Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Not quite in the same vein but I once imagined a Telltale Game for X-Men where you played as Jean Grey and each of the six episodes would take place in a different decade/era of X-Men: First Class Jean in the 60's, Phoenix in the 70's, Pryor in the 80's, '92 Jean in the 90's, Morrison Jean in the 00's and Young 05 Jean in the present, with a storyline running through all of it and numerous guest stars. It's a nifty concept regardless.
    Telltale X-Men !! I've wanted this since that TT Marvel announcement, just to get disappointed it was MCU-esque Guardians. I'm still holding out on the impossible hope that they could do it now their Guardians season is finished.

Sounds interesting, at long as its job isn't solely 'let's retcon all this stuff for the modern books'. I only worry having it be a love letter to X-Men of the 60's through to the 90's makes what came after seem naff by comparasion. I do assume that the Morrison, San Fran, Bendis and modern fans will be hoping for something for them too.
    I have a feeling the retconing will happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I have a feeling the retconing will happen.
    Oh good. I only hope these six issues are prepared to retcon away two whole decades.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Oh good. I only hope these six issues are prepared to retcon away two whole decades.
    I guess one could technically pretend this is all the past of the X-Men Forever or X-Men '92 series, given they diverge around that point give or take.

And thanks for liking my Jean Telltale idea! I'm learning Twine so it always possible I might finally get a chance to create a decent X-Men Choose Your Own Adventure thingie...

BANNED

I love the art. This looks fun.

BANNED

I guess one could technically pretend this is all the past of the X-Men Forever or X-Men '92 series, given they diverge around that point give or take.

And thanks for liking my Jean Telltale idea! I'm learning Twine so it always possible I might finally get a chance to create a decent X-Men Choose Your Own Adventure thingie...
    X-Men '92 was too good to be related to the mainstream Marvel universe today, unless you meant these six issues would be connected to that. X-Men Forever was horrendous though...total waste of a concept.

Ooh, well if you ever do end up creating that X-Men game, don't forget all of us here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

X-Men '92 was too good to be related to the mainstream Marvel universe today, unless you meant these six issues would be connected to that. X-Men Forever was horrendous though...total waste of a concept.

Ooh, well if you ever do end up creating that X-Men game, don't forget all of us here.
    Didn't know X-Men forever was that bad, glad I didn't read it then. And it's probably no bad thing X-Men '92 gets to be its own thing, just like the RYV universe with Spidey.

I'll try! Alas I fear I am terribly indecisive since I've had ideas about CYOA games with Marvel for yonks between doing one for Spidey in the Civil War event to one where you play as Lockheed to even trying to create a fully explorable X-Mansion based on the maps out there. But hopefully I'll have something sometime someday for ya.

BANNED

Didn't know X-Men forever was that bad, glad I didn't read it then. And it's probably no bad thing X-Men '92 gets to be its own thing, just like the RYV universe with Spidey.

I'll try! Alas I fear I am terribly indecisive since I've had ideas about CYOA games with Marvel for yonks between doing one for Spidey in the Civil War event to one where you play as Lockheed to even trying to create a fully explorable X-Mansion based on the maps out there. But hopefully I'll have something sometime someday for ya.
    Well if you don't mind an evil adult Storm and a good young Storm running around at the same time along with a reformed Sabretooth, a dead Wolverine, a Kitty with Wolverine claws, a Rogue who looks like Nightcrawler, and a Jean who runs back and forth between Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast for romantic companionship, then I would recommend it to you.

Renew Your Vows is another perfect example of what ought to have been canon. I've been on a bit of a Spidey hype since the new movie and also because I've been reading the classic Lee/Ditko and Stern runs, so I definitely need to check out Renew Your Vows.

Wow, all of those are great choices. I love the idea of a fully explorable X-Mansion. Reminds me of XML1 a little. Hope you make something you are proud of and enjoy!

I'm sure the book will be fine, but I only have so much appetite for nostalgia. It's rather the same issue I have with Gold; why pay for warmed over Claremont when I have those stories on my shelves already?

I'm thinking before those two decades.

Well if you don't mind an evil adult Storm and a good young Storm running around at the same time along with a reformed Sabretooth, a dead Wolverine, a Kitty with Wolverine claws, a Rogue who looks like Nightcrawler, and a Jean who runs back and forth between Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast for romantic companionship, then I would recommend it to you.

Renew Your Vows is another perfect example of what ought to have been canon. I've been on a bit of a Spidey hype since the new movie and also because I've been reading the classic Lee/Ditko and Stern runs, so I definitely need to check out Renew Your Vows.

Wow, all of those are great choices. I love the idea of a fully explorable X-Mansion. Reminds me of XML1 a little. Hope you make something you are proud of and enjoy!

I liked Forever. Claremont took the title in a different direction than what he would have if Marvel hadn't taken him off X-men in the early 90s. If I recall correctly Marvel used tons of his ideas years after they took the book from him. That said when compared to his previous great run Forever it stunk. But doesn't almost every X-men run?

BANNED

I liked Forever. Claremont took the title in a different direction than what he would have if Marvel hadn't taken him off X-men in the early 90s. If I recall correctly Marvel used tons of his ideas years after they took the book from him. That said when compared to his previous great run Forever it stunk. But doesn't almost every X-men run?
    I still think Marvel should have given Claremont freer reign on some of his plans, IE letting Cyclops retire with Maddie (in fact, I wish Marvel had built the idea of character's moving on rather than the messy as @#$% sliding timescale where no one ever really changes that we have now from the start).

BANNED

His original plans were best imo. I know he said that those plotlines were all used, but I think his original intent would still have been unique enough if he had pursued it. Case example being Wolverine. Wolverine was only brainwashed in his own solo book for a few issues but in Forever, he could have been dead/brainwashed for over a year. On top of that, the storyline was necessary to get his adamantium claws ripped out by Colossus so he could lose his adamantium skeleton, stabilize his healing factor, and develop natural claws like his father Sabretooth. And the culmination of the Shadow King storyline hasn't been done by anyone except him in a brief X-Treme X-Men Annual which isn't well-remembered anyway.

I'm thinking before those two decades.
    I forgot about the 90s. Those should go away as well.

They got rid of Cyclops over a decade ago. He isn't coming back no matter how much we want it.
    Agreed. Cyclops was dead the second he merged with Apocalypse. That was the end of his story.

I wonder if now they'll finally retcon the coccoon story lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wonder if now they'll finally retcon the coccoon story lol.
    Hasn't it technically been retconned? At least in the sense that no one really refers to it anymore.