Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    So this is how Rorshach fits into Doomsday Clock

Attachment 54329

http://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-ba...-watchmen/amp/
    Well, this is one way to tie everything together .

I still think there's the chance that he indeed isn't Batman, or is just not doing as much superhero-ing, a year from now. If Superman gets into trouble, it would make sense that a now-married or at least still engaged Bruce Wayne might get back into the fold to help his friend.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Note of interest from Superman#30

spoilers:
    In the double page spread reflecting Clark's fears, Lois being diagnosed with stage four cancer is among them
    end of spoilers

I know that a development like this has been speculated about over here with this particular story, so is it foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

spoilers:
    In the double page spread reflecting Clark's fears, Lois being diagnosed with stage four cancer is among them
    end of spoilers

I know that a development like this has been speculated about over here with this particular story, so is it foreshadowing?
    Clark having the fear of Lois dying of cancer, isn't it a bit odd? I could understand if it was of her dying of old age, or one of his enemies killing her. Why cancer?

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Clark having the fear of Lois dying of cancer, isn't it a bit odd? I could understand if it was of her dying of old age, or one of his enemies killing her. Why cancer?
    Because this is what she died from in Beyond universe.

Lois being diagnosed with cancer would be a helluva twist. However, I haven't liked how Aaron handled Jane Foster's cancer so I would be concerned if Lois was the one with cancer in that panel. Not to mention the uproar from the Lois fanbase. It's more likely to be Lex though which has much stronger potential in exploring how Lex would deal with having cancer.

I find especially odd since he actually coerced Luthor into curing cancer during New 52 (well, at least it was canon then, I don't know if it's still is with Rebirth and especially Reborn) to prove that Lex had changed, after Forever Evil (at the very end of The Amazo Virus arc in JL).

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Doomsday Clock happens one year later in the timeline from now. Can anyone develop such an advanced stage in one year? It appears implausible. But i am no expert.

Aggressive tumors can spread in no time flat, sadly. It really all depends, there's so many different kinds.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

cancer sucks (especially brain cancer). And i imagine he'd be more afraid of losing his wife tomorrow than 50 years from now.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-06-2017 at 09:45 AM.

I still lean toward the X-Ray being Lex's, but this definitely put's Lois heavily into the mix as well.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Is it canon in the current DCU that Lois is/was a smoker? That might provide the incentive for that particular fear.

But even if not, that's something that seems to ever-present in the world today, it'd seem strange if he *wasnt* concerned about that happening on one level or another.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, in today's society, when one fears someone getting sick, that's one of the first if not the first fear to pop up in regards to disease. Its basically the plague of modern civilization.

BANNED

I can see Johns giving Lois cancer.

It'll have something to do with how Manhattan reacted to Janey Slater's cancer, and how Superman would be reacting to Lois's cancer.

It makes sense but i don't want to see this.

Killing off Lois will drive me away from comics. It is so heartless. They were together after years. In real time the couple were together for about a year. I am sick even thinking something like this happening to Lois.

If they keep her alive with cancer after Doomsday Clock it will take the joy out of the books i am reading. There are better things to do with my time. I read Mighty Thor for like 10 issues and dropped it. Jane Foster Thor was awesome but it was really depressing and frustrating. She can be cured but she is practically committing suicide. There is no reason why Lois can't be cured in the world of DCU. Writers may try to milk this tragic content.

I seriously don't want to enter this thread. There are grim images from posts. And seriously Lois Lane! I thought we were getting away from Women in Refrigerators. I don't blame anyone here who love Superman. It is just that my heart is breaking by this very thought.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-06-2017 at 08:16 PM.