Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Where is that from? Are they doing more promotion for DDC?

Could be promotion for the show. Or who knows, maybe they'll want to milk things even more and do a comic along with the show.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, is that a flashback to something or maybe even just a page in a comic book that some snot-nosed kid is reading?
    And it's only now that I realize that Dr.Manhattan has inserted himself onto the cover of that comic.

spoilers:
    https://i.imgur.com/0ePKT3Il.jpg
    end of spoilers

"I relate to him more".

Damn.

BANNED

use spoilers tag dammit!

Mighty Member

I tried to click on the Link but it seems to be taken down or so...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Without getting too spoilery, I can say definitively that this is one of the best stories I've ever read about how important Superman is to the DCU.

If you are a Superman fan, I cannot recommend this issue enough.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

spoilers:
    Superman is the nexus of the Metaverse, With his every change/retcon has changed the entire DC multiverse(Likes the Golden age, Silver age, And post-crisis)
    And the New52 was a product of Dr Manhatten experiment.
    end of spoilers
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Without getting too spoilery, I can say definitively that this is one of the best stories I've ever read about how important Superman is to the DCU.

If you are a Superman fan, I cannot recommend this issue enough.
    Yeah, And I'm glad to see spoilers:
    Jsa appeared again.
    Also this issue implied that Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis(Including Golden age Supes) is the same person
    end of spoilers
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Yeah, And I'm glad to see spoilers:
    Jsa appeared again.
    Also this issue implied that Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis(Including Golden age Supes) is the same person
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Question? How did they appear? Personally or only mentioned or? Did Manhattan say that NEW52 was his creation? I am hoping for a Jonathan and Martha Kent Return, together with memories to Conner etc.
    end of spoilers
    Cant wait to see how it ends..

spoilers:
    . . . Also this issue implied that Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis(Including Golden age Supes) is the same person
    end of spoilers
    Haven't read the issue, but spoilers:
    how did he team up with himself so often then?
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Because he is the center of the metaverse, Everytime he has change the Mutilverse changes with him.
    Doomsday Clock (2017-) 010-023.jpg
    Doomsday Clock (2017-) 010-024.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 05-29-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

end of spoilers
    Essentially, the "tree" that Superman's arrival planted sprouted many branches with alternate realities.

I know you are leery on this story, but I think you would really, really dig the JSA stuff. It's gorgeous and really well done.

I know some may disagree but Johns and Frank are one of the all time great Superman teams. I heard New Krypton was a dud, never read it, but Secret Origin, Brainiac, SM&LOSH and this are all gold stuff.

Every month, even with the delays this book continues to blow me away. This was amazing. spoilers:
    I loved the recontextualizing of the metaverse (kinda borrows from Alan Moore's Supreme in a way) and Manhattan realizing he's become the villain in this universe was amazing. Manhattan's line about how "intoxicating" it was to mess with Superman and mold him into his own image and make him "relatable" read to me as some serious metashade on the constant need for creators to mess with the underlying character of SUperman to create something they deem better or relatable. Johns basically saying this about himself in the context of the New 52 and how they become the villains of their own stories by doing this. Kinda unreal that this came out juxtaposed against Heroes in Crisis #9, which is inarguably that exact type of story.
    end of spoilers How long until #11?
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-29-2019 at 08:30 AM.