Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    All-New Member journeyin2mystery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    this android variation is a creation, perhaps to make it look less bad on the X-Men/Charles when it dies. Also, the X-Men DID NOT know Charles had gone undercover(well, Jean did, but she pretended not to). There are actually a ton of changes in #2, maybe even moreso than #1.
    Thanks for the answer, yf!

Quote Originally Posted by journeyin2mystery View Post
    Thanks for the answer, yf!
    My pleasure, journeyin2mystery. Fare thee well!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Grand Design is full of lies and half-truths.
    Agreed. This is entire series is nonsense.

These aren't inconsequential tweaks.

The stuff like replacing Jean and Annie's frisbee with a basketball is no big deal. No cares about that. Fine, whatever.

But, for example, saying that Storm was in the thrall of Shadow King as a child in Egypt and was stealing for him fundamentally alters both characters and their relationship to one another.

Given Storm's willpower, she would have had a personal vendetta against Amahl Farouk for the rest of her life for such an invasive affront. It would also alter how Farouk saw Storm in every subsequent encounter. It creates an entire relationship and character dynamic between two X-Characters THAT NEVER EXISTED in the first place.

Not to mention the fact that it entirely wipes out Achmed el-Gibar from existence who was Storm's true master thief teacher and surrogate father. There was an entire issue of X-Men Unlimited dedicated to el-Gibar and exploring Storm's close relationship to him and the other thieves of Cairo. But hey, just ignore all that, right?

There's lots more, but that's just one instance.

Pay Grand Design no attention. This isn't canon.
    Last edited by SamGuthrie1977; 01-11-2018 at 05:14 PM.

I rather like some of the changes Piskor's made to the narrative - some less so (Jean in Ted's bed for instance). But I think his reimagining of the continuity with the overarching theme of the Phoenix is good. I made a review on both of the issues if anyone is interested. Below is the first one. I am looking forward to the next issues.

Grand Design 1
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by SamGuthrie1977 View Post
    Agreed. This is entire series is nonsense.

These aren't inconsequential tweaks.

The stuff like replacing Jean and Annie's frisbee with a basketball is no big deal. No cares about that. Fine, whatever.

But, for example, saying that Storm was in the thrall of Shadow King as a child in Egypt and was stealing for him fundamentally alters both characters and their relationship to one another.

Given Storm's willpower, she would have had a personal vendetta against Amahl Farouk for the rest of her life for such an invasive affront. It would also alter how Farouk saw Storm in every subsequent encounter. It creates an entire relationship and character dynamic between two X-Characters THAT NEVER EXISTED in the first place.

Not to mention the fact that it entirely wipes out Achmed el-Gibar from existence who was Storm's true master thief teacher and surrogate father. There was an entire issue of X-Men Unlimited dedicated to el-Gibar and exploring Storm's close relationship to him and the other thieves of Cairo. But hey, just ignore all that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SamGuthrie1977 View Post

Curious now, what other instances...

Grand Design is coming to a close with the next two issues out soon. What are people's thoughts overall on the series? I've quite enjoyed what Ed has done - even if there are moments where the continuity is rough. But I'm taking it as an alternate take on the X-Men and am along for the ride. I've made a review of the series you can check out if you'd like.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

When does the next batch of issues come out?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    When does the next batch of issues come out?
    End of May and June.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

rip to ed (apparently he committed suicide)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

R.I.P. Ed Piskor, I absolutely loved Grand Design.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    rip to ed (apparently he committed suicide)
    some of the saddest ****, I've ever read.

we've reached a point in society that a man made a mistake yet not a single crime was committed but his friends turned their backs on him, he lost his career, and he thought his only option was to take his life.

what have we come to?

RIP Eddy P

That's so sad to hear.

RIP Ed Piskor

Yeah, his note made me tear up. Also, he and Liefeld were buddies apparently, and while I'm not the biggest fan of Liefeld, I have a ton of respect for him and for the video he posted on Instagram about this situation.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I didn't like this book at all, but that sucks about the artist. I hope he's found peace beyond this world. What is this note you all refer to?