Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

So I guess the question is what the heck if Phantom Girl doing in the 21st century and teaming-up with Mr. Terrific? Is she trying to find Saturn Girl ?

And I guess if Marvel isn't going to bring back the FF, DC may as well do their own take .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Newsarama messed up. CBR's liveblog called her Phantom Girl, and so does this sketch.

Oh thanks.

I think a 4-man team will actually work out for Lemire, despite his admitted issue with team books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess the question is what the heck if Phantom Girl doing in the 21st century and teaming-up with Mr. Terrific? Is she trying to find Saturn Girl ?
    Makes sense.
    I wonder how many of them will pop up in the present before the book finally drops.

I am glad for the slow buildup, though. It'll probably help the long-term sales of the relaunch.

I think a 4-man team will actually work out for Lemire, despite his admitted issue with team books.
    That's a good point. Fingers crossed.

I was wondering about Phantom Girl's inclusion (beyond being the Invisible Woman stand-in and likely being a tie-in to the Legion's Rebirth storyline) until I remembered that Lemire is a big Legion fan.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

SDCC 2017: DC's DARK NIGHTS: METAL and DARK MATTER Panel
    https://www.newsarama.com/35529-sdcc...rk-matter.html

Noteworthy things from panel

-The Dark Knights one-shots will reveal their origins - and their secret plans to destroy the DC Universe.
    -Capullo said he's drawing nearly ever DC character - and that he particularly likes Swamp Thing.
    -Lemire is writing "Hawkman Found" a sequel to "Batman Lost" with Bryan Hitch and Kevin Nowlan.
    -Lemire implied he may be writing a Hawkman series.
    -Lemire said that his goal with The Terrifics is to recapture the feeling of Lee and Kirby's Fantastic Four. The title will spin out of Metal.
    -The Terrifics will be drawn by Ivan Reis.
    -Snyder will write Challengers of the Unknown with Andy Kubert.
    -Snyder said it would be "self contained" but still touch the rest of the DC Universe.
    -Venditti discussed Damage, which is not tied to the older iteration of the character, though it does have ties to DC history.
    -Dark Matter will bring back secret identities as well as fully realized villains and supporting cast.
    -The term "widescreen" is getting thrown around a lot to describe the Dark Matter series - and everyone is namedropping Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
    -Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #32 will tie into Metal, in a story that features the New Gods
    -Venditti said Metal will reunite all the corners of the DC Universe.
    -Lee said he likes variant covers - "More covers, more work." But instead of variant covers, the first issues will launch with two covers in a three-fold gatefold, allowing an expanded vertical presentation unique to comic books.
    -Duke Thomas is getting his own series entitled "Batman: The Signal" co-written by Tony Patrick. The Signal will be Gotham's "hero by day."

Spectacular Member

Sad to say none of these teams are wowing me, but they generally seem fine. Except Damage. That seems like a mess in the making.
    The Terrifics is definitely the one I'm most interested in.

Hopefully we get info on Silencer's team this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

-The Dark Knights one-shots will reveal their origins - and their secret plans to destroy the DC Universe.
    -Capullo said he's drawing nearly ever DC character - and that he particularly likes Swamp Thing.
    -Lemire is writing "Hawkman Found" a sequel to "Batman Lost" with Bryan Hitch and Kevin Nowlan.
    -Lemire said that his goal with The Terrifics is to recapture the feeling of Lee and Kirby's Fantastic Four. The title will spin out of Metal.
    -Snyder said it would be "self contained" but still touch the rest of the DC Universe.
    -Venditti discussed Damage, which is not tied to the older iteration of the character, though it does have ties to DC history.
    -Dark Matter will bring back secret identities as well as fully realized villains and supporting cast.
    -The term "widescreen" is getting thrown around a lot to describe the Dark Matter series - and everyone is namedropping Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
    -Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #32 will tie into Metal, in a story that features the New Gods
    -Lee said he likes variant covers - "More covers, more work." But instead of variant covers, the first issues will launch with two covers in a three-fold gatefold, allowing an expanded vertical presentation unique to comic books.
    -Duke Thomas is getting his own series entitled "Batman: The Signal" co-written by Tony Patrick. The Signal will be Gotham's "hero by day."
    I'm guessing Metal will also explain why Phantom Girl is in the present-day instead of with the Legion.

Sounds like Dark Matter will be both about doing new concepts while also harkening back to classic comics and conventions of the genre .

I would really like to see what Lemire would do on a Hawkman book .

So Duke is "The Signal?" I honestly can't help but think Lark was a better codename .

Spectacular Member

From his twitter it seems Doc Shaner did the Terrifics designs.

I hope he does interiors at some point, too. Not like Reis (or Shaner for that matter) can keep to a monthly schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The green one? That's Ghost Fist from the Immortal Men. He's supposedly a forgotten hero of the 1920s.
    I didn't know that but I was referring to the one behind the dark matter chatacter, but I just found out his book wasn't announced before today and the character is called Brimstone. Thanks for replying anyway.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Well now I have some decisions to make on what I want to read because while I'm interested in Sideways and the Immortal men, I do want to pick up the Terrifics and Duke Thomas's new series(not crazy on the name though).

Hawkman written by Jeff Lemire is also a nice surprise, is definitely be interested in trying an ongoing series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

everything sounds good coming out of Dark Matter. the terrifics, possible new hawkman series, makes sense, sideways and new challengers, looks great!

So Duke is "The Signal?" I honestly can't help but think Lark was a better codename.
    And maybe they can give him an even cooler outfit than his current "yellow rubber ducky" suit.

Hey, why not:

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Thanks for encapsulating it for me; i'm having a hard time following what's going on in the actual panels . I'm tired of all these mini series; i don't really understand what's going on in them any more. Why are secret identities and supporting cast suddenly a big deal?
    Last edited by protege; 07-21-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Uhg, Lemire coming back to write a team book. They should have had him do a Mr. Terrific solo. Hawkman Found could be cool though. I hope i does lead to him on a Hawkman series. That seem like it'd be awesome.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-21-2017 at 07:09 PM.