View Poll Results: Should Laura still be Wolverine when Logan returns?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 53.94%
  • No

76 46.06%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Talon is just not a good name for a character that doesn't have some kind of bird motif.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Oh, okay. That was something I picked up from the Internet, had no idea that it had only one obscure use outside of "Target X."

Still, if she did retire from the Wolverine name, I'm not sure what she would use instead, given that "X-23" and "Laura Kinney" are the only names (well, designation and a name) that she's associated with and neither are suitable for a codename.
    While I like Talon and it was her creators' intention that she eventually take that name, I'd be cool with her just not having one. I never really liked the idea of her piggybacking on Wolverine's name and the negative consequences that has had, I.e. The majority of writers making her behave like Logan with boobs instead of Laura Kinney. Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde and Jean Grey don't really have code names and it's worked fine for them. Laura's not really trying to keep her identity secret, if anything she wants to be seen.

Something to bear in mind there - Gabby hasn't bothered taking a codename at all. Laura's current costume with a helmet instead of a cowl was Gabby's idea. Maybe she'll follow her lead on naming too?

But despite Jean's solo book being called Jean Grey, she is actually currently using the Marvel Girl codename.

Marvel basically already has two of everyone else, so why not?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Marvel basically already has two of everyone else, so why not?
    I DON'T like multiple characters using the same name. It's frankly confusing. If Logan doesn't take back the name, fine, let her continue using it. But if he starts using the name again I don't think I want her to be the "other" Wolverine. In that case I want her to find her own.

BANNED

wolfena? Wolvette? Wolvera? lol. As long she doesn't become lady death strike 2 she could adopt any code name she wants. SOE poster referred to old lady laura and gabby becoming wolverine which seems a viable idea if they want to create a cyclops like family situation in the future with gabby being cable, laura as racheal askani mother, Logan as cyclops, Sarah being jean/madelyne the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I DON'T like multiple characters using the same name. It's frankly confusing. If Logan doesn't take back the name, fine, let her continue using it. But if he starts using the name again I don't think I want her to be the "other" Wolverine. In that case I want her to find her own.
    It's a little difficult to communicate sarcasm through the internet when I refuse to use emoji's, but I agree with you. I meant Marvel is already full of characters sharing names and deluding the significance of their own identities, so I don't see them taking the name from Laura even if Logan starts using it again.

Now if I could give her a codename? Honey Badger, very intimidating.