Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Not a very healthy sign of stability in the company if they leave their pros in the dark

I wonder if there are some sort of sales forecasts or shipping issues that can influence this stuff. Meaning, they either don't want to possibly cannibalize sales from like HiC or they'd had DC #10 set for March and wanted or needed those sales to hit some benchmark. Having already missed January for #9, and with it pushed back to the final week anyways?

Who knows. It'll end eventually and once its collected no one will care. Sales definitely haven't been hurt, it's doubling HiC last I saw.

Have I made a Duke Nukem Forever joke about this book yet? Or I guess that's kinda old now. Half Life 2: Episode Three would be more apt today, haha.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-14-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Master Hero Vladimir

Do the DC higher-ups have any faith in Doomsday Clock? At this point, it seems like Scott Snyder's Justice League and Heroes in Crisis will have a bigger impact on the DCU than Doomsday Clock. Let me remind everyone on this forum that Superman is supposed to be a major player in Doomsday Clock and if the series suffers another setback, it might affect the stories in the main Superman books, especially since Jor-El is a major player there.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Do the DC higher-ups have any faith in Doomsday Clock? At this point, it seems like Scott Snyder's Justice League and Heroes in Crisis will have a bigger impact on the DCU than Doomsday Clock. Let me remind everyone on this forum that Superman is supposed to be a major player in Doomsday Clock and if the series suffers another setback, it might affect the stories in the main Superman books, especially since Jor-El is a major player there.
    I think the delays are probably blunting it's impact. If it ended when it was supposed to, we'd be a year or more in the post-Rebirth DCU. So I can understand that they've had to downplay it's overall importance. Though I think it's importance was overstated a bit since it was always intended to exist as a companion piece to Watchmen, rather than a true event comic. But Bendis has been aware of its outcome and been careful not to spoil it, so I don't know that it's really going to impact his storylines.

Even then, it's selling double of what HiC and Justice League sell more or less, even with these delays.

Yeah Doomsday Clock is more successful than Heroes in Crisis. HiC looks like it’s going to be a Secret Empire-tier failure for King and DC. Sales are already below 100k last I checked, that is absolutely terrible for an event. DDC is still selling above 100k, it’s just a complete mess to get out on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah Doomsday Clock is more successful than Heroes in Crisis. HiC looks like it’s going to be a Secret Empire-tier failure for King and DC. Sales are already below 100k last I checked, that is absolutely terrible for an event. DDC is still selling above 100k, it’s just a complete mess to get out on time.
    Doomsday Clock outsold HiC by like 40,000 the last time there were numbers for each book available.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Doomsday Clock outsold HiC by like 40,000 the last time there were numbers for each book available.
    Yep like I said, when it actually comes out people buy it. But these delays are inexcusable, someone has ****** up badly. I don’t know if that’s Johns, Frank, editorial or whoever, but these delays are a joke.

BANNED

The critically acclaimed series by the renowned team of visitor Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank marches toward its conclusion. In this penultimate issue, the truth behind ‘Rebirth’ is revealed as Batman searches for the one person he believes can help him save the world Rorschach.

BANNED

A new tease from issue 10

BANNED

Doomsday Clock#10 delayed by one week

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...arch-to-april/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Doomsday Clock#10 delayed by one week

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...arch-to-april/
    Seems optimistic, but maybe they are really trying to get this wrapped up by the summer.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Seems optimistic, but maybe they are really trying to get this wrapped up by the summer.
    Well, yeah. Gotta get it out of the way so fans stop caring about that stupid Rebirth stuff and lame characters like Superman and start caring about the new kewl stuff like Year of Forever Evil Redux and Scott Snyder's Meandering Multiverse Mess starring the Batman who Laughs.

BANNED

I was talking a bit about this on another section of the forum, and thought I might shoot the breeze here

In the latest issue of The Flash, there was an epilogue set in the not too distant future with Batman running down a list of heroes and saying he needed to investigate those he beleived were acting "out of character", and he indicated he knew the person who was causing this kind of behaviour.

Fans forget this, but Geoff's early promotional interviews for Doomsday Clock was to say that readers would be able to tell characters were "off" by the time you reached this event's timeframe.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I was talking a bit about this on another section of the forum, and thought I might shoot the breeze here

In the latest issue of The Flash, there was an epilogue set in the not too distant future with Batman running down a list of heroes and saying he needed to investigate those he beleived were acting "out of character", and he indicated he knew the person who was causing this kind of behaviour.

Fans forget this, but Geoff's early promotional interviews for Doomsday Clock was to say that readers would be able to tell characters were "off" by the time you reached this event's timeframe.
    He also said that those dark turns were supposed to line up so that when Doomsday Clock ended, the main books would have caught up to the beginning and everything would straighten out at the same time. Instead of the line starting to make that kind of turn, we got the wholesale creative changeover. Johns has already changed his work to accommodate the current stuff (as shown by the Sanctuary mention), but there's been no mention of Doomsday Clock threads in any of the current books to show that things are building to tie in.

This Year of the Villain stuff is just starting and is going to stretch well past when Doomsday Clock ends, even with its delays. Could it still line up? Yeah, but it's not how things were supposed to be, and that will hurt both endeavors if the tie is still there. It's either a poorly-executed shift in how DC is handling things or Doomsday Clock is floating on its own.