Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Anyone know of Vladimir Putin appears in #9 so it'll get leaked a week early again?

BANNED

Ahead of next week's release of Issue 9, Newsarama have a new article up on DC's apparent path to the future established in Doomsday Clock. It finds time to talk about Lois' involvement in Heroes In Crisis as well as Lex's role in Justice League.

Yoda, care to put this in the context of your own "post-clock" theory?

https://www.newsarama.com/44131-is-t...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ahead of next week's release of Issue 9, Newsarama have a new article up on DC's apparent path to the future established in Doomsday Clock. It finds time to talk about Lois' involvement in Heroes In Crisis as well as Lex's role in Justice League.

Yoda, care to put this in the context of your own "post-clock" theory?

https://www.newsarama.com/44131-is-t...beginning.html
    I think it the Lex stuff is kind of a wash in terms of working for or against the theory. The events of Doomsday Clock could serve to feed into Lex's new goals in Justice League if that occurs post-Doomsday Clock.

I think the Lois stuff actually is more support for my theory. Heroes in Crisis #4-5 predates Doomsday Clock #6. That's confirmed. And Lois' role at the Daily Planet could remain constant through the end of Doomsday Clock leading into Man of Steel.

I suppose that Leviathan could lead to the disclosure of the Superman Theory. With all the organizations toppled that could feed into it. Sam likely will survive Leviathan and he could be in position to appear in Doomsday Clock. But I have not seen anything close to definitive yet. It's all vague enough to keep it from being a direct spoiler. Lois is back at the Daily Planet, her comment about sharing a byline with Clark and her comment about her office support that. But she also says that Perry called her in because he's worried about Jimmy. So it can be read as both I think. Plus, the events of Leviathan, Sam Lane going missing, the destruction of the DEO and other agencies. None of that seems to be reflected in Doomsday Clock.

Batman has definitely been set before Doomsday Clock. I believe Tom King confirmed that HiC is set right before Dick gets shot in Batman. I still think it's likely that Man of Steel and maybe even Justice League, are set afterwards.

BANNED

The only other bit of new art teased by Gary lately was a cameo from Big Barda.

Ah well, the delays are finally over for another issue, so we'll see how Clark copes with the world losing faith even in him and how Lois is busy dealing with that and her own investigation. Still a bit nervous what will become of her and Clark in this series, since it's due to end just as her solo book is coming out.

BANNED

Doomsday Clock#9 preview pages

https://imgur.com/a/49xo7j6

So, let's see...

-Babs changes outfits again
    -Dick is Nightwing
    -Ollie and Dinah are still together
    -Arthur and Mera are together

Yoda, your theories are looking more and more sound.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-05-2019 at 02:55 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That preview actually makes me lean more towards Doomsday Clock being ahead of all the books still. But maybe that's just me. I just just about the only thing that would settle it would be seeing 17 year old Jon in a shot.

In any event, I'm so very down for this issue just off this preview. I love these scenes where we just get all the heroes doing something or going somewhere. I love it more when the artist has a more grounded style like Frank, so you get this real sense of community and tangibility
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-05-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So, let's see...

-Dick is Nightwing

It's great to see the Hawks sharing panels again, too.

Gary Frank drawing the Doom Patrol is pretty great, but I'm curious why the Chief is there and Casey isn't.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    but I'm curious why the Chief is there and Casey isn't.
    The most honest answer is that it's probably because Doomsday Clock is meant to largely stand on its own with only Watchmen as prior reading required. It's an evergreen book, so characters look their most recognizable, iconic, or synced with a version in popular media. Thus, Dona Tory is in her classic/Titans red outfit, the hawks are in the same room, Hal is their along with John (they're the two leads for the GL movie coming up), Aquaman is one color swap away from being Mamoa, Batgirl is in neither her current outfit or her awesome DCYou outfit but rather an easily identifiable Batgirl outfit, Nightwing is looking like Nightwing, Barda and Mr M are in their classic suits rather than the recently shown New 52 suits, and, finally, the Chief is with the Doom Patrol because that's how the show was marketed.

It's all just to help the book read with as few continuity questions as possible for new readers who pick this up at a book store rather than a comic book shop.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So, let's see...

-Dick is Nightwing

Constantine is also there and seems to be helping with magic. If I remember correctly he was rendered powerless in Justice League Dark and disappeared and was even dying of cancer now. Cyborg and Jess are back instead of off in the Ghost Sector. Not much, but a few more little things that's off from present continuity.

That's also the first time we've seen Flash in this series.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-05-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The most honest answer is that it's probably because Doomsday Clock is meant to largely stand on its own with only Watchmen as prior reading required. It's an evergreen book, so characters look their most recognizable, iconic, or synced with a version in popular media. Thus, Dona Tory is in her classic/Titans red outfit, the hawks are in the same room, Hal is their along with John (they're the two leads for the GL movie coming up), Aquaman is one color swap away from being Mamoa, Batgirl is in neither her current outfit or her awesome DCYou outfit but rather an easily identifiable Batgirl outfit, Nightwing is looking like Nightwing, Barda and Mr M are in their classic suits rather than the recently shown New 52 suits, and, finally, the Chief is with the Doom Patrol because that's how the show was marketed.

It's all just to help the book read with as few continuity questions as possible for new readers who pick this up at a book store rather than a comic book shop.
    Yep you got it. This book is meant to not be mired down by continuity questions, so people hoping for it to address DC continuity problems are going to be left disappointed I think. This book will set up the return of the JSA and the LoSH but nothing else.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

So, let's see...

-Dick is Nightwing

Is that the Alpha Centurian I see?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

That's what I figured too, but this is also going to be firmly entrenched in continuity and used to drive the DCU forward, so it does mean that at some point coming up, The Chief has to return to the DCU and Casey may be out. It's certainly possible none of this stuff comes into play soon (Aquaman and Mera being together, Ollie and Dinah, Dick's return), but I'm just entertaining the possibility it does.

Hell, Robotman is mechanical again when last we saw he was flesh and bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep you got it. This book is meant to not be mired down by continuity questions, so people hoping for it to address DC continuity problems are going to be left disappointed I think. This book will set up the return of the JSA and the LoSH but nothing else.
    Also what I figure. I just reread Morrison's Doom Patrol, though, so I suppose given that and the phenomenal show on the app I'm just very interested in what's done with them going forward.

BANNED

spoilers:
    The heroes trace Firestorm's energy signal to Mars where they confront Manhattan. There's a big brawl and they are overwhelmed. Manhattan argues that hope decays and to prove his point, he reveals to Firestorm that Professor Stein deliberately arranged to be merged with him in their 'accident' seven years ago. Diana returns to the U.N with a plan of peace, but she is interrupted by Black Adam and his allies. Clark spends the whole issue in a coma with Lois looking after him...but then Lex enters his room and tells her he was the one who sent her the footage of the JSA, Lex reveals to Lois that the JSA footage is proof someone is undermining all of creation and his evidence points to one of this person's victims...Wally West
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Do you think Manhattan will kill Superman like Rorschach?

BANNED

The Trump digs were hilarious btw.