Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Do you think Manhattan will kill Superman like Rorschach?
    no, I'm sure Johns will do something in this book that has lasting affects in the DCU but killing a character like superman won't be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    The heroes trace Firestorm's energy signal to Mars where they confront Manhattan. There's a big brawl and they are overwhelmed. Manhattan argues that hope decays and to prove his point, he reveals to Firestorm that Professor Stein deliberately arranged to be merged with him in their 'accident' seven years ago. Diana returns to the U.N with a plan of peace, but she is interrupted by Black Adam and his allies. Clark spends the whole issue in a coma with Lois looking after him...but then Lex enters his room and tells her he was the one who sent her the footage of the JSA, Lex reveals to Lois that the JSA footage is proof someone is undermining all of creation and his evidence points to one of this person's victims...Wally West
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I kinda forgot this but when Lex asked Lois if she wanted to know who had messed up her life, it reminded me that the don’t really remember Reborn happening right? They made a point to say after that the memories of it were fading. So Manhattans meddling there could be what pushes Superman over in Manhattan’s vision. Great issue though.
    end of spoilers

Doomsday Clock#9 preview pages

https://imgur.com/a/49xo7j6

So, let's see...

-Babs changes outfits again
    -Dick is Nightwing
    -Ollie and Dinah are still together
    -Arthur and Mera are together

Yoda, your theories are looking more and more sound.
    Re: Green Arrow 50

spoilers:
    Green Arrow 50 actually doesn't break them up so to speak, Dinah helps Oliver escape and while they are separated they don't part on bad terms or betray each other. So this doesn't really carry as much weight. The events in Doomsday Clock could easily bring them back together and where they leave off in GA 50 would be consistent with this portrayal. Though he does toss his costume at the end, but I'm not hinging my theory on costumes.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-06-2019 at 11:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Re: Green Arrow 50

spoilers:
    Green Arrow 50 actually doesn't break them up so to speak, Dinah helps Oliver escape and while they are separated they don't part on bad terms or betray each other. So this doesn't really carry as much weight. The events in Doomsday Clock could easily bring them back together and where they leave off in GA 50 would be consistent with this portrayal. Though he does toss his costume at the end, but I'm not hinging my theory on costumes.
    end of spoilers
    I know, I read the issue shortly after

spoilers:
    Dinah is starting to remember their marriage, and it motivates her willingness to wait for him until this all blows over. She badly wants that life for the two of them
    end of spoilers

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The Trump digs were hilarious btw.
    Absolutely. I'd love to see Johns do a straight up comedy one of these days.

I know, I read the issue shortly after

spoilers:
    Dinah is starting to remember their marriage, and it motivates her willingness to wait for him until this all blows over. She badly wants that life for the two of them
    end of spoilers
    Oooo, does this happen in Green Arrow #50? Is it worth checking out?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Oooo, does this happen in Green Arrow #50? Is it worth checking out?
    Yep, it's a nice issue, the ousted writers did a good job of setting up Ollie's new status quo while being faithful to the Arrow/Canary love story. Unlike a lot of more recent DC titles with downbeat swerves, it doesn't leave you in a rage.

I'm hoping for Superman to make a big impact in these final issues. Last issue hurt my feelings when the world kinda turned on him, and now seeing him laid up and out of commission hurts. Expecting a big comeback from him coming up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Last issue hurt my feelings when the world kinda turned on him
    But Lois didn't, and that was my biggest worry. Sad to see the DC public is just as fickle as the civilian populace of Marvel.

Honestly, I think there's simply too many plates being spun right now for Superman to have time to play as big a role as I was hoping he'd have in this story. I'm sure they'll be some good stuff in there, but my biggest disappointment in Doomsday Clock is in how it was sold to me.

Don't make this the cover to your first issue then have neither character appear in any substantial way until the last few issues of the story.

But Lois didn't, and that was my biggest worry. Sad to see the DC public is just as fickle as the civilian populace of Marvel.
    I'm chalking it up to tensions already being so high and things getting so twisted that it didn't take much. Still sucked especially when he was in the right.

And yeah, Lois is with him. And in a strange way, Lex didn't turn on him either? I mean he's obviously not with him or anything, but you know what I mean.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I'm chalking it up to tensions already being so high and things getting so twisted that it didn't take much. Still sucked especially when he was in the right.

And yeah, Lois is with him. And in a strange way, Lex didn't turn on him either? I mean he's obviously not with him or anything, but you know what I mean.
    Quite ironic for him to be in this situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Quite ironic for him to be in this situation.
    Having advance knowledge of reality and how it's working puts him at an advantage, Superman will owe him big for providing insight into what's been undermining him and the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Honestly, I think there's simply too many plates being spun right now for Superman to have time to play as big a role as I was hoping he'd have in this story. I'm sure they'll be some good stuff in there, but my biggest disappointment in Doomsday Clock is in how it was sold to me.

Don't make this the cover to your first issue then have neither character appear in any substantial way until the last few issues of the story.
    Heh, this is a big part of why I'm enjoying the book. I hate the ways Johns writes Clark, so the less Superman in Clock, the better, as far as Im concerned.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.