Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, Lex is the one with cancer. Lois fans can rest easy. He's bargaining for a cure.
    Yeah, that's good to hear...though I still don't quite think that's the end of it.

Yeah, Lex is the one with cancer. Lois fans can rest easy. He's bargaining for a cure.
    Lois is OK i am OK.

It is a bit sad. I wanted more of hero Luthor. I guess he is turning back to villainy.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Covers for Doomsday Clock #2:

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

Cool covers.

Sweet, that's totally ozymandias's wrist on Lex's shoulder!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I like that Lex cover, but methinks the artist tried to imagine what Hackman Lex's wardrobe would be in 2017.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

He has been dressing a bit more flamboyantly lately
    IMG_0247.jpg

Lex with cancer? I think that I heard this previosly, something of the old continuity...

APOKOLIPS ARMOR FAULT? One simple human with something that only Superhumans can wear without problem..

TIME TO RETURN TO THE EVIL SIDE.. The button is here:

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

Last edited by adrikito; 09-18-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well it was nice reading stories with good Lex

It was meh. It had a few good moments but in the end you never take away a superhero's arch-nemesis. Lex Luthor is evil at his core.

Now, I would love to see this tried again on a Superman villain who wasn't as key to Superman's mythos in a villainous role as Lex is. I still say do this with Kenny Braverman. Reveal in this continuity he didn't die, he was simply imprisoned. Found peace and enlightenment while incarcerated and eventually is released for comic book reasons and tries to atone for past crimes by doing good deeds as Conduit. He could be a good Azrael-like character for Superman.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-18-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Lex meeting Ozymandias is cool and all, but the REAL secret of the cover is that that glass is full of piss.
    Buh-bye

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

Yeah, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm not ready for Lex to turn heel again. Part of me hopes that by the end of Doomsday Clock he survives the temptation and chooses the side of the angels, which will represent the ultimate victory of Superman's philosophy over the nihilism of Watchmen. Lex being a heroic figure who constantly stumbles but ultimate catches himself has been one of the most delightful aspects of the Rebirth era.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Lex with cancer? I think that I heard this previosly, something of the old continuity...

APOKOLIPS ARMOR FAULT? One simple human with something that only Superhumans can wear without problem..

TIME TO RETURN TO THE EVIL SIDE.. The button is here:
    Its based on stuff revealed at SDCC. At the panel Johns revealed a panel of an x-ray of a human skull showing a tumor, with Johns saying someone is sick in the story. As time has gone on Lex has become the favorite candidate to be that character. Lois was (I guess still technically is, its just unlikely) a candidate, but Lex making deals with devils suggests he's desperate. And being seriously ill is a good enough reason, and a better one than most, to be desperate.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Superman View Post
    Part of me hopes that by the end of Doomsday Clock he survives the temptation and chooses the side of the angels, which will represent the ultimate victory of Superman's philosophy over the nihilism of Watchmen.
    I think that'd more represent the ultimate victory of silly over comic books. You can't sacrifice archvillain Lex to conquer something as relatively petty (IMHO) as 80s Watchmen's philosophy. If nihilism lost or is a loser, it lost in 1938, not in Doomsday Clock.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-18-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Lex meeting Ozymandias is cool and all, but the REAL secret of the cover is that that glass is full of piss.
    It's granny's peach tea!
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.