Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With any luck we have it wrong and Clark's dream of his parents' death isn't trying to not-so-subtly tell us that Manhattan was responsible for it, rather its just his sub-conscious bringing back to mind the greatest tragedy in his life as an omen that something terrible is coming now. But, Johns is rarely subtle. If it comes down to subtle symbolism and something literal and in-your-face, the safer bet is that its the literal and in-your-face.

But again, hopefully he surprises. To me, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt to assume the best. But if he does good despite my low expectations, I will own it. And be glad to.
    at least he ended diana and clark.....so at least thats that

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    He also started that bullshit, in his JL run. And to me, anyone who thought that was a good idea, should never have creative control over either character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    He also started that bullshit, in his JL run. And to me, anyone who thought that was a good idea, should never have creative control over either character.
    And even if he didn't want to do the relationship and was pressured into it, he doubled down on it and wrote rubbish like Trinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    He doesn't really get credit or blame for that depending on where one lands on the idea as a whole. It wasn't his idea, but he'll go down for having started it. And while he ended it, the means for which they ended it (and the incarnation of Superman as a whole) is one of the dumbest stories in Superman's history (at least I believe doing the kill and replace method came from him; if I'm wrong on that I stand corrected).

In any case I'm a believer it worked and produced good stories, just by other writers. And for my money, I'll take a guy like Charles Soule to write Superman again over anyone writing him currently. And he's a fan too.

But I digress, back to Johns, the only decent thing he's ever done within the mythos was Legion, and even that is more of a loose, off-shoot branch of the mythos today. He ALMOST did good by Brainiac. But cocked it up halfway through.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-26-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    But I digress, back to Johns, the only decent thing he's ever done within the mythos was Legion, and even that is more of a loose, off-shoot branch of the mythos today. He ALMOST did good by Brainiac. But cocked it up halfway through.
    What was it about his use of Brainiac that annoyed you? I've never really read that particular story, I know it's the one where Johnathan died but that's about the gist of it.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-27-2017 at 01:58 AM.

He had this awesome design of a black clad, thin, wizend looking being that was just pitch perfect in the opening issues. Something out of The Matrix. Then he came out of his cocoon and turned into a big hulking beast. I mean, the character was still okay but the visual mystique that had been created was gone for a rather generic musclehead look. It was a letdown at the time. Jonathan dying I didn't have much of a problem with. But it was painfully telegraphed from the word go.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

One coculd say his whole justice league run was editorial mandated though from the higher ups at WB for a movie template though(and we just saw the result of that 2 weeks ago.) It didn't seem like he genuinely enjoyed writing that book till Jason Fabok came on as artist and he started planning rebirth, though of course, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    One could say his whole justice league run was editorial mandated though from the higher ups at WB for a movie template though(and we just saw the result of that 2 weeks ago.) It didn't seem like he genuinely enjoyed writing that book till Jason Fabok came on as artist and he started planning rebirth, though of course, I could be wrong.
    Somehow, I'm not sure WB would have been "mandating" all that Geoff Johns did when he relaunched Justice League back in 2011 (about six years ago now) for "a movie template". (Or am I missing something here?)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Somehow, I'm not sure WB would have been "mandating" all that Geoff Johns did when he relaunched Justice League back in 2011 (about six years ago now) for "a movie template". (Or am I missing something here?)
    Nah, the new 52 was discussed in meetins with Didio,Lee,Johns and some execs at WB if I recall. I believe they wanted JL to be more new reader friendly and the first arc clearly was made to be a movie.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't know all the details but apparently the higher ups at WB had a hand in creating the New 52. Had something to do with wanting to compete with the Marvel movies.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Check out the advance reorder list. Not one Marvel book.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...oomsday-clock/

BANNED

WB started this shit.....stay away from my comics!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    What the heck does Sgt. Rock have to do with anything ?

Unless this involves all the time alterations Manhattan has done to the DCU...

BANNED

So Geoff confirmed there's a month long break between Issues Four and Five due to quality control issues

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...gates-batcave/

In the meantime, here's the new Rorsarche in the Batcave