Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah for what was billed initially as a Superman event he was in like 10 pages in the first 7 issues.
    I hope we're not losing too much of the Superman plot with these tweeks, I'm worried a lot with Lois might be left on the cutting room floor because Bendis is so involved with her direction.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I hope we're not losing too much of the Superman plot with these tweeks, I'm worried a lot with Lois might be left on the cutting room floor because Bendis is so involved with her direction.
    I doubt it. I'd wager it's more about aesthetic changes and some references in the script (like with what Doomsday Clock did with Heroes In Crisis). I doubt that Johns script would be changed any more than that (notice how Lois is still at the Daily Planet and living with Clark), but that would mean that Frank would have to redraw whole scenes.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I doubt it. I'd wager it's more about aesthetic changes and some references in the script (like with what Doomsday Clock did with Heroes In Crisis). I doubt that Johns script would be changed any more than that (notice how Lois is still at the Daily Planet and living with Clark), but that would mean that Frank would have to redraw whole scenes.
    Lois is back at the Planet and living with Clark in Heroes In Crisis too...which makes me wonder where the hell that takes place.

I don't think so. The last issue set things up for both to be central to the story going forward and Johns has said in the past Lois would be involved in the mystery being uncovered. Whatever Bendis' direction with Lois & Clark is, it would have been known long before issue 8 was released. Like I said earlier, Bendis was writing like 8 months or so out a while back. He wrote Action 1004 in February and was scripting the Leviathan event in October. There's even a Time Magazine video piece of him where you can see him writing the script for Action Comics 1006 in June. So Frank's inclusion of Lois' wedding ring in the big panel of her receiving the JSA tape is something they could have easily tweaked and would have known needed to be tweaked long before that issue was released if Bendis' plans ran up against that.

And of course, one of these issues my Doomsday Clock/Man of Steel theory will be confirmed.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-24-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Lois is back at the Planet and living with Clark in Heroes In Crisis too...which makes me wonder where the hell that takes place.
    It takes place during the current run of comics before Doomsday Clock...technically. Other books like Green Arrow, Flash, and Batman are being affected by it currently.

I imagine the Lois plot point was already drawn and far too big (it's one of THE major plot points of the book so far) a part of the story to be changed. So, either ignore it as a small flub or fit it into continuity as you like.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

It's possible, but not likely, that Lois ends up back at the Planet in the next issue of Action Comics. She's obviously a main part of the Leviathan Rises story and her and Clark Kent (not Superman) go undercover together there. That implies that she's back at the Planet. If her book has nothing to do with Leviathan, and I strongly think that it does not, there's little reason for her to be involved. I think it's likely that she's pulled back into the narrative and by extension the drama with the Daily Planet/Invisible Mafia this way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It takes place during the current run of comics before Doomsday Clock...technically. Other books like Green Arrow, Flash, and Batman are being affected by it currently.
    Could just be those titles are set a little in the future too.

I think King has confirmed that HiC takes place before Dick gets shot in Batman. So Batman has technically jumped over HiC already.

I don't think it's really necessary to any of the stories. Just about the only certain thing we are required to know is that Doomsday Clock is a year in the future, and even that is mainly just to keep the book relatively evergreen.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-24-2019 at 02:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think King has confirmed that HiC takes place before Dick gets shot in Batman. So Batman has technically jumped over HiC already.
    Fair enough, I'm only following HIC for the Flash and Clark/Lois developments so I haven't been following much else going on in other books.

https://insidepulse.com/wp-content/u...3593966446.jpg

Hopefully the link can be shown. I noticed at the end of Doomsday Clock #8 had the date of June 2019.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 01-24-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Maybe you should take a look at this.

In other news, Doomsday Clock #9 has been pushed back... again. At this point, it feels as if Scott Snyder's Justice League and Heroes in Crisis will have a bigger impact on the DC Universe than Doomsday Clock.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    In other news, Doomsday Clock #9 has been pushed back... again..
    Another delay.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...msday-clock-9/

By the time Doomsday Clock#9 reaches stands it'll be Wrestlemania 48

BANNED

Just heard there's been another delay. Now due March 6th

Geez, if this keeps up it pushes #10 back to May, then #11 July and #12 September. Or even later. I remember when they announced it was going bimonthly they said they hoped to get back to monthly at some point, now we are looking at it being quarterly almost.

According to Frank it’s not on his end

A83B7EDE-2916-444E-887C-6B272DE27436.jpg

Maybe they didn’t want it to hit the same week as HiC? Or want the sales in March?
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-14-2019 at 06:39 AM.