Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Doc thinks that the superheroes should go around naked like him and removed their costumes.

BANNED

What's left to say? These prayers ain't working anymore...

Master Hero Vladimir

What is Manhattan's problem, anyway? Is he jealous? Is he doing this out of morbid curiosity? And why is he not wearing any pants!?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    What is Manhattan's problem, anyway? Is he jealous? Is he doing this out of morbid curiosity? And why is he not wearing any pants!?
    he needs to get beat up, once in his life and once and for all... stop all of his cosmic meddling and murder..

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    He was supposedly looking for a world where he belongs with his powers. At least that's what he implied in the last issue. The real question is, why interfere in their history? Why remove the JSA? Unless he was trying to prevent super-heroes from coming about in this world same as he did his own given that it ended so badly?
    Assassinate Putin!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    He was supposedly looking for a world where he belongs with his powers. At least that's what he implied in the last issue. The real question is, why interfere in their history? Why remove the JSA? Unless he was trying to prevent super-heroes from coming about in this world same as he did his own given that it ended so badly?
    Maybe he wanted to delay the age of heroes in hopes that it'd begin in a more stable time period so this world didn't end up like his own?

I feel like if he wanted to outright prevent superheroes from coming about than he wouldn't of stopped with the JSA.

BANNED

From Geoff Johns' panel at NYCC:

-Two covers of the book are shown, one is a Legion flight ring and the other is Manhattan causing all the heroes to vanish
    -Geoff thanks fans for the positive reception
    -Gary Frank is the best artist working today
    -Two Covers are shown for Issue Ten, one featuring Nathaniel Dusk and the other showing Carver Colman reading a copy of All-Star Comics that has Doctor Manhattan on them.

https://www.newsarama.com/42192-nycc...spotlight.html

BANNED

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

(Apologies if what Miles posted was either of these, it's not loading for me)

Doomsday Clock #9:

Doomsday Clock #10, presumably the variant:

The significance of the former to Superman is obviously pretty apparent. The latter is clearly important in the implications to the DCU all on its own...but Superman was on the team at that time if we're going full meta with it the way this appears to, albeit in a reservist capacity. Given Manhattan's interest, that hardly feels unimportant.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Hawkman is trying not to stare Manhattan directly in the knob

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    (Apologies if what Miles posted was either of these, it's not loading for me)
    Sorry about that, my images were of poorer quality anyway

BANNED

I am surprised that they haven't mention nor shown how Doctor Manhattan messed with Superman's past yet.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I am surprised that they haven't mention nor shown how Doctor Manhattan messed with Superman's past yet.
    Seems like they have to soon right? I remember geoff was with tomasi and jurgens when they planned out superman reborn.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Seems like they have to soon right? I remember geoff was with tomasi and jurgens when they planned out superman reborn.
    It will only be addressed if it matters to the story Johns is telling. It certainly doesn't matter to the Superman books anymore.

I think the first issue implied that he killed Ma and Pa Kent.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Based on the solicits, sounds like issue 9 might address this.