Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    At this rate, the series will end in Autumn.

I'm not really clear on the comic production process. I know writers can write a script months in advance, like Bendis seems to be something like 8 months out with his Superman books, but why would a book like this keep slipping this close to release. Is it just not ready or could they actually still be tweaking things in the art and script at this point?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm not really clear on the comic production process. I know writers can write a script months in advance, like Bendis seems to be something like 8 months out with his Superman books, but why would a book like this keep slipping this close to release. Is it just not ready or could they actually still be tweaking things in the art and script at this point?
    Gary Frank is taking his time

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Is it just not ready or could they actually still be tweaking things in the art and script at this point?
    While I'm sure that the lion's share of the reasoning behind any delay is just that Frank and Johns want this book to look breath taking every issue (and it has), I guess it's now an honest to goodness possibility that Frank is tweaking cosmetic things like Jon's look (maybe even adding in small nods like the Sanctuary comments a few issues ago). I doubt the boy has any sort of actual role in the story, but a cameo is totally possible. Johns and Frank didn't seem to know they were allowed the classic suit back based on the one of the covers.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    While I'm sure that the lion's share of the reasoning behind any delay is just that Frank and Johns want this book to look breath taking every issue (and it has), I guess it's now an honest to goodness possibility that Frank is tweaking cosmetic things like Jon's look (maybe even adding in small nods like the Sanctuary comments a few issues ago). I doubt the boy has any sort of actual role in the story, but a cameo is totally possible. Johns and Frank didn't seem to know they were allowed the classic suit back based on the one of the covers.
    After I posted that he actually tweeted out a partial page that got cut in a draft that was penciled and inked. His subsequent tweets confirm they are still tweaking things as they go.

https://twitter.com/1moreGaryFrank/s...96087009234945

BANNED

After I posted that he actually tweeted out a partial page that got cut in a draft that was penciled and inked. His subsequent tweets confirm they are still tweaking things as they go.

That's interesting, shame it was cut, I like looking into the ways with how Lois is coping with Clark's situation.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-24-2019 at 11:44 AM.

That's interesting, shame it was cut, I like looking into the ways with how Lois is coping with Clark's situation.
    It's only 6 panels of a clear 9 panel page. So I would think they probably kept some of the scene in and maybe took it in another direction unless the rest are spoilers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yeah, makes sense. While this is in fact intended to be an evergreen book, it's still intended to be in continuity.

Interesting that it's a Superman related scene that was cut/changed.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Where Jon Kent at?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Where Jon Kent at?
    He's only been referenced once in this entire series.

He's only been referenced once in this entire series.
    I know. Lois and Clark have been in every issue I think and Jon barely gets a reference. You would think he would get a cameo somewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I know. Lois and Clark have been in every issue I think and Jon barely gets a reference. You would think he would get a cameo somewhere.
    Actually, Issue 8 was the most we've seen of Lois and Clark all series.

Yeah for what was billed initially as a Superman event he was in like 10 pages in the first 7 issues.

Actually, Issue 8 was the most we've seen of Lois and Clark all series.
    Your right. Just looked through the issues. It been a while since I read the issues.