Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    to be fair, how many times has Lois actually died in canon? There's the new 52 one, aka the Lois Lane nobody cared about. To be blunt, I don't think dc has the balls to actually fridge her. New 52 didn't count, she got written out in favor of a much better liked version. I can see her getting cancer, and I think there is a lot of great drama that can come from that. But even if she does, she'll probably get magically cured or she'd just beat it with chemo or something. And if they were to kill her off, she's not the kind that'd stay that way. She's less "Gwen Stacy" as far as importance to the mythos goes, and more like Gordon or Alfred over at the Batverse. Can't see supporting characters like that be gone for long.
    Oh thank you for that smile. Your post is reassuring. Let us hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Oh thank you for that smile. Your post is reassuring. Let us hope for the best.
    no problem, glad it helps.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    to be fair, how many times has Lois actually died in canon? There's the new 52 one, aka the Lois Lane nobody cared about. To be blunt, I don't think dc has the balls to actually fridge her. New 52 didn't count, she got written out in favor of a much better liked version. I can see her getting cancer, and I think there is a lot of great drama that can come from that. But even if she does, she'll probably get magically cured or she'd just beat it with chemo or something. And if they were to kill her off, she's not the kind that'd stay that way. She's less "Gwen Stacy" as far as importance to the mythos goes, and more like Gordon or Alfred over at the Batverse. Can't see supporting characters like that be gone for long.
    The only major issue with this is that most people have family members who have died from or suffering cancer and it can seem very insensitive to basically milk that thread for narrative and then just say "she got better, though!" The people you love rot when afflicted with cancer and seeking treatment. This is something to tread very carefully with and I don't know that the Super books are the right venue. There was a pretty good story of someone dealing with cancer in 52 with Victor Sage, and it ended to way cancer generally does. Hell, it really pissed off a lot of people when DC pulled Barbara out of the wheelchair, but this would be worse. Moreover, it's just tonally out of place in Superman's world, where hope generally wins out even in a loss. Having Lois develop cancer while Jon is so young may pull on some heartstrings, but I think it's cheap if they keep it going because you can't really kill her with it and revive her later, but a miracle cure is also a pretty bad move. I can see it being used by Manhatten to try and break Superman, and while I'm not fond of that idea (especially since she was just used as leverage in a similar manner by Manchester against Jon), it really should be resolved in Doomsday Clock. I just overall hate the idea of Lois being once again used as a pawn to hurt her boys again.

Overall, and not to put too fine a point on it, killing Lois or giving her cancer is pretty boneheaded. She's just too important a character (as FishyZombie noted with his comparison to Alfred and Gordon) and guaranteed to come back if they do let her have it, so it's going to create more problems than it does stories. Handle this one with other characters or titles.

Back to Doomsday Clock proper, pushing Clark's ideology should be harder than "yo I messed with your family, come at me" because that's really not at all specific to who Superman is. His thematic is more all-encompassing than that and I really doubt a man's love for his wife and son is going to be the thing that rekindles Doctor Manhatten's hope for humanity. We already had an interpersonal relationship sparking his keener interest in humanity from the source material with Comedian-Silk Spectre I. I'm sincerely hoping there's more to Doomsday Clock than that.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-10-2017 at 06:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The only major issue with this is that most people have family members who have died from or suffering cancer and it can seem very insensitive to basically milk that thread for narrative and then just say "she got better, though!"
    Well plenty of paraplegics don't suddenly get up one day and go back to being an acrobatic crime fighter like Barbera ''I should have stayed in the chair'' Gordon, but here we are.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well plenty of paraplegics don't suddenly get up one day and go back to being an acrobatic crime fighter like Barbera ''I should have stayed in the chair'' Gordon, but here we are.
    Hell, it really pissed off a lot of people when DC pulled Barbara out of the wheelchair, but this would be worse.
    I agree, it was stupid.

The only major issue with this is that most people have family members who have died from or suffering cancer and it can seem very insensitive to basically milk that thread for narrative and then just say "she got better, though!" The people you love rot when afflicted with cancer and seeking treatment. This is something to tread very carefully with and I don't know that the Super books are the right venue. There was a pretty good story of someone dealing with cancer in 52 with Victor Sage, and it ended to way cancer generally does. Hell, it really pissed off a lot of people when DC pulled Barbara out of the wheelchair, but this would be worse. Moreover, it's just tonally out of place in Superman's world, where hope generally wins out even in a loss. Having Lois develop cancer while Jon is so young may pull on some heartstrings, but I think it's cheap if they keep it going because you can't really kill her with it and revive her later, but a miracle cure is also a pretty bad move. I can see it being used by Manhatten to try and break Superman, and while I'm not fond of that idea (especially since she was just used as leverage in a similar manner by Manchester against Jon), it really should be resolved in Doomsday Clock. I just overall hate the idea of Lois being once again used as a pawn to hurt her boys again.

Overall, and not to put too fine a point on it, killing Lois or giving her cancer is pretty boneheaded. She's just too important a character (as FishyZombie noted with his comparison to Alfred and Gordon) and guaranteed to come back if they do let her have it, so it's going to create more problems than it does stories. Handle this one with other characters or titles.

Back to Doomsday Clock proper, pushing Clark's ideology should be harder than "yo I messed with your family, come at me" because that's really not at all specific to who Superman is. His thematic is more all-encompassing than that and I really doubt a man's love for his wife and son is going to be the thing that rekindles Doctor Manhatten's hope for humanity. We already had an interpersonal relationship sparking his keener interest in humanity from the source material with Comedian-Silk Spectre I. I'm sincerely hoping there's more to Doomsday Clock than that.
    I agree with you. Cancer is a sensitive topic. You can't just give cancer and take it away by magic. Thor is a good example. Taking treatment and getting cured is more feasible. Unless you....Anyway this is perhaps the biggest story of Superman. This shall be a celebration of him. It shall not use cheap tactics to wring out emotions.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-11-2017 at 08:58 AM.

BANNED

I agree, it was stupid.
    Didn't noticed you already mentioned it, rofl

SPOILERS ..DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT IN INCOGNITO SO DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW..

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...lane-superman/

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    SPOILERS ..DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT IN INCOGNITO SO DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW..

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...lane-superman/
    yeah I'm still not buying into people's logic here. One is from an alternate future story, where apparently pretty much everyone, including Clark himself, is dead in the future. And the other wasn't a glimpse into the future, it was just Superman hallucinating about his fears. We also see a glimpse of Doomsday Superman running around with Batman's spine. Don't think theres a good chance of that happening either.
    Also no offence, but your bold spoiler warning was seriously unnecessary. This was just speculation. I clicked that link thinking I'd see leaked spoilers for Doomsday Clock or Oz Effect or something. This was just clickbait.

[QUOTE= This was just clickbait.[/QUOTE]

How was this 'clickbait' when it tells you who gets cancer?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    How was this 'clickbait' when it tells you who gets cancer?
    It doesn't say Lois gets cancer. It just shows the futures Clark fear the most.
    The article is definitely a clickbait

BANNED

24 hours from, we will finally know who Oz is.

Unless they wait till the next issue to reveal his identity.

BANNED

Courtesy of a massive botch from Diamond today, the December solicitations dropped early. I was too focused on the Marvel ones and by the time I was ready to look at DC, the mistake had been corrected and the solicits pulled. However, Bleeding Cool nabbed the synopsis for Doomsday Clock#2

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #2
    (W) Geoff Johns (A/CA) Gary Frank
    DC and Watchmen characters collide at last! The story that began in DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 comes to a thrilling and unexpected crescendo in the pages of this titanic twelve-issue series by the all-star team that brought you BATMAN: EARTH ONE and SHAZAM!
    In this second chapter: The Dark Knight discovers another relic from the Watchmen world. Lex Luthor pays a devil’s bargain. And killer clowns trek through Gotham seeking a madman.
    RATED T+
    In Shops: Dec 27, 2017
    SRP: $4.99
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...msday-clock-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Courtesy of a massive botch from Diamond today, the December solicitations dropped early. I was too focused on the Marvel ones and by the time I was ready to look at DC, the mistake had been corrected and the solicits pulled. However, Bleeding Cool nabbed the synopsis for Doomsday Clock#2

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...msday-clock-2/
    Guess we're finally seeing some follow-up on the three Jokers.

Yeah, Lex is the one with cancer. Lois fans can rest easy. He's bargaining for a cure.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El