Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The guy's been thinking and working on this for two years.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So he's gonna summarise each decade in a single issue and to that for every decade?

That's then nothing new really, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    So how much of these books will just be JEAN!!!!!!! written over an over again?
    Hopefully all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So he's gonna summarise each decade in a single issue and to that for every decade?

That's then nothing new really, right?
    Yeah, it's just more nostalgia. Hopefully they'll show something that's actually new.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The guy's been thinking and working on this for two years.
    Independently from what I've read, and then Marvel approached him about officially publishing all of his work.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This concept(just retelling the old stories for a new audience) is a good one. It allows Marvel to get some new profits without giving Fox new stories(since its just a retake on the classics). But in six issues? With this crappy art? Seems like a train-wreck to me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Huh, well that's different. Pretty sure at this point I want Jean to pick one guy and stick with him. (Ideally Scott but that's just me.)

And definitely check out both volumes of RYV, it's a great series for anyone who loved the MJ-Peter marriage and wanted it to mature properly, plus Annie is adorably awesome as Spiderling.

Thanks! I am thinking I might try and return to the interactive X-Mansion project actually, the idea was you can check out all the floors and outside and down into the sub basements including the Danger Room, though I wasn't certain whether it would be you as a original character or as Kitty Pryde (so you could phase through the floors) and whether the mansion would be empty or with people in certain (or randomised) areas. But if you have any suggestions feel free to IM me them!
    Yeah, Jean did not have a good track record there. She was with Scott but secretly cheating on him with Logan. Then Logan dies and Jean dumps Scott. Then suddenly it's revealed that Beast has always loved her and she has feelings for him as well. I think towards the end of the series he dies so Jean is finally single until the last issue where it is implied that she and Scott are together again. My preference is Scott as well. The old Cyclops anyway, not the Skrull imposter who's been impersonating him for the last decade or two.

I definitely will have to check it out! I'm a huge MJ fan and especially a MJ-Peter fan. One More Day to me was as destructive as the butchering of Jott and Scott's character in Morrison's Run. Funny how this was another long-lasting marriage between a redheaded woman and brunette man that was destroyed by Joe Quesada.

The interactive X-Mansion sounds amazing especially if the sub-basements are included. I remember XML1 also gave the player access to the front lawn and the back gardens and pool and tennis courts. I suppose if it was really expansive it could even include the basketball court and X-Jet hangar underneath. I think Kitty would be a great idea because of her phasing ability. I'll be sure to message you if I have more suggestions!

So relying on the past to sell in the future......again............really. Are we not able to make history with Marvel?!?! We have to retell everything.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Love all of those pseudo old-school covers. Will definitely have to keep my eye on this, especially if they'll be retelling some of the All New X-Men stories.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Lol, more blatant nostalgiawank.

The House of "We Got No Ideas, so have rehash and/or fanservice"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    So relying on the past to sell in the future......again............really. Are we not able to make history with Marvel?!?! We have to retell everything.
    Unfortunately, Marvel is damned if they do.

When they try doing something new, people throw a fit because it's not the new THEY wanted. When they do something nostalgic people throw a fit because they're just rehashing the past (or not visiting the past THEY wanted).

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

How about trying something new without overdoing the unecessary changes to all your favorites?

Dc seems to have a brilliant handle on this...

Incredible Member

I'm not excited at all for this...

This is just going to be revisionist crap of X-men history from DisMarvel

Last year Piskor was talking about this project at my local comics festival. Can't wait. One of the few comics worth reading from the big two in the past few years.
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 07-21-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    BB

We don't know completely what it's going to be. I'm hesitant to call it revisionist because it's not out yet. I'm just really glad that there seems to be some interest in the X-Men again from Marvel. Even if maybe it's not what some of us want or what we expected, at least stuff is coming out. I'm going to wait and see what Piksor has planned, this could be something interesting.