View Poll Results: Should Laura still be Wolverine when Logan returns?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 53.94%
  • No

76 46.06%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I want Logan to use ultimate wolverine costume and keep laura as wolverine. She cant use X-23 anymore and Logan dosent really need a code name.

Also have jimmy and old man die for him to come back.

I prefer if she continues as Wolverine but do not care if she goes back to X-23 or use another name.

In fact a new identity would not be bad despite the Wolverine name attracting more readers. A new identity would allow her to build her own legacy .

BANNED

Pretty impressed by the number of "Yes" results. I'd have expected this to be a much more contentious poll than it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Pretty impressed by the number of "Yes" results. I'd have expected this to be a much more contentious poll than it has been.
    I shared that sentiment, which was why I was somewhat reluctant to add a poll. I figured I might as well put some numbers to it. I think it shows that, despite the inherent cynicism that comes with a younger character taking over the mantle of an older one, it can work. And I think Laura has done plenty to prove that she's worthy of being Wolverine.

I also think the family aspect is a big factor here. Unlike Riri Williams, Kamala Khan, or Jane Foster, Laura isn't just some random character created to take over a new title. She forged her own story for nearly a decade before Logan died. She established herself as someone distinct. On top of that, she and Logan developed a strong familial bond. In the latter parts of X-23's last solo series, Logan began referring to her as his daughter. In All-New Wolverine, Laura repeatedly refers to Logan as her father. And who better to carry on Logan's legacy than his own daughter? I think that's why it works so well. And that's why, in my opinion, Laura should keep going by the title, Wolverine, even after Logan comes back to life.

Besides, the idea of the two of them, fighting battles together in matching Wolverine uniforms, is just too awesome to ignore.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think Laura has earned the wolverine title and her solo book has been constantly great. If there can be two spidermans there can be two wolverines.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think logan needs the name, he has been a badass with or without costume. Unlike other legacys i love that the mantle passed to his daughter

I voted no, but I would not be opposed.

The House of Ideas is awful at superhero code names now a days, so if she stays Wolverine and wears the same costume, it does make a compelling visual.

I just wish her book wasn't awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I shared that sentiment, which was why I was somewhat reluctant to add a poll. I figured I might as well put some numbers to it. I think it shows that, despite the inherent cynicism that comes with a younger character taking over the mantle of an older one, it can work. And I think Laura has done plenty to prove that she's worthy of being Wolverine.

I also think the family aspect is a big factor here. Unlike Riri Williams, Kamala Khan, or Jane Foster, Laura isn't just some random character created to take over a new title. She forged her own story for nearly a decade before Logan died. She established herself as someone distinct. On top of that, she and Logan developed a strong familial bond. In the latter parts of X-23's last solo series, Logan began referring to her as his daughter. In All-New Wolverine, Laura repeatedly refers to Logan as her father. And who better to carry on Logan's legacy than his own daughter? I think that's why it works so well. And that's why, in my opinion, Laura should keep going by the title, Wolverine, even after Logan comes back to life.

Besides, the idea of the two of them, fighting battles together in matching Wolverine uniforms, is just too awesome to ignore.
    Uhhhhhhh Jane Foster has basically forged her own path, wasn't created to take over Odinson's mantle, and is well versed in the world of super heroics.

I think it's would be interesting for him to drop the Wolverine mantel and have Laura keep it. Keep Logan in a team book but let Laura do the solo book.

No. Does Dick Grayson need to be in a title called Batman? Look at how long Tim had a book. He didn't need to be Batman to stay in publication. Should Supergirl be renamed Superman? Why do you all think that X23 needs to be named Wolverine to stay in publication? There has been a Batgirl in publication in one form or another for what two decade's. The simple fact is that most of you think X23 needs the name. I don't. I just listed examples of legacy characters that have been successful using theit own name. Why do you all think Marvel can't do this?

BANNED

No. She should have her own identity, and I don't like her Wolverine costume.

Gabby as Wolverine and X-23 as Old Lady Laura pls

My favorite costume on Laura is the grey and black X-force costume with the black mask and red eye covers. That remains my definitive X-23 look to this day.

I think should adult Logan return he should retain his identity as Wolverine and wear his now iconic Astonishing costume. But I don't see hat happening anytime soon so long as old Man Logan is in this universe.

Spectacular Member

They both can use the name since there are other characters who have used the same name at the same time (displaced X-men, Hawkeye, Spiderman, Captain America, Human Torch). I'm curious to see Logan's reaction to all of the other "Wolverines" out there: OM Logan, Daken being alive, Gabby, and James Hudson. Marvel will have six Wolverine characters out at the same time.
    Not Peter David.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No, I want logan as wolverine. lauras great as is but shes her own person. Now if marvel makes them both the title im good as long as true logan is alive. I want the pretenders to go away....jimmy and old man ugh
    X-Men Forever