Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Seems like a desperation move for Fox to keep the FF rights. There is no way they can think this is a good idea.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm not so sure about the role Fox had in this. Noah Hawley is the guy that let slip he's working on a development. Is he working on giving Fox a proposal for his treatment of Doom or did they ask him to develop something? Are we even sure it has the green light yet to go into casting and production?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He has a point though. Even being an advisor to the President wasn't enough to force him out of Marvel. Only way he's leaving the company, is in a coffin. Morbid I know, but that's just the facts of the situation.
    If the man wasn't such a petty man child when it came to the Fantastic Four and the need to punish the fans for a situation they have no control over, I wouldn't care about him, but the man has managed to become hated by just about every sector of Marvel and Disney (he's responsible for the split with Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige) and only seems to survive by the fact he has major shares in both companies and happens to be Trump's BFF. The sooner the man gets outed from power the better.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    No, a younger actor is needed. Like Madds Mikkelsen, Jude Law, or Joaquin Phoenix.
    Jude would be a good choice. What you really want with Victor is someone who has a good strong voice of authority which can come under his mask, ideally without the need for a distortion effect. I always think one of these two voices is what you want with Doom...

In terms of some of the reaction to this, I can understand a bit of cynicism, but this is Noah Hawley that's being mentioned. It's not as if we're talking about Uwe Boll, or Ed Wood writing the script from beyond the grave through a spirit medium and an ouija board. You'd think from some of the response that Fox's recent films and television series have been a uniform disaster, rather than veering between the good, the mediocre, the poor - and the truly exceptional and critically acclaimed.

It's a positive development, potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    In terms of some of the reaction to this, I can understand a bit of cynicism, but this is Noah Hawley that's being mentioned.
    Legion is mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Legion is mediocre.
    Really? I think it's very good, myself

Not as strong as the second series of Fargo, mind you.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Tired of Fox and Sony trying to create their own universes with any ties to their main franchises. Seems to me they are reaching. Can't even believe Fox is doing the Dark Phoenix movie when Apocalypse took a major step back in the franchise. 2017 has proved to be a graveyard for franchises/sequels. Is there any buzz on DP?
    Uh yeah. Dp is going strong already has the cast and is filming right now
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

The Doom film I might not mind but I have no interest in a Franklin and Valeria movie without the FF in it. Unless they made it a spin-off set in the same universe as the 2005 film.

I can understand why they're doing it though, they can see that Sony is doing Venom and Black Cat without Spider-Man, so I imagine they figure doing Doom and Franklin projects without fully relying on the FF whilst the 2015 movie is still tainting the licence as reasonably sound... though I also imagine it's another way of firmly holding onto the FF rights and its related elements. If Fox starts announcing Silver Surfer, Wizard and Annhilius projects as well that will seem more evident.

BANNED

The DOOM faithful in his other thread are thinking Rated R...where is that line of thinking coming from?
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 07-21-2017 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I can understand why they're doing it though, they can see that Sony is doing Venom and Black Cat without Spider-Man, so I imagine they figure doing Doom and Franklin projects without fully relying on the FF whilst the 2015 movie is still tainting the licence as reasonably sound... though I also imagine it's another way of firmly holding onto the FF rights and its related elements. If Fox starts announcing Silver Surfer, Wizard and Annhilius projects as well that will seem more evident.
    Someone else told me that the FF have to be the stars of their film otherwise Fox using them does not count for that quota they have to meet every seven years or so. That this would keep Doom's rights away from Marvel but not the FF themselves.

Would anyone want to see a Wizard film lol? Or even Annihilus that isn't related to the Annihilation Wave and Nova and the GOTG?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I don't think Sony should be doing it, either. people give Marvel Studios a lot of crap about being overly "safe" w/ their movies. and part of it is true. you can see the formula. but it's a working formula. they know what people like about the characters. to these other studios, they just see a product. that's how you wind up with a Deadpool who has no mouth. they are taking names that they think are popular w/ fans and slapping them onto concepts that don't necessarily fit.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Someone else told me that the FF have to be the stars of their film otherwise Fox using them does not count for that quota they have to meet every seven years or so. That this would keep Doom's rights away from Marvel but not the FF themselves.

Would anyone want to see a Wizard film lol? Or even Annihilus that isn't related to the Annihilation Wave and Nova and the GOTG?
    a Wizard film done in the same style as Despicable Me might work; told from the perspective of a pseudo celebrity who turns to villainy, after being upstaged by actual superheroes. but it wouldn't do much for the comic book character.