View Poll Results: Should Laura still be Wolverine when Logan returns?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 53.94%
  • No

76 46.06%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

It is baffling that you think that they intended to legitimately replace Wolverine with her even after they wait until a few months before OML was being published. I say it is a load. Their whole intention of killing Wolverine was to replace him with OML. I was saying this when the Death of Wolverine was announced. Look at was in publication when the movie Logan was about to be in the theaters. Old Man Logan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    It is baffling that you think that they intended to legitimately replace Wolverine with her even after they wait until a few months before OML was being published. I say it is a load. Their whole intention of killing Wolverine was to replace him with OML. I was saying this when the Death of Wolverine was announced. Look at was in publication when the movie Logan was about to be in the theaters. Old Man Logan.
    When you have Soule himself saying Wolverines was intended to put her in the cowl, then yeah, I'd call that pretty legitimate.

I mean seriously. The ENTIRETY of Wolverines #13 is a story of Deadpool trying to be the new Wolverine, and one big meta commentary on Legacy Characters that ends with Fantomelle giving Laura a Wolverine suit. Are you really telling me that's not foreshadowing?
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-21-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Nope. I stated what I think the overall intentions were. Why debate it. We got the Wolverine Marvel intended. It just isn't the one you think it is or the one I want.

BANNED

Nope. I stated what I think the overall intentions were. Why debate it. We got the Wolverine Marvel intended. It just isn't the one you think it is or the one I want.
    Then you're living in a bubble of your own reality, because it was right there on the page, and confirmed by Word Of God. And I'll take the word of the WRITER over Random Internet Guy any day of the week.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-21-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    When you have Soule himself saying Wolverines was intended to put her in the cowl, then yeah, I'd call that pretty legitimate.

I mean seriously. The ENTIRETY of Wolverines #13 is a story of Deadpool trying to be the new Wolverine, and one big meta commentary on Legacy Characters that ends with Fantomelle giving Laura a Wolverine suit. Are you really telling me that's not foreshadowing?
    Actually, I remember reading an interview with someone at Marvel that said differently. Basically that they were still discussing who should take up the Wolverine mantle after that point. I believe the candidates were Laura, Daken and Sabretooth. Wish I could find the interview, but Google's not being very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Then you're living in a bubble of your own reality, because it was right there on the page, and confirmed by Word Of God.
    I think you're talking on different wavelengths. I believe he's saying that Marvel's motivation for killing Logan wasn't that X-23 could take his place. Which is almost certainly true. And he's saying they did it so they could swap him out for the Old Man Logan version, partly because of the movie. Which is debatable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    I think you're talking on different wavelengths. I believe he's saying that Marvel's motivation for killing Logan wasn't that X-23 could take his place. Which is almost certainly true. And he's saying they did it so they could swap him out for the Old Man Logan version, partly because of the movie. Which is debatable.
    He's not saying they killed Logan so she could take over. He's saying that Laura was never being built up in advance to take over as Wolverine after Logan's death. Soule's comments (IIRC it was one of the X-Positions) says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    You are correct. Also from what I recall of the X-Position they seemed to always deflect most of the questions and ignore the rest. That's why I stopped reading it and the rest of the "interviews" that Marvel's creative participate in.

BANNED

You are correct. Also from what I recall of the X-Position they seemed to always deflect most of the questions and ignore the rest. That's why I stopped reading it and the rest of the "interviews" that Marvel's creative participate in.
    None of us were saying the intent was there BEFORE Logan's death. We were all talking about series that were developed AFTER (specifically Wolverines, and #13 in particular, before Secret Wars cut it short) building up to it.

I voted no because I do not like more than one character having the same code name. When the real Logan eventually comes back he will most likely be called Wolverine. So I would prefer for Laura to receive her own name.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Logan has transcended having the name Wolverine, so let Laura keep it and do something with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    There are two Spider-Man. There can be two Wolverine.
    We also have two Thors.

BANNED

God only knows how many Green Lanterns and Spider-Women we have.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Hmm... I voted no... Outside of "because marvel now" why should she even have his name?

Why then shouldn't Jimmy Hudson be called wolverine? ESPECIALLY... since miles is called spider-man.

Its smacks of hypocrisy, and not that being a hypocrite isn't pretty common. *shrug*

Its hard to make a compelling argument why laura should get to keep the mans name and Jimmy is denied it.
    Its just people wanting their favorite to be the most important, but no either She shouldn't get to keep it or Jimmy should get to use it too. . . I guess daken gets dark wolverine so theres that at least.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 07-22-2017 at 05:02 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Hmm... I voted no... Outside of "because marvel now" why should she even have his name?

Why then shouldn't Jimmy Hudson be called wolverine? ESPECIALLY... since miles is called spider-man.

Its smacks of hypocrisy, and not that being a hypocrite isn't pretty common. *shrug*

Its hard to make a compelling argument why laura should get to keep the mans name and Jimmy is denied it.
    Its just people wanting their favorite to be the most important, but no either She shouldn't get to keep it or Jimmy should get to use it too. . . I guess daken gets dark wolverine so theres that at least.
    As much as I may tease Laura fans that she's a blatant ripoff of Logan with little to no originality I don't really believe that because the writers have done such a good job to make a tired trope original and unique. They put in the work and it paid off. Laura deserves to reap those rewards.

Jimmy Hudson is the polar opposite of this. He is the walking embodiment of that trope and lazy Jeph Lobe writing at its schlockiest. He is literally Logan with blonde hair. He can't even escape trying to bed Jean even the one in his own universe that his dad bedded, ew. His claim to the name is only in the fact that the character might implode under the strain of doing something remotely unique like having his own code name.