Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    By all logic the X-Men Blue should get stomped. I'd imagine Hydra attacks at the same time.

Looks like it, but THEN:

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    America Chavez is a cult favorite ? Totally Awesome Hulk is holding his own ? Lool. Look at their selling numbers.
    Most of those selling numbers are usually handled and published by, Diamond Comic Distributors, and they only show how many single issue printed units have sold. From what I hear digital comic sales are on the rise for the younger generations so even if a title isn't doing good in physical sales, it could very well be a different story with digital sales. Trade Paper Backs also factor into a series longevity. I remember reading that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur was doing poorly when it was first released but that's only if you count the physical single unit sales. It has really strong sales with its TPB'S, and I'm pretty sure it does a decent job selling digitally.

This thing about accounting digital sales & TPB'S along with the single issue physical ones is actually a topic of discussion for some within the comic industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Most of those selling numbers are usually handled and published by, Diamond Comic Distributors, and they only show how many single issue printed units have sold. From what I hear digital comic sales are on the rise for the younger generations so even if a title isn't doing good in physical sales, it could very well be a different story with digital sales. Trade Paper Backs also factor into a series longevity. I remember reading that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur was doing poorly when it was first released but that's only if you count the physical single unit sales. It has really strong sales with its TPB'S, and I'm pretty sure it does a decent job selling digitally.

This thing about accounting digital sales & TPB'S along with the single issue physical ones is actually a topic of discussion for some within the comic industry.
    Digital comic sales were stagnate in 2016 from 2015 and declined from 2014 (-10%). Not to discount the other factors you mentioned, but I TRULY wonder the actual numbers for digital sales. I have a feeling that they don't always reflect what the companies say.

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    Digital comic sales were stagnate in 2016 from 2015 and declined from 2014 (-10%). Not to discount the other factors you mentioned, but I TRULY wonder the actual numbers for digital sales. I have a feeling that they don't always reflect what the companies say.
    I'm curious of the actual digital numbers as well. All the more reason for them to be published publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Looks like it, but THEN:

I think she might be working for Emma in the story as a double agent against Magneto. Besides sending a person who has been easily manipulated all her life against Emma is akin to animal abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think she might be working for Emma in the story as a double agent against Magneto. Besides sending a person who has been easily manipulated all her life against Emma is akin to animal abuse.
    Double agent? If you are not at least a triple agent you aren't trying these days.

Without telepathic protection Lorna certainly wouldn't get very far if she had an issue with Emma.

However, the 05 and Logan jr. wouldn't get very far against Emma and Lorna though unless Jean's jobber aura was 'hey I just ate a star' levels.

Well we should see in two days.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-24-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post

Moon girl and devil dinosaur is another story. It's selling well in school. That's the reason why the book was a success.

As for digital sales, it's the same for every book... so the digital sales are still inferior to most.

Uh, we dont have sales figures for digital, but we do have weekly rankings which clearly show that the rankings of books relative to one another are usually pretty different. Some books that are low on the Diamond charts regularly rank highly on Comixology. so no, they arent all the same, the digital audience has some different tastes.

Honestly, all this debate about sales figures is getting increasingly irrelevant as time goes on, Diamond just isn't everything, and represents a smaller chunk all the time. If a book is still being published, it is making it's money back somewhere, that is all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Thanks for the summary

I'm behind my reading on marvel mystic since I thought it would read better in trade for me

Any hints on whos taking over as sorcerer supreme?

I'd like doom or wiccan
    It's going to be Loki. Though we don't know how long term it is, could be just an arc, hard to say.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-24-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Uh, we dont have sales figures for digital, but we do have weekly rankings which clearly show that the rankings of books relative to one another are usually pretty different. Some books that are low on the Diamond charts regularly rank highly on Comixology. so no, they arent all the same, the digital audience has some different tastes.

Honestly, all this debate about sales figures is getting increasingly irrelevant as time goes on, Diamond just isn't everything, and represents a smaller chunk all the time. If a book is still being published, it is making it's money back somewhere, that is all there is to it.

It's going to be Loki. Though we don't know how long term it is, could be just an arc, hard to say.
    I like this idea a lot