Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

That page above with Lois and Clark reacting to that one Firestorm villain seizing power is the bulk of Clark's involvement in the issue; Lois references Perry being Jon's godfather, reaffirming for the 8th or 9th time that no, Bendis isn't killing off either of them. Clark is, however, seen for a couple panels as Superman in orbit later, listening in spoilers:
    as Lois interviews Lex, and learns that according to Luthor, America has been creating superhumans with the aid of someone who was at some point in the Justice League.
    end of spoilers

Aside from his physical presence, there's another mention that to the public at large, with all the chaos around superhumans given the Supermen Theory, Superman himself is the one figure still widely trusted and believed in (which seems, to me at least, to be more and more clearly setting up the faux-reveal that he's Dr. Manhattan). It almost feels like rather than simply not prioritizing him properly, Superman's being deliberately kept off-screen but significant in the same way as Manhattan as a 'larger' figure than the mostly human ground-scale struggle we've been seeing so far between the Watchmen characters, Batman, or the international superhero drama playing out in the background.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 05-30-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    Buh-bye

Put that way, even I will have to admit that, for the completed story, Johns' original bluster about Superman in this story may turn out to be founded to some degree. I still don't think any of this is worth the ridiculous wait, and I still don't want any of this interfering with Bendis's run, but I can at least admit that much.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

A new interview with Johns seems to suggest Superman will finally be coming into center frame, with Superman being the one metahuman allowed to cross international borders in the wake of the global isolationist fallout of the Superman Theory, and Lois and Clark investigating its origins.
    Buh-bye

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Thanks for the link!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Doomsday Clock is so strange for me. I simultaneously feel like it's one of the best comics I've personally read in like 10 years, and also that it's comically pretentious. But gotta say, this hits all my personal buttons when it comes to these sorts of events. I love the world building/texturing on display here. I'm a sucker for funny books that tell me what made up shows that their made up characters watch. I'm super guilty of enjoying the hell out of when comic books talk about their super specific and super made up sociopolitical/geopolitical structure. That 'Superman Theory' stuff? I eat that sh!t up like candy, fam. Straight fiend for it.

In regards to Dispenser of Truth's link: god help, I really dug what was said. Some of it smacks of the pretentious musings of a 15 year old who just had the totally original idea of "gee, Joker is still killing people. How effective is Batman? *GASP* how effective are any of the heroes?!" It's like, congratulations on graduating to pull-ups, bruh lol That said, I really dug how Johns contrives the fake news of super heroes and super villains playing out their war games as an elaborate training program. That's freakin bonkers, and I kind of love it.

Really digging what Johns is setting up with Superman and Manhattan so far. Like the stuff about Superman being welcomed everywhere. And boy-o-boy do I love the idea of Lois and Clark being the ones to tackle this mystery. Between the art and the way Johns is writing this, it feels like a 12 episode HBO limited series that's here to tide us over till the next Game of Thrones is made. And you know what? I dig it.

Issue 4 was still weak af, and probably the best argument against the whole book.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Doomsday Clock is so strange for me. I simultaneously feel like it's one of the best comics I've personally read in like 10 years, and also that it's comically pretentious.
    This was my exact feeling when I first read Watchmen all those years ago

"Man, Alan Moore is a fantastic writer! And, boy, he must be insufferable to be around!"

BANNED

I like the idea of Lois, Lex and Superman all working together in cracking the Superman Theory. Johns interview about the story indicates Lois and Clark will have to come to a decision together about what to do with the information once the truth comes up, which could lead to some powerful discussions between them on their journalistic integrity and philosophies.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-03-2018 at 01:38 AM.

BANNED

Looks like the Justice Society, Shazam and the Legion may not necessarily be slaves to Doomsday Clock's scheduling much longer. At the DC writer's summit this weekend, a deadline has been given as to when creators can start using the characters.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...-has-finished/

With this news I'm expecting Bendis to be given the greenlight on using the Legion in Superman, if he hadn't been given it already by Didio in anticipation of this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Looks like the Justice Society, Shazam and the Legion may not necessarily be slaves to Doomsday Clock's scheduling much longer. At the DC writer's summit this weekend, a deadline has been given as to when creators can start using the characters.

tom king nor scott snyder is in LA currently, so I can't imagine how important of a summit it is without either of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

A creative deadline for specific character use? That just sounds so weird .

Although maybe that deadline coincides with when they return in Doomsday Clock.

I'm guessing Shazam's deadline is when Johns and Frank's new run starts.

BANNED

Covers for Doomsday Clock#7

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman and Dr. Manhattan's puppets in the variant cover of DC #8...

"We're all puppets..."

https://twitter.com/1moregaryfrank/s...16985139236864

BANNED

And the main cover

Too little too late to make me care as much as they probably want Superman fans to, but I'm sure the showdown will posted to some degree on the internet so I can check it out there for free.