Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Hasn't it technically been retconned? At least in the sense that no one really refers to it anymore.
    I mean, yeah, but the problem with that, is that if it didn't happened, how did Jean got back later on X-Factor? I think they could just tweak it a bit.

I've been saying that all the time since I've had the idea(maybe I should send it to Marvel lol), but just saying that the Phoenix transfered Jean's mind to the new cloned body she made(and it went back to the original one in the coccoon when she died) would be enough. It takes away the "Well, that wasn't really Jean!" element that they clearly don't want to exist anymore, but they can continue with the story of how Jean came back with no problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, yeah, but the problem with that, is that if it didn't happened, how did Jean got back later on X-Factor? I think they could just tweak it a bit.

I've been saying that all the time since I've had the idea(maybe I should send it to Marvel lol), but just saying that the Phoenix transfered Jean's mind to the new cloned body she made(and it went back to the original one in the coccoon when she died) would be enough. It takes away the "Well, that wasn't really Jean!" element that they clearly don't want to exist anymore, but they can continue with the story of how Jean came back with no problem.
    I know people go with Morrison's explanation of a phoenix egg which would have been what the cocoon really was. Your explanation works although it doesn't explain Maddie since she was Phoenix reborn.

I know people go with Morrison's explanation of a phoenix egg which would have been what the cocoon really was. Your explanation works although it doesn't explain Maddie since she was Phoenix reborn.
    Oh, that's a good one too. It actually makes the whole "rebirth" thing more real, as they keep saying Jean just "came back to life" after DPS.

About Maddie though: It could just be that she gained the Phoenix memories by mistake(technically that's what already happened), what would explain why Jean didn't remember anything when she woke up.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-20-2017 at 11:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh, that's a good one too. It actually makes the whole "rebirth" thing more real, as they keep saying Jean just "came back to life" after DPS.
    One of the few concepts Morrison made that actually worked imo.

BANNED

It doesnt look attractive to me. But i would have preferred Rogue over Kitty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Kitty's an odd choice because she wasn't even part of the X-Men during the 90s. I think they wanted to end with Days of Future Past and so it had to be either Logan or Kitty and Logan has two prominent costumes whereas Kitty really just has the one.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I have a feeling the retconing will happen.
    Yeah, it's quite possible that they will just rewrite the whole history to make it fit the current direction of the comics, ignoring whatever they don't want anymore.

I ma ready for 90s Gambit. Bring it on!

Interesting concept. Also a good sign that Marvel is letting some writers experiment a bit with the X-men mythos. Could be very interesting. I'll definitely check this out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

https://twitter.com/edpiskor/status/888184947755933696

Idk if this has been posted, but the series isn't a decade per issue. The series is a summarized re-telling of UXM issues 1-280.

It would be nice if this solved the problem with the various copies of alternative realities.

And yes, some things are likely to change to look like movies.

So how much of these books will just be JEAN!!!!!!! written over an over again?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Well if you don't mind an evil adult Storm and a good young Storm running around at the same time along with a reformed Sabretooth, a dead Wolverine, a Kitty with Wolverine claws, a Rogue who looks like Nightcrawler, and a Jean who runs back and forth between Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast for romantic companionship, then I would recommend it to you.

Renew Your Vows is another perfect example of what ought to have been canon. I've been on a bit of a Spidey hype since the new movie and also because I've been reading the classic Lee/Ditko and Stern runs, so I definitely need to check out Renew Your Vows.

Wow, all of those are great choices. I love the idea of a fully explorable X-Mansion. Reminds me of XML1 a little. Hope you make something you are proud of and enjoy!
    Huh, well that's different. Pretty sure at this point I want Jean to pick one guy and stick with him. (Ideally Scott but that's just me.)

And definitely check out both volumes of RYV, it's a great series for anyone who loved the MJ-Peter marriage and wanted it to mature properly, plus Annie is adorably awesome as Spiderling.

Thanks! I am thinking I might try and return to the interactive X-Mansion project actually, the idea was you can check out all the floors and outside and down into the sub basements including the Danger Room, though I wasn't certain whether it would be you as a original character or as Kitty Pryde (so you could phase through the floors) and whether the mansion would be empty or with people in certain (or randomised) areas. But if you have any suggestions feel free to IM me them!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    https://twitter.com/edpiskor/status/888184947755933696

Idk if this has been posted, but the series isn't a decade per issue. The series is a summarized re-telling of UXM issues 1-280.
    That makes more sense. Though given I gather each issue has 40 pages of comic, if he's trying to sum up a story in each issue on one page each, he's going to need an extra issue to get to #280.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Let's just be glad it's not Guggenheim writing this. Cause if it was, the 60's to the 90's would be retconned to make her look good. It'd be revealed, it was actually Kitty who stopped the Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past from occurring lmao.