Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman and Dr. Manhattan's puppets in the variant cover of DC #8...

"We're all puppets..."

https://twitter.com/1moregaryfrank/s...16985139236864
    I'm down. Love the cover too.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Superman and Dr. Manhattan's puppets in the variant cover of DC #8...

"We're all puppets..."

https://twitter.com/1moregaryfrank/s...16985139236864
    Cool cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Too little too late to make me care as much as they probably want Superman fans to, but I'm sure the showdown will posted to some degree on the internet so I can check it out there for free.
    Do you really *want* this title to make Superman fans care? I will quite happy if Clark doesn't show up in any Clock issue for more than a single panel.

Clock has been a good read (even if the schedule is ridiculous) and I'm in no rush to see Johns ruin it by including a character he cant write and doesn't understand.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Lol, good point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Johns hate is strong around here.

The Johns hate is strong around here.
    I don't hate Johns at all. I actually enjoy most of his work. I just don't like the way he writes Superman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't hate Johns at all. I actually enjoy most of his work. I just don't like the way he writes Superman.
    I correct myself then: Johns' Superman hate is strong around here.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

The irony with Johns is that he does great with the other Superman toys. He writes Lois, Perry, Jimmy and Lex well. It's Superman himself where either it is meh to painful.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The irony with Johns is that he does great with the other Superman toys. He writes Lois, Perry, Jimmy and Lex well. It's Superman himself where either it is meh to painful.
    Maybe it's my memory, but I don't remember anything particularly negative about Johns' Superman. Perhaps the "orange juice" scene.

Maybe it's my memory, but I don't remember anything particularly negative about Johns' Superman. Perhaps the "orange juice" scene.
    I quite enjoy his Supes but then I enjoy a pretty wide range of interpretations of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I quite enjoy his Supes but then I enjoy a pretty wide range of interpretations of Superman.
    As usual, it's a matter of personal tastes.

As usual, it's a matter of personal tastes.
    Oh, certainly. And I won't begrudge those who enjoy Johns' work on Clark.

For me, and I don't pretend to speak for anyone else (except maybe Sacred Knight, because we share so many opinions lol ) but I find that Johns writes an odd fusion of Donner and post-Crisis that leaves me cold. I think Clark is too nuanced and layered a character for Johns to properly handle; Johns does great with archetypes and Clark is indeed one of the biggest archetypes around.....but he requires a deft hand and Johns is one of the most blunt writers in the industry (which isn't a bad thing, just not a good fit for Clark).

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    He really does! Johns does a fine job with practically everything in Superman's mythos except Superman himself.

Well, I'm not huge on his Lois either, but he doesn't write a *bad* Lois, it's just not among my favorites.

~ Black Panther.

Apologies.

I messed up on this particular post.
    Last edited by Rod G; 08-20-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    Pull List: Currently Empty