Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    It's completely unclear to me if Clark remembers being in the Legion or not. My guess is "no," but I vaguely remember something he said in a SUPERGIRL issue that made me think otherwise.

Wouldn't he have his Legion ring stored somewhere in the Fortress? Did he forget where it is?
    I believe Superman is currently suffering from Plot Induced Amnesia on a variety of different subjects at the moment

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's completely unclear to me if Clark remembers being in the Legion or not. My guess is "no," but I vaguely remember something he said in a SUPERGIRL issue that made me think otherwise.

Wouldn't he have his Legion ring stored somewhere in the Fortress? Did he forget where it is?
    Well, if secret origin is canon, he should at least know of them.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Don't really have a reason to think he doesn't know the Legion and he wasn't "Superboy" as a 15 year old like SO. And Jurgens has Superman specifically mention the Legion to Jon in the arc where Lois goes back to the Planet.

I wonder how Johns is planing on reintroducing the Legion in a story like this. I mean, the JSA is relatively simple given that they have a Watchmen parallel, and Johns is using Thunder the way he is. However, the Legion seems like it'd be something closer to the end of the book. But given that we end off issue 3 at the place Saturn Girl was last seen, I can't help but wonder if we'll start towards the Legion within the next two issues or so.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I just thought it was weird to slam the watchmen into the DC universe and write a standalone, but it seems pretty cool.
    I hate scott summers

BANNED

Rich's sources are telling him there is no long-term planning going on to tie in to Doomsday Clock, either before it happens or after it ends. Geoff is keeping everything so close to his chest nobody knows where it's supposed to be going

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...ock-dc-comics/

This story has no right to have any strong repercussions coming out of it for the DCU at large if that's the way he wants to play it. If it doesn't, this is fine. If not, its a massive display of ego that flies in the face of his peers by hindering proper planning. And the latter seems more likely because what Johns' has not had wide-sweeping consequences before?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This story has no right to have any strong repercussions coming out of it for the DCU at large if that's the way he wants to play it. If it doesn't, this is fine. If not, its a massive display of ego that flies in the face of his peers by hindering proper planning. And the latter seems more likely because what Johns' has not had wide-sweeping consequences before?
    To be honest, I largely doubt it's going anywhere. It seems very much just a chance to rewrite WATCHMEN.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The real question is if Johns knows where Doomsday Clock is supposed to be going.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

My guess is that we'll get one significant change as a result of DOOMSDAY CLOCK:

Clark remembers that his parents did NOT die on the day of his high schools prom. Pa Kent died of a heart attack, as we saw in ACTION COMICS years ago; Ma Kent died later, but we never saw it. Both are still dead, but Lois and Jon both knew them -- Jon even stayed at the Kent farm from time to time. And of course the Kent family misses them and visits their graves once a year or so.

I don't see why anyone would object to this, as Ma and Pa wouldn't be revived. Including either or both of them in the current Superman titles would make for too large a supporting cast.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

My guess is that we'll get one significant change as a result of DOOMSDAY CLOCK:

Clark remembers that his parents did NOT die on the day of his high schools prom. Pa Kent died of a heart attack, as we saw in ACTION COMICS years ago; Ma Kent died later, but we never saw it. Both are still dead, but Lois and Jon both knew them -- Jon even stayed at the Kent farm from time to time. And of course the Kent family misses them and visits their graves once a year or so.

I don't see why anyone would object to this, as Ma and Pa wouldn't be revived. Including either or both of them in the current Superman titles would make for too large a supporting cast.
    Eh, I think they should just bring them back at the end. Doing small continuity changes like that is the same problems we've had with superman's continuity already, it just makes his origin even more convoluted.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Eh, I think they should just bring them back at the end. Doing small continuity changes like that is the same problems we've had with superman's continuity already, it just makes his origin even more convoluted.
    Bad idea, in my opinion. Even if only Martha comes back, the question arises "where has she been all this time?" And "she died but came back because Dr. Manhattan is basically God" is a very unsatisfactory answer. And as far as making Clark's back-story more convoluted -- it just brings it back to where it was pre-New 52 reboot. Everything else seems to back as it was -- even if Clark doesn't remember his Superboy "career," we can be sure it happened because Saturn Girl is stuck in the 21st century, and nobody wants to do yet another Legion reboot.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Bad idea, in my opinion. Even if only Martha comes back, the question arises "where has she been all this time?" And "she died but came back because Dr. Manhattan is basically God" is a very unsatisfactory answer. And as far as making Clark's back-story more convoluted -- it just brings it back to where it was pre-New 52 reboot. Everything else seems to back as it was -- even if Clark doesn't remember his Superboy "career," we can be sure it happened because Saturn Girl is stuck in the 21st century, and nobody wants to do yet another Legion reboot.
    Yeah, I think bringing the Kents back yet again would lead to even more headaches. Doing it once was interesting, but once they were dead again, they've got to stay dead, otherwise it cheapens them. I'm glad their resurrection and deaths are a part of Doomsday Clock though.

They should just leave it alone. The Kents died a long time ago, and unfortunately Lois and Jon never knew them. Its sad, but they live on through Clark and the man they helped him become. Its not dark either, its just life. Not everything has to work out perfectly. Going through all the trouble just to make sure Jon knew at least one of them is a headache and not worth it. Jumping through hoops to make someone's past better is just as problematic as jumping through hoops to make it darker, imo.

That's what they should do. What they will do of course, is another matter. I was convinced their post-Crisis history would be restored in Doomsday Clock at first. But the situation has changed pretty drastically for Superman between now and three months ago.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-16-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They should just leave it alone. The Kents died a long time ago, and unfortunately Lois and Jon never knew them. Its sad, but they live on through Clark and the man they helped him become. Its not dark either, its just life. Not everything has to work out perfectly. Going through all the trouble just to make sure Jon knew at least one of them is a headache and not worth it. Jumping through hoops to make someone's past better is just as problematic as jumping through hoops to make it darker, imo.

That's what they should do. What they will do of course, is another matter. I was convinced their post-Crisis history would be restored in Doomsday Clock at first. But the situation has changed pretty drastically for Superman between now and three months ago.
    Well, Bendis says there will be a couple big bombshells dropped in the ACTION #1000 story and the other prelude in DC Nation. Perhaps one of those is in relation to the Kent's fates in the post Rebirth/ Metal continuity?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Could be. I've thought as that as well. Since he's never worked on the character before though, any whim he might have is a completely unknown factor that I can't generate a guess on. I mean, based on genuine hints from him I'd imagine the first bombshell has to be a revelation about Krypton's destruction. The second I think is completely up in the air.