Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

I think Johns just has a lot on his plate. He's still involved in the tv and streaming side of things, right? And.....maybe still the movies? Or did he leave those completely?

Those are all things that certainly take priority over comics. A lot more money involved and you can't fudge the deadlines as easily.

I feel like if something had happened to him in his personal life, like a death in the family or a illness, someone would've made a statement about it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think Johns just has a lot on his plate. He's still involved in the tv and streaming side of things, right? And.....maybe still the movies? Or did he leave those completely?

Those are all things that certainly take priority over comics. A lot more money involved and you can't fudge the deadlines as easily.

I feel like if something had happened to him in his personal life, like a death in the family or a illness, someone would've made a statement about it.
    Yeah, I know he's put a lot of work into stargirl, looking at his website, I didn't even realize he was working on Batwoman with his new company. And there is still the green lantern script he is workin on(though I feel like we should have gotten some news by now if WB liked the script...)

And hopefully you are right, I'm not trying to wish bad ill on the man or his family, just very confused about these delays.

Maybe it was Johns being forced to keep up to date with what was going on in the DCU currently? DDC takes place one year ahead after all, and he’s been referencing stuff like Heroes in Crisis. Still at some point they really should’ve just said enough was enough and made sure the book came out.

Slipping to essentially a quarterly book seems like something that would warrant a statement. If not to fans, but to retailers who are ordering this book and seeing it pushed back further and further.

Johns is heavily involved with the DC universe shows, and Shazam is seeing delays too. So I'm not convinced it's editorial meddling that is the issue. Plus, by doing this they are letting him complete the series with a single artist. I think they are actually respecting his vision of it by letting it drag out if that makes sense. If this was your standard event it would have had fillins by now to wrap it up.

BANNED

Doomsday Clock will be released in two separate trade volumes starting with Volume One in October, Volume Two will come out in May 2020

https://www.newsarama.com/44948-doom...-may-2020.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't quite agree with that.

While I've avoided buying / reading the series, I am still waiting to see if / when / how it may (or may not) resolve what (if anything) happened with the Justice Society of America.

And right now, there's a very good chance my patience may end before this series.

Incredible Member

Funny, that's the description I would come up with for this series.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Unless this series resolves all the continuity hang ups between New 52 and Rebirth, I really don't see the point in doing it. There has to be some sort of big payoff here other than Johns just wanting to play with the Watchmen characters. All this looks like it's just an attempt to officially go back to the pre-Flashpoint universe the long way.
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Unless this series resolves all the continuity hang ups between New 52 and Rebirth, I really don't see the point in doing it. There has to be some sort of big payoff here other than Johns just wanting to play with the Watchmen characters. All this looks like it's just an attempt to officially go back to the pre-Flashpoint universe the long way.
    It might explain why there are continuity hangups, but it won't resolve them. Doomsday Clock is no longer the capstone story, and Rebirth has been abandoned creatively.

You want continuity resolutions, you have to wait until Scott Snyder reboots the multiverse next year and just handwaves everything away.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There has to be some sort of big payoff here other than Johns just wanting to play with the Watchmen characters.
    Lord does there not need to be any sort of payoff other than that. I don't doubt there'll be *ramifications* and whatnot playing out of it, but that's not remotely the point; the point is the hope that when it comes out in trade, people who buy 5 comics lifelong at Borders will see there's a Watchmen sequel with DC characters in it that was - at least on the surface - treated seriously and go for 6.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

It'll be a relief to finally enter a post-Doomsday Clock status quo eventually, where nothing is but mere prologue anymore, and where there's more creative liberty.

It'll be a relief to finally enter a post-Doomsday Clock status quo eventually, where nothing is but mere prologue anymore, and where there's more creative liberty.
    Wait.

Who said anything about "more creative liberty" being guaranteed post-Doomsday Cluck?

BANNED

By that I generally mean they don't have to constantly put everything back in the box before we catch up to something set a year in advance

And, yay, it's out next week!

By that I generally mean they don't have to constantly put everything back in the box before we catch up to something set a year in advance

And, yay, it's out next week!

But, is that a flashback to something or maybe even just a page in a comic book that some snot-nosed kid is reading?