Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default One Piece [Live Action/Anime]

I just started watching this on Netflix any fans of this on here? Anyone looking forward to the live action Netflix show?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I just started watching this on Netflix any fans of this on here? Anyone looking forward to the live action Netflix show?
    I watch it. Not looking forward to the live action show though. Some anime just can't be adapted well to live action and One Piece fits that bill for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I watch it. Not looking forward to the live action show though. Some anime just can't be adapted well to live action and One Piece fits that bill for me.
    Yeah, I will be amazed if the live-action adaption turns out even halfway decent.

Check the Independents section. There's a One Piece thread over there.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Check the Independents section. There's a One Piece thread over there.
    I wanted to talk about the current show and upcoming Netflix show I haven't read the comic I assume they are different more or less?

I wanted to talk about the current show and upcoming Netflix show I haven't read the comic I assume they are different more or less?
    Well the current anime is adaptation of the comic. Anime tends to be less loose when it comes to adaptations. So they are close enough unlike American adaptations.

I'm worried about the Netflix adaptation. The US adaptations tend to be more underwhelming and One Piece is something I'm unsure will work.

Incredible Member

Yeah, One Piece is such a fantastical world with so many disparate elements held together by Oda's distinct, cartoony, detailed, and kinetic style. And that's just artistic and aesthetics, not to talk about how he plots, does character work, and world-builds. I just don't see a live-action adaption working tbh. Not without a giant budget and even then, I'm not too confident.

I was interested in a one piece live action when it was going to be a theatre film. As a netflix show and after netflix did death note and cowboy bebop not so much.

Did you know universal Japan has at times a one piece live show.

Cafe.

Wait, what?

Oh, boy. As has been said, certain anime/manga do NOT translate well to live action. One Piece is near the top of that, along with DBZ.

The anime/manga has been going steady since the late 90s. With barely any filler, just very long, drawn out arcs giving everyone and their mother's mother a back story AND flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wait, what?

Oh, boy. As has been said, certain anime/manga do NOT translate well to live action. One Piece is near the top of that, along with DBZ.

The anime/manga has been going steady since the late 90s. With barely any filler, just very long, drawn out arcs giving everyone and their mother's mother a back story AND flashback.
    Actually I think dbz would be really easy to translate to live action.

Including the spiky and wild hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Including the spiky and wild hair?
    You would have to change some thing's of course.

Astonishing Member

They tried with Evolution. It sunk faster than the titanic. You'd have to change too much for DBZ in order for it to work on screen and, as has been proven, it just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    They tried with Evolution. It sunk faster than the titanic. You'd have to change too much for DBZ in order for it to work on screen and, as has been proven, it just doesn't work.
    It hasn't been proven at all they didn't try with evolution at all come on man.