Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Doomsday Clock#8 has slipped a week, it will now be available on December 5th

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/doom...omsday-clock-8

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Doomsday Clock#8 has slipped a week, it will now be available on December 5th

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/doom...omsday-clock-8
    They should take as much time as they need as long as the quality stays high. This is not the kind of story that should be rushed.

That said....dammit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    They should take as much time as they need as long as the quality stays high. This is not the kind of story that should be rushed.

That said....dammit.
    Could be worse, Bleeding Cool are saying it's been delayed two weeks, but I'm going with what the official sources say presently.

Master Hero Vladimir

That said....dammit.
    Has the modified release schedule hurt the story's pacing? I know that a story with such an enormous significance to the DCU shouldn't be rushed but fans don't take it kindly to delays.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Has the modified release schedule hurt the story's pacing? I know that a story with such an enormous significance to the DCU shouldn't be rushed but fans don't take it kindly to delays.
    Not sure it hurt the pacing, since it is glacial anyway. But I strongly suspect that whatever its intended impact of the DCU is dropping the longer everyone else is asked to pad the events in their own books until it finishes.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Not sure it hurt the pacing, since it is glacial anyway. But I strongly suspect that whatever its intended impact of the DCU is dropping the longer everyone else is asked to pad the events in their own books until it finishes.
    Forever Evil and the Marvel events of these last few years had the same problem. That's why I'm worried about the impact Doomsday Clock will have on Superman, who is supposed to be a major player in this event.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

At DC's last big creative summit, Johns hashed out exactly how Doomsday Clock is going to play out with King, Snyder & Bendis so everyone is on the same page. While writers are clearly dancing around what is or isn't in continuity at times, it's pretty clear that the only real sticking points were when the JSA and LSH can be used again and how explicitly the New Teen Titans and Young Justice histories could be referenced again.

In regards to the JSA & LSH, a specific date was given for those characters to return, irregardless of when Doomsday Clock finishes. The New Teen Titans are already back in continuity following the cosmic hiccup that occurred during Metal, but DC is just not calling a lot of attention to it yet. And Bendis is about to bring back Young Justice in a couple months.

As for Superman, Bendis is the one manning the ship now and DC is not going to let Johns override him.

At DC's last big creative summit, Johns hashed out exactly how Doomsday Clock is going to play out with King, Snyder & Bendis so everyone is on the same page. While writers are clearly dancing around what is or isn't in continuity at times, it's pretty clear that the only real sticking points were when the JSA and LSH can be used again and how explicitly the New Teen Titans and Young Justice histories could be referenced again.

In regards to the JSA & LSH, a specific date was given for those characters to return, irregardless of when Doomsday Clock finishes. The New Teen Titans are already back in continuity following the cosmic hiccup that occurred during Metal, but DC is just not calling a lot of attention to it yet. And Bendis is about to bring back Young Justice in a couple months.

As for Superman, Bendis is the one manning the ship now and DC is not going to let Johns override him.
    I'm going to keep pushing my theory that Doomsday Clock precedes Bendis's run. Bendis has said he's being extremely careful not to spoil what Johns is doing in Doomsday Clock. Which wouldn't be a concern if it wasn't set post-DC. He has also said that certain elements of his story will click with fans after Doomsday Clock, but he won't say which characters. Jor El's status quo only makes sense post-DC because he was taken by Manhattan. Lois's status quo in DC and HiC makes sense if it's set pre-DC as well. She's at the Planet and there's no indication of the new status quo yet.

The one thing fans have clung to, besides the shorts, is that there was a sticky note in Action 1002's title page about the Superman Theory. But in the latest Word Balloon interview Bendis said there are things in those that are deliberately misleading, and that one of the misleading ones is something fans have latched onto.

Literally the only continuity error that would occur if Man of Steel was post-DC is the trunks, but Riddler's costume in DC is already wrong as it doesn't match Snyder's or King's version of the Riddler at all. It's the Batman 66 version more or less. The trunks are a small error to handwave away.

Additionally, the costume Lois apparently takes with her is the Rebirth costume, not the Reborn costume.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-22-2018 at 09:26 PM.

BANNED

Doomsday Clock#8 has apparently leaked early on a Russian paysite due to it's inclusion of spoilers:
    a depiction of Vladimir Putin
    end of spoilers

I read the description from someone over on TVTropes who had it but it was written in very broken grammar so I'll do my best to describe it here, the issue deals with spoilers:
    An attack on the Russian square by Firestorm. Superman tries to help but the Russians begin to attack and destroy the glass statues. Firestorm has a severe break down but Batman intervenes saying it isn't Firestorm, and he then explodes into blue and white light
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Doomsday Clock#8 has apparently leaked early on a Russian paysite due to it's inclusion of spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I read the description from someone over on TVTropes who had it but it was written in very broken grammar so I'll do my best to describe it here, the issue deals with spoilers:
    An attack on the Russian square by Firestorm. Superman tries to help but the Russians begin to attack and destroy the glass statues. Firestorm has a severe break down but Batman intervenes saying it isn't Firestorm, and he then explodes into blue and white light
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    the entire issue leaked on 4chan now, my favorite yet since the focus is entirely on clark and lois for once.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I think whatever long-term impact it was supposed to have disappeared when Johns resigned as Chief Creative Officer, DiDio and Lee took control again, and the big creative team shake-up happened. The only two books still on their Rebirth path are Batman and Flash, not coincidentally the ones that didn't change writers or have massive changes to the book's scenario (like Titans). And even then, stuff like Heroes in Crisis (barf) is influencing those two books as well.

Everything now is geared towards whatever Scott Snyder is trying to set up.

end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Lois also gets a newsreel of the JSA on a USB drive in that envelope that was mailed to her. It's basically an issue of Superman the amount of Lois and Superman in it.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    spoilers:
    Lois also gets a newsreel of the JSA on a USB drive in that envelope that was mailed to her. It's basically an issue of Superman the amount of Lois and Superman in it.
    end of spoilers
    Just finished reading it

spoilers:
    REALLY hope Lois doesn't turn on Clark because of how the Russian media are portraying his actions
    end of spoilers

Just finished reading it

spoilers:
    REALLY hope Lois doesn't turn on Clark because of how the Russian media are portraying his actions
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt it, if anything it will redouble her efforts to prove this is all a hoax or plot against him. I recall them saying that Lois would play a big roll in figuring out the mystery, so I expect she will.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Just finished reading it

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would think Lois knows better than that. Why would she doubt him on hearsay?
    end of spoilers