Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default WATCH: Entire Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary SDCC Panel

The full presentation, featuring Jim Lee, Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot has been released online by DC Entertainment.

Full article here.

This made me emotional just watching it. The people seemed really passionate about Wonder Woman. Let's hope that translate into a good and loyal adaptation like the Deadpool movie was.
    Superhero shows are trash

Fantastic Member

I'm still looking for an explanation of why - apparently - Wonder Woman in the DC movie universe cannot fly. I say "apparently" because this is not entirely clear, but it certainly seems that she lacks the power to fly, one of her cornerstone powers since the Perez run. Why?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I'm still looking for an explanation of why - apparently - Wonder Woman in the DC movie universe cannot fly. I say "apparently" because this is not entirely clear, but it certainly seems that she lacks the power to fly, one of her cornerstone powers since the Perez run. Why?
    I've asked this question whenever I have seen inconsistencies since the Perez reboot.

1) Her own animated solo movie....no flight even though she had been flying in the justice league animated series at the time.

2) The Adrianne Palicki Wonder Woman pilot. Again, no flight.

3) No flying in the Azzarello reboot until issue 12.

4) No flying in the DCEU as of yet and doesn't appear there will be.

5) Haven't seen her fly yet in the trailers for the animated Justice League Action series as of yet.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

1.) The synopsis says that she discovers her true power in the movie. She may very well fly by the end of the movie. She's gaining more power as she progresses.

2.) Flight is expensive to animate, so they may be limiting the number of flyers that they have to deal with in the DCEU.

3.) Diana is a warrior, so her taking a more grounded approach fits her fighting style. A sword and shield are more effective, actually, when your feet are on the ground. Super-leaping can make her look all strong and like her powers are all extensions of her warrior training.

I do hope she flies, but I'm surprisingly okay with it if she doesn't.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Best WW = Jim Lee's ASBAR version, natch.

What does that mean?
    the costume (design was nice, but I do not care for the suggestively revealing way her clothes fitted)
    or the depiction of her by Frank Miller
    Personally I like what Frank did with Batman in Dark Knight Returns and Batman year one, but I don't
    want him or his ideas within 1000 years of Wonder Woman. (just a personal preference) .

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Because it would look silly. Somethings just don't translate well on screen.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Mighty Member

I love how passionate everyone is especially Patty. The way she talks about her it feels like she understands her character and i like how she doesnt shy away from the L word like a lot of people have done in the past so im seeing that im getting what i wanted from this movie
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 07-26-2016 at 09:42 PM.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    if that's the case, then Superman needs to be grounded. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Best WW = Jim Lee's ASBAR version, natch.
    I'm going to have to strongly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Yes. A flying woman in a comic book universe with all the inherent bs that we all accept would look silly!?!

Are you effing with us???

Maybe just wait and see.................

Why do people want everything spoiled before a film comes out?

It really wouldn't surprise me if we do get a scene late in the film when she finally flies as more of her powers are unlocked.

If she flies, fabulous - if she doesn't, I'm not going to burst into tears about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis4 View Post
    Maybe just wait and see.................

Why do people want everything spoiled before a film comes out?

It really wouldn't surprise me if we do get a scene late in the film when she finally flies as more of her powers are unlocked.

If she flies, fabulous - if she doesn't, I'm not going to burst into tears about it.
    If she is the daughter of Zeus, or at least magically animated from Zeus's power, why wouldn't she have had all her powers years ago? After all, she is supposed to be 5000 years old. Why now, as some people are trying to surmise, is she going to level up in powers versus just having had them her entire life? Does she level up every 5000 years, or is there something magical about WWI that somehow taps her latent power? Wouldn't she know she could fly after 5000 years?

My guess is that she is not as fast as someone like Faora. It just doesn't make sense to ride a horse into battle if one assumes that she has strength and speed on par with kryptonians. You would think the horse would slow her down, and as a result she would be putting ordinary people in jeopardy or in harms way if she could only travel as fast as the horse could go. If she was as fast as kryptonians, then she could do a Faora blitzkrieg like in MoS and dispatch the bad guys before they had a chance to injure or kill civilians/friends.

Another thing from the trailer is her shield. She was using it to deflect the incoming bullets and whatever else was coming in, but keeping her entire head behind the shield. This implies that the other parts of her body are exposed and since she can't see anything while her head is behind the shield, she would certainly be getting hit by enemy fire. I personally think the bullets and bracelets would be far better in that she sees what is coming at her and she is skillful enough to deflect anything that comes at her. Otherwise she seems to be trying to take on Captain Americas shtick.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

I'm okay with Diana not flying. There was something absolutely powerful about a woman wrecking an army with her feet on the ground instead of taking to the air.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!