Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Fox developing Doctor Doom and Franklin Richards spin off films

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for making a separate thread. And you can also join the conversation in the Doom appreciation thread. I have a sort of guarded enthusiam for the Doom movie but Fox's reputation for handling the Fantastic Four characters precedes them, especially for Doom.

It remains to be seen how they would handle a Franklin and Valeria movie if they don't include the parents. At least I've seen no mention of Reed or Sue being a part of it. The Future Foundation is a great concept by Hickman and I wonder if that's where this is heading.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-21-2017 at 10:33 AM.

They screwed up these characters four separate times in the past (the abomination released in 2015 being the worst of them), I don't see how these movies will be any better. But then again they got Deadpool right eventually so there could be a little bit of hope. But I'm not holding my breath.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It remains to be seen how they would handle a Franklin and Valeria movie if they don't include the parents. At least I've seen to mention of Reed or Sue being a part of it. The Future Foundation is a great concept by Hickman and I wonder if that's where this is heading.
    That's a good point, IM........although I do understand the possibilities of the Richards' siblings playing out in their own world/adventures; I can't help but wondering that there should be a Power Pack Movie done first, unless FOX felt that an PP Movie might better developed under Disney's Studios.

They don't exactly have a good track record regarding the FF...

I am doubtful but very, /very/ cautiously optimistic.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    That's a good point, IM........although I do understand the possibilities of the Richards' siblings playing out in their own world/adventures; I can't help but wondering that there should be a Power Pack Movie done first, unless FOX felt that an PP Movie might better developed under Disney's Studios.

I would think that Power Pack would be a separate IP and would Fox have to negotiate for the rights.

When it comes to Fox and FF properties they can just go to hell.

Astonishing Member

Tired of Fox and Sony trying to create their own universes with any ties to their main franchises. Seems to me they are reaching. Can't even believe Fox is doing the Dark Phoenix movie when Apocalypse took a major step back in the franchise. 2017 has proved to be a graveyard for franchises/sequels. Is there any buzz on DP?

Fox hasn't come remotely close to getting Doom right yet so it's hard to be optimistic about this.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 07-21-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Doom is the greatest villain in comics history IMO. What the hell FOX has done to him in the past is a travesty.

Bring in a competent screenwriter and director (which Hawley certainly seems to be), cast Gary Oldman in the lead and let's get this show on the road.
    Last edited by Cimmerian; 07-21-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm torn.... do I want these properties to fail? I think if Doom especially tanks, Fox has nothing left to play with the FF property and the MCU will finally get them back. But a failure would toxify the entire FF line and Marvel will just vault them like the comics. If the film's successful, then bye, bye FF meets Black Panther in Wakanda, Hulk vs. Thing, Loki vs. Doom, FF and Avengers vs. Galactus (with the Guardians of The Galaxy thrown in for comedy relief). The FF would remain Fox property for a generation.

BANNED

FOX sucks at main team movies but they've been on a roll at smaller, character-focused, niche movies lately.

I think it's better they go this way than try to reboot the main team again.

Thing is, do they have the guts to keep Doom mainly behind the mask, a la V for Vendetta?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Thing is, do they have the guts to keep Doom mainly behind the mask, a la V for Vendetta?
    They should, and give Gary Oldman whatever he wants to accept the role.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Goddammit I want to see the FF and Doom interact with MCU's Black Panther already (as long as they keep Doomwar out of it).

But this is... interesting. I loved Legion so that Doom movie could be good