Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Powered By Gravity

When is this out?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Yes! Ever since Image Expo I've been waiting for an announcement on a release date. Figured because it was a horror title it would be October and now it is! I've loved The Wake. Can't wait for that final issue this month. Haven't read American Vampire, but I'm sold on Wytches!
    You MUST read American Vampire. I typically have no interest in vampire stories, but this series is so incredible!

There are things I like and dislike about the preview.

Snyder is absolutely amazing at setting atmosphere for his horror works, like he is about as good as that gets in the comics industry. The preview is certainly creepy and unnerving in the way it wants to be. But the way Snyder disseminates information to the reader always feels like a forced infodump, and I think that's present here too with the guy telling about the nature of the witches. I stopped reading Snyder's work because I think his flaws are apparent in all his comics and become more annoying the more you recognize them, and that could doom this book for me.

Jock is a great artist and a great fit for this type of unnerving horror story, but I am not liking the coloring here. It is kind of gaudy and saturated with too many colors. I was hoping for something that would look more like the teaser image from way back that was kind of monochromatic and subdued.

I will absolutely give this a shot but I think the flaws I identified above will probably bug me a bit.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by skyjumpermike View Post
    When is this out?
    October. No specific date, but solicits should be out soon.

This was my favorite of all the titles announced coming out this year. Really looking forward to seeing where they go with this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Haven't read American Vampire, but I'm sold on Wytches!
    Snyder's work on American Vampire is half the reason I'm so excited for this series. He knows his horror and this proves it that much more.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    There are things I like and dislike about the preview.

Snyder is absolutely amazing at setting atmosphere for his horror works, like he is about as good as that gets in the comics industry. The preview is certainly creepy and unnerving in the way it wants to be. But the way Snyder disseminates information to the reader always feels like a forced infodump, and I think that's present here too with the guy telling about the nature of the witches. I stopped reading Snyder's work because I think his flaws are apparent in all his comics and become more annoying the more you recognize them, and that could doom this book for me.

Jock is a great artist and a great fit for this type of unnerving horror story, but I am not liking the coloring here. It is kind of gaudy and saturated with too many colors. I was hoping for something that would look more like the teaser image from way back that was kind of monochromatic and subdued.

I will absolutely give this a shot but I think the flaws I identified above will probably bug me a bit.
    I agree...the art and coloring is a bit disappointing. I would much prefer Albequerque's art from American Vampire...of course, I will be readng this regardless, so...

Damn, that preview is going to give me nightmares. I will be getting the series. Just not sure I will be brave enough to read it.