Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Brain tumors have been known to alter people's behavior & personalities. How about this? Lex cures his brain cancer. His personality returns to evil. He wonders why Kal's x-ray vision never detected his tumor.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wow, good guess on Lex having brain cancer, super lad. You make some good points on it. So I'm guessing doomsday clock will be the big endgame Johns has planned for Lex since forever evil started.
    Thanks! And yeah, it lines up with the arc he's been building for Lex.

This also plays into the Lex and Lena thing Johns started. I think he's been wanting to play with that idea since Adventure Comics.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Brain tumors have been known to alter people's behavior & personalities. How about this? Lex cures his brain cancer. His personality returns to evil. He wonders why Kal's x-ray vision never detected his tumor.
    That. Is awesome. If this whole time he was genuinely trying to be good because he was technically sick the whole time. Puts a deliciously twisted spin on the whole thing. A sick Lex was actually good for the world. A healthy Lex is your ass. I guess if one actually likes him being a good guy they won't like this idea, as they'll want his face turn to be legitimate. But as one who never bought in, I love the idea.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-29-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Love this idea,and ur last sentence is the thing that will start the ball rolling lol

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Love this idea,and ur last sentence is the thing that will start the ball rolling lol
    Of course, there could be a moment where Lex questions Kal about it. When were you going to tell me about the tumor? Or were you just going to take advantage of my genius until the tumor kills me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That. Is awesome. If this whole time he was genuinely trying to be good because he was technically sick the whole time. Puts a deliciously twisted spin on the whole thing. A sick Lex was actually good for the world. A healthy Lex is your ass. I guess if one actually likes him being a good guy they won't like this idea, as they'll want his face turn to be legitimate. But as one who never bought in, I love the idea.

Also Lex going from evil to good to evil makes more sense this way.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

the DCEU needs to ditch dull and boring darkseid as the thanos style big bad and replace him with geoff johns doctor Manhattan

he is literal perfection as a villian and we have not even read the freaking dialogue yet

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

That's not real is it? I thought Johns said Manhattan and Superman weren't going to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    That's not real is it? I thought Johns said Manhattan and Superman weren't going to fight.
    I think we need more context for what Manhattan is trying to do here.

It looks like he's...transforming Superman?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It looks fan-made. The panels seem to be draw by different artists, not Gary Frank.

BANNED

either way he is a far more inspiring choice for the DC film villians than steppenwolf

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It looks fan-made. The panels seem to be draw by different artists, not Gary Frank.
    Yeah, that last panel is from Camelot Falls, the Superman one before it is from an Ed Benes Superman cover right before Infinite Crisis, and everything with Manhattan is from Before Watchmen.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

It's a well put together fake, at least. Hopefully the real thing has some action. It'd be a shame if the whole thing is philosophical. I mean, I want some of that, but I want some action too. There'd be nothing wrong with the two going physically toe-to-toe for a while, and if they don't it'll be a sign that Johns still doesn't get it with Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El