Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I didn't notice how she is stepping out of the stand. She's not on the official pic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    With the exception of the sash, the Golden Eagle armor is all one color. It also has clean lines and a unified design aesthetic. The same can't be said for Chiang's. It's the tackiest armor she's ever worn.
    You say that as if its a good thing. Have you ever walked out of the house wearing all one color: gold hat, gold shirt, gold pants, gold gloves, and gold boots? I'd assume not, as you'd look incredibly silly.

Plus, that "Golden Eagle" armor, as you call it makes her look like that giant chicken from Family Guy.

And there are really only three colors in the Chiang armor: red, blue, and gold. The same as her classic outfit. That "silver" people keep referring to is really just metal, probably iron.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 07-25-2014 at 04:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    You say that as if its a good thing. Have you ever walked out of the house wearing all one color: gold hat, gold shirt, gold pants, gold gloves, and gold boots? I'd assume not, as you'd look incredibly silly.

Plus, that "Golden Eagle" armor, as you call it makes her look like that giant chicken from Family Guy.

And there are really only three colors in the Chiang armor: red, blue, and gold. The same as her classic outfit. That "silver" people keep referring to is really just metal, probably iron.
    It's called monochromatic and yeah I do it a lot. Mostly with black, but navy blue, white and khaki too.

The Chiang armor has a lot of gold, red, blue, black, silver(gray) it's shiny, it's matte, it's scalloped, it's dented, it's too much and her pigeon toed stance takes it all up to another level of tackiness.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    It's called monochromatic and yeah I do it a lot. Mostly with black, but navy blue, white and khaki too.
    Was it more than one article of clothing? Because the only way I'd see that working was if a person was simply wearing a dress. Or if it were all black, but black is not gold.

The Chiang armor has a lot of gold, red, blue, black, silver(gray) it's shiny, it's matte, it's scalloped, it's dented, it's too much and her pigeon toed stance takes it all up to another level of tackiness.
    Well, a) that page is beautiful; and b) is it really any busier than this:

or this:

or, if we're going to compare it to past Wonder Woman get-ups, this:

The ancient Greeks and Romans obviously had to wear armor with a variety of different textures (scalloped, smooth, hard, malleable, etc.) because they were usually going off to war. Different textures meant different types of protection for different parts of the body. Breastplates were hard in order to protect the chest and heart by deflecting blows, while leather straps were used to protect the legs because they were able to absorb blows while not forcing the soldier to sacrifice mobility. Also, as you'll see, the ancient Greeks and Romans also wore an array of colors: black, red, white, gold, etc.

Also, hate on the Chiang's armor all you want, but that latter picture I posted pretty much proves that its definitely not the clunkiest or busiest armor that Wonder Woman has sported. If anything, Chiang essentially designed a typical Roman/Greek-style ancient armor for women, but used Wonder Woman's classic colors (and even the old eagle motif she once sported).
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 07-26-2014 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

The Drew Johnson WW armor was far better visually than Chiang's. She has a sword, shield, gloves, spear, lasso, battle-ax, dagger, breastplate and helmet and still looks less busy and less weighed down than Chiang's.

Probably a long shot but does anyone else have the Chiang statue? I bought one yesterday and the blade has a cut right above the hilt. At first I thought it was there to make sure the blade doesn't bend (so it gives a little), but now I'm thinking it's defective. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Incredible Member

That Tony Daniel statue is saying "The mace and the sword are NOT the deadliest weapons I wield..."

All-New Member

So I treated myself and got myself an early Birthday gift, the Cliff Change statue along with his actual original art (not a reproduction) he created for the sculptor to use as a reference for the design. I can not wait to get the two pieces framed and display them along with the statue!
    20160129_161451-1.jpg

Mighty Member

4_Color_Image, cool! Really COOL !

I've been thinking of buying original art, and especially Chiang's. Love his art.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I truly wish they would adapt the Fabok design from Justice League into a statue.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I truly wish they would adapt the Fabok design from Justice League into a statue.
    No way! I've bought too many Wonder Woman statues as it is, I don't need the temptation

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I've been thinking of buying original art, and especially Chiang's. Love his art.
    You really should if you enjoy the artist. I have purchased quite a few original pieces and have never been sorry I did. It is also a great way to support the artists... as artists.

BANNED

Having only seen this now... this perhaps the first time I've seen a 'human being' where the body is only 1/3 of the individual's height and the legs make up the other 2/3's.

Regarding original art, been making the same considerations aswell... it's just bloody expensive.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    4_Color_Image, cool! Really COOL !

You can get Chiang's available art from FelixComicArt.com