Phantom Girl = Invisible Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Dc is making his own fantastic four

Mr. Terrific = Mr Fantastic
    Plastic Man = Torch
    Metamorpho = Thing
    They already have one. They're called the Doom Patrol.

But I will say that the suits that Plas and Michael are wearing do remind me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    They already have one. They're called the Doom Patrol.
    Doom Patrol's much more in line with the X-Men (especially the original X-Men) than the FF. If anything, the original Challengers of the Unknown were DC's FF representation.

All that aside, if Terrific, Plas, Metamorpho, and Phantom Girl/Apparition are a new team of science-driven adventurers, be they Outsiders or whatever, I'm going to buy the ever-living hell out of that book. Two of my favorite DC characters ever working together.

So much purple and black.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

And what the heck is up with Plastic Man's costume? Who thought white and black was a good idea ?
    Don't you know that color is out of date nowadays.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Cbr is speculating that the woman might be dr. Light, which sounds a little better than tomorrow woman. Still can't stand plastic man, though.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Cbr is speculating that the woman might be dr. Light, which sounds a little better than tomorrow woman. Still can't stand plastic man, though.
    I think if it were Dr. Light her costume would resemble one of her actual looks more (where's the cape and headpiece?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if it were Dr. Light her costume would resemble one of her actual looks more (where's the cape and headpiece?).
    Well, i'd definitely prefer it; not sure what they're going for.

Incredible Member

I'm all for trying new things in the DCU but this is giving me serious 90s Image vibes...

The only thing that I'm seriously excited about is New Challengers. Always liked the concept and the designs are respectful of the originals. Plus I think Snyder writes better when he's trying these kind of fringe characters, like his Swamp Thing run.

And seriously, the artists are only signed for 3 issues? Not even a single freaking story arc? What are they thinking!?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Dc is making his own fantastic four

Mr. Terrific = Mr Fantastic
    Plastic Man = Torch
    Metamorpho = Thing
    Same thing I thought.

But I doubt that woman is Tinya/Phantom Girl. Could be her but also could be either Halo, Dr Light or Tomorrow Woman or someone new with new clothes. After all,, it seems like all in Team Terrific are using somekind of uniforme.plas also is using a black and white motif "T" in his new suit.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    What's Darkmatter?
    The brand than groups the spin-off of Dark Days.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

By the way, just remember than there were still some unknow titles in the dark matter line. Maybe Team Terrific/Outsiders will be one of them:

It'd be hilarious to see DC do their own Fantastic Four given the current situation with Marvel over the FF .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Doom Patrol's much more in line with the X-Men (especially the original X-Men) than the FF. If anything, the original Challengers of the Unknown were DC's FF representation.
    While very true, it is hard to ignore the similarities between the FF and the Doom Patrol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're too similar to each other now, but back in the day, they largely corresponded with one another.

Robotman: a "man turned monster" who views himself as less than human. Corresponds to the Thing.

Negative Man: a guy who flies around and can generate explosions sort of like Johnny Storm can (albeit in a much different way than Johnny can).

Elasti-Girl: a beautiful woman who marries one of the other members of the team and has a family with him. Corresponds to Sue Storm (and I guess you can sort of say Steve Dayton corresponds to Reed Richards).

I guess the main differences were that (a) the FF were loved by the public, and the Doom Patrol were hated and (b) that Mento and Elast-Girl's marriage didn't last, while Reed and Sue's did.