Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Batman: The Enemy Within (Sequel to the Telltale Game)

I still haven't played the first one. I'm liking that the Riddler being the main villain of this one.

Wow, I was not expecting a sequel to Batman: The Telltale Series so soon .

I really enjoyed the first series so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Riddler was probably one of the villains people were most excited about appearing, so I'm not surprised to see he'll be the main villain in this. I'm definitely interested to see what their take on him is like, and how they'll incorporate his riddles into gameplay. Now instead of the writers having to think out the answers to the Riddler's riddles, it'll be the players .

It's also kind of funny that we'll apparently be getting a Riddler story with Joker involved what with the "War of Jokes and Riddles" going on in the comics right now. Though it sounds like Joker still isn't quite Joker yet with them referring to "John Doe" as a "Proto-Joker."

Im also curious to see who from season 1 will be back to some degree, since I imagine there's probably a lot more they might want do with Catwoman, and whether we'll see Two-Face or Penguin back.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Oooh, really exciting! I hope Catwoman comes back!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

And is that supposed to be an illustration of the new suit? I like it, though the ears look kind of weird .

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Is it just me, or does Riddler kinda look like an Assassin's Creed/Green Arrow cosplayer here? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Is it just me, or does Riddler kinda look like an Assassin's Creed/Green Arrow cosplayer here? :P
    The hood is giving me a "hacktivist" vibe.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wish they would ditch the suit if he's going to wear a hood. It doesn't look right.

That cane reminfs me of Sly Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oooh, really exciting! I hope Catwoman comes back!
    Yeah but as what? Friend or foe?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Yeah but as what? Friend or foe?
    Girlfriend, of course!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Girlfriend, of course!
    Hmmm, I don't know. When they were talking about how Batman is able to understand the villains and befriend the villains, they showed her right up there with the Joker, and we know he is a villain.

But we shall see how this game turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

I still haven't played the first one. I'm liking that the Riddler being the main villain of this one.
    ... Another time the Riddler, like in the current batman saga.... This is like return to Batman Earth 1 Vol 2..

I will wait for more information, for now I am not interested in this.

BANNED

Telltale did right by Selina and Dent. They also made Penguin cool. The only throwaway villain was Blockbuster and even he wasn't that throwaway. It took 2 fights to beat him and both were tough.

So far the classic rogues have been well handled. I hope that tradition continues with Bane.

Extraordinary Member

I've long had a pet story idea where Bane is introduced to Batman while nominally working underneath another great villain known for their intellect and resources-- someone like Ra's-- and basically making his debut at first as only a physical threat who easily beats Bats in their first fist fight, then reveals his true colors and potential by turning on and usurping some of his employer's power in a cunning scheme. Then when Batman takes advantage of the infighting in the villains and manages to drive Bane away, Bane realizes the caliber of this opponent, and relishes the oppurtunity to focus on dealing with him one on one. Cue Bane pushing himself, training and game planning for his return, "breaking" the Bat, but intentionally leaving him alive on the off chance he recovers and can challenge Bane to evolve once more.

Rinse and repeat, with Bane as one of the villains powerful enough to take on Batman without aid but unwilling to kill him as long as he's an interesting challenge.

Oh, and something cool about that observation that the other silhouette looks like Prof. Strange; the original doctor who experimented on Bane with Venom looked very similar. I think there may even have been a non-denial denial as to whether that was Dixon and Nolan trying to flesh out the story some more.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

That doctor returned in Vengeance of Bane 2 and was killed by Bane. It was definitely not Hugo, the man in the menu isn't Hugo either, its Freeze ( a guy on the internet confirmed)