Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

All I can say is that this is comics, you can just wave a magic wand on canon events and cancel them out due to distortions in the space-time continuum whenever you please. Lex won't stay dead or keep having cancer if he actually does get cancer, or anyone else who gets it for that matter. If someone wants an ongoing story with consequences, that's not canon Marvel or DC Comics, that is Star Wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    If someone wants an ongoing story with consequences, that's not canon Marvel or DC Comics, that is Star Wars.
    The franchise that revived Darth Maul for Clone Wars and refused to keep a creator's pet from Clone Wars dead so she could show up in Rebels?

The franchise that wound up reviving Emperor Palpatine and Bobba Fett for a cup of coffee in the 90s?

The franchise that had considered reviving Darth Vader in the earliest drafts of the sequel trilogy?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-07-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The franchise that revived Darth Maul for Clone Wars and refused to keep a creator's pet from Clone Wars dead so she could show up in Rebels?

And Rebels is as relevant as DC Elseworlds, they're all going to die and not be present so there will be no effect on the status quo in A New Hope the movie.

The franchise that wound up reviving Emperor Palpatine and Bobba Fett for a cup of coffee in the 90s?

Palpatine is not present in Episode 7: The Force Awakens, so that is completely irrelevant Star Wars fanfiction.

The franchise that had considered reviving Darth Vader in the earliest drafts of the sequel trilogy?
    Not in the movies, so irrelevant. Also, not being in the final product is also IRRELEVANT. CASE DISMISSED.

EDIT: The novels and the video games, and the animated series were never going to effect the plot outcome in the movies, they were doomed to be Star Wars Elseworlds from the start. Clone Wars and Rebels will never alter the movies in any significant way either.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 09-07-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Not in the movies, so irrelevant. Also, not being in the final product is also IRRELEVANT. CASE DISMISSED.

EDIT: The novels and the video games, and the animated series were never going to effect the plot outcome in the movies, they were doomed to be Star Wars Elseworlds from the start.
    Animated stuff officially counts. And actually did affect the movie, ala Saw Guerra. So those are more official Star Wars than the defenders are in the MCU.
    And I bet it's only a matter of time before somebody brings back Boba.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-07-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Animated stuff officially counts. And actually did affect the movie, ala Saw Guerra. So those are more official Star Wars than the defenders are in the MCU.
    And I bet it's only a matter of time before somebody brings back Boba.
    Boba will only ever show up in an animated series, and he will never show up in a major live action movie episode again; he will predictably die by the end of the animated series. It's safe fanservice, same with Darth Maul, which is dead as far as the theatrical movies go, and won't show up in a major episode in theaters ever again.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 09-07-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Assuming he isn't next in line for a solo movie. $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Assuming he isn't next in line for a solo movie. $$$$$$
    That's either a prequel or he climbed out of the Sarlacc Pitt. Given that Obi-Wan and Han Solo are both prequels, it's most likely a prequel to Boba as well. I would actually be cool with that though. Boba Fett getting his game on as his own Bounty Hunter sounds like an story that could be interesting if handled with the right hands.

BANNED

this cancer **** better not be lois

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Maul wasn't magically revived via some Crisis retcon. He permanently lost his lower half and became a cyborg. Comic books alter continuity in a more magic way than Star Wars, which is devoid of time travel and universe hopping.

Bob and Fetterman didn't die either, he climbed out of the sarlacc after feeding it a grenade and being protected mostly by his armor.

Palpatine as a clone however, is totally retconned by Lucasfilm since 2014. Even that wasn't time travel, just the soulast reincarnated in a new body, or a series of clones. But that was pretty retarded so it's good that the new Lucasfilm retconned Dark Empire.

So basically what is being said is that Doomsday clock can cancel or alter out aspects of continuity. But this shouldn't be a surprise even movie wise considering that Superman travelled back in time and altered it to an extent in his own movie, and it's also happened with other characters and stories in DC Comics as well.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 09-07-2017 at 01:02 PM.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I can see Doc Manhattan giving Lois cancer in his attempts to "fix" Superman, but it being magically hand-waved away whenever Superman convinces Manhattan that hope is worth preserving.
    I see this as likely as well. Only it will, IMO, be for both Luthor and Lois, you know that Clark would care about both, even if Luthor can't be trusted.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Maybe it is both. Superman says he will do anything to cure Lois( does not matter how she got it for this) and Manhattan decides to tinker and experiment, shifting it to Luthor to see how superman deals with the guilt.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

What is with Lois dying? It looks like a manifestation of Superman's fear. Of course he will fear something like this. In JL she is dead in a possible future. If they are really meaning to go ahead one shall be prepared to say goodbye to her forever.

It is my observation that in comics villains rarely stay dead but the girlfriend/wife/love interest unless having superpowers or martial artist stays dead. For instance Green Goblin is alive but Gwen Stacy is dead. Jean Grey or Elektra are with superpowers or fighters so they are brought back to life. These are books where we want to see super powered battles. What can Gwen Stacy do except give a few emotional hugs and be in danger to be saved again and again?

And don't tell me it is an iconic story or helping character development of Spider-Man. The company made Captain America a Nazi. Nothing is sacred.

And people say comics have a bad reputation.

Well, Gwen can get hit in the head and hallucinate Spider-Ham.

Of course that's Spider-Gwen, not the Gwen who died in the 616......

Lois however, is a different matter. She's the second most important character in the Super-mythos. She's been around for nearly 80 years. She's shown up in any larger media show, cartoon, or movie Superman has ever been in. She's a pretty big deal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, Gwen can get hit in the head and hallucinate Spider-Ham.

Of course that's Spider-Gwen, not the Gwen who died in the 616......

Lois however, is a different matter. She's the second most important character in the Super-mythos. She's been around for nearly 80 years. She's shown up in any larger media show, cartoon, or movie Superman has ever been in. She's a pretty big deal.
    I want the big deal to have a longer and happier life. Happier as far as comics goes where she and her family faces life-threatening dangers everyday. There are so many stories to tell with Lois around. A wife of a superhero who does not sit at home to be rescued. But who cracks her knuckles and jumps into fights. Fights beyond her limited abilities and kicks the baddies like it is nothing when occasions call for it. And Superman as a sad sack is bad for my indigestion. Further, Jon loses her mom. I can see some soap or melodrama somewhere else if i want to be sad and depressed. Atleast there are no magical beings who can cure cancer while the main characters are dying.

Sorry i am a bit angry. I am not shouting at you or anyone. But this direction does not appeal to me. DC makes me love Lois and then lets her die. If Lois dies let her die after sometime five years or ten years later when Jon is a grown up. I can have more stories of her. Then I have DC One Million to get my happy ending. But right now when Jon is a ten year old kid. This is excessive.

Well Spider-Gwen is an alternate world story. It does not affect the main title. And she is super powered. My point stands that ordinary women have been mistreated over the years. Superman has lost his world. Now he will lose it again. I will have to wait to see Lois till the next relaunch or reboot. Who wants another reboot?

Of course they will not do it. This is a much bigger story. There is a requirement to clear continuity. There are themes like world divided into sides who won't come together. This is a celebration of DC as it is from Action Comics #1 till now. A way to reconcile the grittiness of Watchmen and the optimism and heroism of DC. These are big themes and one must give credit to Johns to be brave enough to try something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    What is with Lois dying? It looks like a manifestation of Superman's fear. Of course he will fear something like this. In JL she is dead in a possible future. If they are really meaning to go ahead one shall be prepared to say goodbye to her forever.

It is my observation that in comics villains rarely stay dead but the girlfriend/wife/love interest unless having superpowers or martial artist stays dead. For instance Green Goblin is alive but Gwen Stacy is dead. Jean Grey or Elektra are with superpowers or fighters so they are brought back to life. These are books where we want to see super powered battles. What can Gwen Stacy do except give a few emotional hugs and be in danger to be saved again and again?

And don't tell me it is an iconic story or helping character development of Spider-Man. The company made Captain America a Nazi. Nothing is sacred.

And people say comics have a bad reputation.
    to be fair, how many times has Lois actually died in canon? There's the new 52 one, aka the Lois Lane nobody cared about. To be blunt, I don't think dc has the balls to actually fridge her. New 52 didn't count, she got written out in favor of a much better liked version. I can see her getting cancer, and I think there is a lot of great drama that can come from that. But even if she does, she'll probably get magically cured or she'd just beat it with chemo or something. And if they were to kill her off, she's not the kind that'd stay that way. She's less "Gwen Stacy" as far as importance to the mythos goes, and more like Gordon or Alfred over at the Batverse. Can't see supporting characters like that be gone for long.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-07-2017 at 09:23 PM.