Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    The chicken suit is abominable. There literally is nothing else you can think of when you see it.

And the skirt is clearly modelled off an Ancient Roman belt. I thought everyone wanted more Ancient Greece/Roman aesthetic with WW and the Amazons...
    Who is this 'everyone' that you are talking about. Or just messageboard hyperbole?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    My biggest problem with it is that it's too color busy for my taste with 2 different shades of red, blue, gold, silver, and gray mesh.
    Plus the "skirt" looks like something a stripper would wear.
    It's almost as if you're talking about her classic suit.

But i'll agree with you. There a few too many colours and details on that armour. And i dont like the arm thing. It makes her look like a gladiator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    now you make me wish WW was from disney, WW and amethyst
    Oh yes, Amethyst would be great as well!

BANNED

Oh please, this is a world where Wonder Woman has worn this monstrosity.

In comparison Chiang's looks pretty sharp.

Anyway, the sculpts don't look quite as good to me as some I've seen, but that Daniels one is particularly bad.
    With the exception of the sash, the Golden Eagle armor is all one color. It also has clean lines and a unified design aesthetic. The same can't be said for Chiang's. It's the tackiest armor she's ever worn.

It's too many colors, too many materials and too many things. The lobster tail arm guard clearly belongs on another outfit, it makes it appear as though she's being attacked by a mutant crustacean. The anemic star on the belt makes it look like a giant tiara, it competes for attention with the sad eagle on her chest and shoulder, that sneaks in a brand new, non-regulation, laurel leaf, double W design, that's inferior to all that came before.

The part I really hate though is the "skirt". It looks like an upside down fence, that's missing a few pickets. Was it salvaged from an automated car wash, because it's definitely not Grecian. You want a genuine Grecian skirt, see the Golden Eagle design.

The whole thing is a horrendous nightmare, the only part I like is her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    The lobster tail arm guard clearly belongs on another outfit, it makes it appear as though she's being attacked by a mutant crustacean.
    Actually, it doesnt. It was a common accessory to protect the hand that holds the sword. The other hand doesnt need it because it's under a shield. Of course, WW doesnt have a shield, so either she should have it on both arms, or not at all.

Not that i like it, but i'm just argueing your point.

Geez, what a disappointment. I adore Chiang's art, but that armor design is ew. I do like her hair and the greaves. She very much looks like Wonder Woman the Roman Gladiator, what with the manica and mail yet with much of the body still exposed.

Can we please have a Chiang statue with her usual costume?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Actually, it doesnt. It was a common accessory to protect the hand that holds the sword. The other hand doesnt need it because it's under a shield. Of course, WW doesnt have a shield, so either she should have it on both arms, or not at all.

Not that i like it, but i'm just argueing your point.

Actually she has a shield in her other hand. The guard you posted is cool, Chiang's looks like a lobster tail. I think that's what I want for lunch now.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Actually she has a shield in her other hand.
    Woops, i missed it. Probably because she didnt use it at all when she went to the Underworld.
    The guard you posted is cool, Chiang's looks like a lobster tail. I think that's what I want for lunch now.
    They look about the same to me.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The chicken suit is abominable. There literally is nothing else you can think of when you see it.

And the skirt is clearly modelled off an Ancient Roman belt. I thought everyone wanted more Ancient Greece/Roman aesthetic with WW and the Amazons...

I do like Greek/Roman influences in Wonder Woman's attire but the skirt on the Chiang statue seems pointless to me. How much protection can it really offer with those huge gaps in between the pieces than hang down? Plus, they make the overall look quite revealing.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It's almost as if you're talking about her classic suit.

But i'll agree with you. There a few too many colours and details on that armour. And i dont like the arm thing. It makes her look like a gladiator.

Actually, I do prefer the color simplicity of Diana's regular New 52 outfit. I would also be fine if the silver was replaced by gold. I just don't want red, white, blue, gold, AND silver all in the same suit.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Who is this 'everyone' that you are talking about. Or just messageboard hyperbole?
    Everyone being the people who complain about Azz's "mud hut" Amazons.

It's fantastic that we're getting the Cliff Chiang armor, I'll be getting that one for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    It's fantastic that we're getting the Cliff Chiang armor, I'll be getting that one for sure!
    Me too! Looooove it. Probably get Daniels too.

BANNED

Everyone being the people who complain about Azz's "mud hut" Amazons.
    So, we are not talking about everyone then. The few people that have complained about the 'mud hut' amazons on this messageboard is to whom you are talking about? That doesn't sound like it would make your argument any more valid.

I want a videogame, not action figures. Legend of Zelda style adaptation of Azzarello's run.

BANNED

They look about the same to me.
    They're totally different. The one you posted has various sized segments, Chiang's are all the same (which gives it the lobster tail effect).