Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    #24, #25, and Batman/Elmer Fudd all sold out and are going back for extra printings. I think sales will be fine for the forseeable future.
    24: event with massive, massive press coverage.

25: anniversary larger issue

Batman/Elmer Fudd - crossover, one-shot, tons of buzz

I will believe it if War of Jokes and Riddles at least gets a bump from these items. If it continues the expected shrink, something else is going to need to happen.

If, however, it gets a significant bump, I think we're good for at least one more year.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Major fail if Selina says no, Batman goes nuts and decides on this quest.

Hopefully its the exact opposite. She says yes but he feels he has to do this whatever-it-is before he can be a husband.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

There will be huge disagreement either way. I know I have a strong opinion on it. I'm just letting it play out for now.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'd be disappointed if she says no and they don't get together in any capacity. But, if it were used to for Batman to move on in a positive fashion, I'd see some merit to it. I won't be able to see the merit in using a situation of her saying no to make him all uber-angsty all over again doing stupid crap that drives away everyone around him. We were just starting to slowly get away from that crap. Going back there would be a major head-scratcher. So I'm hoping the idea of what at first glance looks like a dark and self-loathing exile is intentional and ends up something much much different. Regardless of what the answer is. But yeah I do want her to say yes. But what would happen after would be key to see where I would stand on the point of going through this at all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-20-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    We were just starting to slowly get away from that....dark and self-loathing
    We really haven't been getting away from a view that Batman is a good bit damaged. King has been and appears to want to continue to explore that (how this damage has manifested itself and what will Batman do about it). Just as with Snyder and his Batman immortality desire among other flawed angles and traits (many that push away allies and cause them to act against Batman).

One poster & I noticed certain Bronze Age aspects with King's run (particularly the nods), but I've been quick to point out King interview quotes that prove he really doesn't have a Bronze Age view of Batman so much, a view where Batman is more saner and normal. King and/or Snyder have said King's Batman continues from Snyder's lead.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-20-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Oh I know Batman will always be damaged to a degree. That's just part of the character, I'm not saying that should go away. I was speaking more to the idea of driving away his family. He's been in a pretty decent place with his sons and his friends for the first time in a long time. I'd hate to see that abandoned for some broken-hearted loner quest where he pushes everyone away again.

If that's the direction they want to go in, so be it. But I'm hoping against it. I don't need Batman to be Superman-levels of happy-go-lucky by any means, but you can still be a darker character without absolutely everything in your life sucking. I'm still hoping that there's some good things in store for the man that would make his father's wishes come true in some form or another. Hence why I'm hoping that this quest, while dangerous and stupid in the eyes of those who care about him, maybe he'll see as some sort of purification ritual or something. Burning away some of the sin, so he can move forward, not adding to it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-20-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was speaking more to the idea of driving away his family. He's been in a pretty decent place with his sons and his friends for the first time in a long time.
    Definitely not Alfred lately, Snyder's Alfred. Who finds himself pushed away by Bruce's immortality quest. He's been questioning all of life's aid and the lessons Bruce has taken from this aid.

Well that's a shame, I thought they were on good terms. I'm further behind than I thought in knowing the general idea of what's going on around him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Definitely not Alfred lately, Snyder's Alfred. Who finds himself pushed away by Bruce's immortality quest. He's been questioning all of life's aid and the lessons Bruce has taken from this aid.

The immorality quest is stupid and I'm really not a fan. Hope they sweep that under the rug

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    The immorality quest is stupid and I'm really not a fan. Hope they sweep that under the rug
    I think it stands a good chance of ending in Snyder's Sean Murphy arc (that would have been in All Star and has been moved to a prestige release).