Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Wonder Woman: Art of War Statues - designs by Cliff Chiang and Tony Daniel

Finally a Cliff Chiang statue.

BANNED

Wow, I don't like either one. The Cliff Chiang has the ugliest armor ever worn by Wonder Woman and the Tony Daniel seems needlessly clunky. They should have gone with Heph's exploding mummy wrap armor, that would have been cool.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The first statue looks a little too "Disney" to me. The second one is hard to judge until I can see a frontal view.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Amazing Member

Oh god finally, one designed by Cliff Chiang! Unsurprisingly its gorgeous. I really like the Tony Daniel one too. I might have to get both.

BANNED

Finally a statue Based on cliff chiang looks.

tony daniel is beautiful, but looks more like a model is posing as WW. high heels lol. also boobs and butt pose? lolx2

Those statues (specially those that aren't so detailed) generally aren't exactly like the designs, they become a little different when they are made into statues. In Chiang's case (from what I can see), it didn't turned so great (speaking of the face, specially the eyes), and on Tony Daniel's case, it seems better than his actual art generally is, though the heels really disturbs me.

I do think both are better than Jim Lee's and Yanick Paquette's designs.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Wow, I don't like either one. The Cliff Chiang has the ugliest armor ever worn by Wonder Woman and the Tony Daniel seems needlessly clunky. They should have gone with Heph's exploding mummy wrap armor, that would have been cool.
    Yeah I really don't like that armor either.

I like them both for different reasons. And i just noticed that Chiang's armor has... slippers? Those shoe things look ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The first statue looks a little too "Disney" to me.
    There's nothing wrong with that if you ask me. Just imagine a Chiff Chiang animated WW cartoon in the style of Disney's Hercules. It would be glorious!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I like them both for different reasons. And i just noticed that Chiang's armor has... slippers? Those shoe things look ugly.

There's nothing wrong with that if you ask me. Just imagine a Chiff Chiang animated WW cartoon in the style of Disney's Hercules. It would be glorious!
    now you make me wish WW was from disney, WW and amethyst

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont know. I'm really torn on this series. The Batman and Superman lines have for the most part looked really awesome. Excellent adaptations of remarkable artists. Wonder Woman's run is based on the idea of her being War and just really haven't been all that great to me. She is my number one all time favorite super hero. Her best statue has been the Brian Bolland one replicating his cover. All the rest just dont seem to measure up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Oh please, this is a world where Wonder Woman has worn this monstrosity.

In comparison Chiang's looks pretty sharp.

Anyway, the sculpts don't look quite as good to me as some I've seen, but that Daniels one is particularly bad.

I like the armor in the comic (Chiang's), but I'm not sure I like how it translated to the sculpture.

I have the Perez and Lee statues with the Hughes one on order (arriving September). I'll probably order these as well.

Can't wait for my Slideshow Diana, tho'

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Oh please, this is a world where Wonder Woman has worn this monstrosity.

In comparison Chiang's looks pretty sharp.

Anyway, the sculpts don't look quite as good to me as some I've seen, but that Daniels one is particularly bad.

Monstrosity? I'd take that any day over Chiang's armor. The only part of Chiang's armor I like is the arm-guard. My biggest problem with it is that it's too color busy for my taste with 2 different shades of red, blue, gold, silver, and gray mesh. Plus the "skirt" looks like something a stripper would wear.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 07-12-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Monstrosity? I'd take that any day over Chiang's armor. The only part of Chiang's armor I like is the arm-guard. My biggest problem with it is that it's too color busy for my taste with 2 different shades of red, blue, gold, silver, and gray mesh. Plus the "skirt" looks like something a stripper would wear.
    The chicken suit is abominable. There literally is nothing else you can think of when you see it.

And the skirt is clearly modelled off an Ancient Roman belt. I thought everyone wanted more Ancient Greece/Roman aesthetic with WW and the Amazons...