Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    He should resent the clone wars.

How can Anakin had a Padawan if he isn't a Master? Only a Master can have a padawan...and Jedi Council deny Anakin the rank of Master.
    Also,the Jedi Council deny Qui-Gon Jinn permission to train Anakin cause Obi-Wan was his padawan (and the Jedi code forbid a Master to have two). So, give Anakin a padawan in the Clone Wars is a problem.
    He created that series.
    Also, both Knights and Masters need to take a Padawan. Obi-Wan wasn't a Master when he started to train Anakin. He had only become a Knight like 5 minutes earlier.

Can you explain why Qui-Gonn not being allowed two Padawans contradicts Anakin being allowed one Padawan?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He created that series.
    Also, both Knights and Masters need to take a Padawan. Obi-Wan wasn't a Master when he started to train Anakin. He had only become a Knight like 5 minutes earlier.

Can you explain why Qui-Gonn not being allowed two Padawans contradicts Anakin being allowed one Padawan?
    ObiWan took the Jedi trial before training Anakin. They just didn't show it. Also, in A New Hope, Obiwan stated to Luke that Yoda was the Jedi Master who made him a Jedi Master.

Ok, maybe both Knight and Master need a padawan. But total messed up that the Jedi let Anakin have a padawan with all the crap they gave it. It anything happen to Anakin's padawan that the Jedi problem not Anakin.

I can see why Anakin change side.

I think that it's been explained that Obi-Wan defeating Maul was pretty much the only trial he needed.

It's not made clear in the current EU yet, but in the old one Anakin likewise was allowed to skip the trials due in part to the Clone Wars.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's not made clear in the current EU yet, but in the old one Anakin likewise was allowed to skip the trials due in part to the Clone Wars.
    He got a padawan during the clone wars. That's total messed up.

Obi-Wan and Darth Maul made sense.

But why did Obi-Wan say Yoda that made him (a Jedi Master).

BANNED

ObiWan took the Jedi trial before training Anakin.
    That makes him a Jedi Knight, not a Jedi Master.
    Also, in A New Hope, Obiwan stated to Luke that Yoda was the Jedi Master who made him a Jedi Master.
    Which in no way indicates that only Jedi Masters can train Jedi.
    All Ewoks are aliens, but not all aliens are Ewoks.

Ok, maybe both Knight and Master need a padawan. But total messed up that the Jedi let Anakin have a padawan with all the crap they gave it. It anything happen to Anakin's padawan that the Jedi problem not Anakin.
    I have no idea what you are trying to communicate here.

I can see why Clone Wars Anakin changed sides. Movie Anakin? Never changed sides, was always evil.

He got a padawan during the clone wars. That's total messed up.
    Why? Lots of Jedi got Padawans during the Clone Wars.
    If anything, Ahsoka was probably the best thing that ever happened to Anakin, except the Jedi Masters kinda messed that up by being themselves.

But why did Obi-Wan say Yoda that made him (a Jedi Master).
    Because he did. Yoda being the head of the Jedi Council gets to decide who is ready for Knighthood and who gets to be Jedi Master.

The real answer is of course that Lucas was not paying a lot of attention to what he wrote back in the 70's when he wrote the Prequels, and the Clone Wars series was inpart an attempt to fix that somewhat.
    Last edited by Carabas; 08-08-2017 at 08:27 AM.

I don't think he resents SW at all! All I see is a man who was elevated to a Godlike position after he created three movies that literally blew a world wide audience away. I think he loves those films and they continue to be the thing he is most proud of (and rightly so). But as sometimes happens in life, things don't always go to plan. He wanted to create a second trilogy that would have as much impact as the first with an even more technical breakthrough.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way and instead, it created a divide between a previously beloved creator and his previously adoring fans. That rift is now unfix-able and it is this that angers him most IMO. He's a man who set out to give his fans more of what they desired. A man who wanted to create a whole new set of fans who would love his work. But it was such a catastrophic failure and had the complete opposite effect. So a man once adored is now derided. Imagine how that must feel for him. Where once he was considered this genius he's now being called an incompetent fool.

That shit must have had a terrible effect on him and personally, I do feel for him. He wanted to do right by us, but ended up destroying his relationship with us and selling off his most prized asset simply because it all got too much for him (oh, and a few billion quid helped too).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    T

The real answer is of course that Lucas was not paying a lot of attention to what he wrote back in the 70's when he wrote the Prequels, and the Clone Wars series was inpart an attempt to fix that somewhat.
    Yeah, Lucas didn't payed attention.

The Clone Wars series wasn't a fix. It was pure shit for babies.

ObiWan took the Jedi trial before training Anakin. They just didn't show it.
    True (although as pointed it, it's been basically assumed that his defeat of Maul was judged to be his trial; there's really no other viable option, given that he was knighted after the Naboo campaign). However, the same thing applies to Anakin; he was a full Knight by the time of the Clone Wars movie, when he was assigned a padawan.

Also, in A New Hope, Obiwan stated to Luke that Yoda was the Jedi Master who made him a Jedi Master.
    That's not quite right on two counts. First of all, Yoda was not mentioned in ANH; he was even created until ESB. Also, Kenobi never says that Yoda made him a master, just that Luke needed to find him, and that Yoda was a Jedi Master who had instructed Kenobi. (Even if Yoda had been the one who made Kenobi a Jedi Master, that would have no bearing on Anakin taking a Padawan, since being a Master was not required to do so.)

A Jedi doesn't need a Padawan, but both regular Knights and Masters have been shown taking them.

In the Clone Wars movie, it is explained why the Council wanted Anakin to take one; they thought that it would be a good learning experience for him (for example learning to let go of things).

The situation with Ahsoka has been cited as one of the factors why Anakin turned from the Jedi Order.

The Clone Wars series wasn't a fix. It was pure shit for babies.
    I wouldn't completely dismiss it as "ice cream for bedwetters" (to use a more polite expression); there were some weak stories in it, but some good ones too, same as any series. Besides, it was a pretty ambitious project and even some of the idea that I think were bad on paper (bringing back Maul) were used to good effect.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 08-08-2017 at 08:52 AM.

A Knight technically can be a "Master" to a Padawan, but I think the more formal rank comes when you've trained a few (although Obi-Wan pretty much only trained Anakin, and was a council Master by ROTS).

Although Anakin does call Obi-Wan Master in ROTS, I think it's more of a term of a respect than anything else.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Yeah, there's a difference here between "master" and "Master". It's sloppy writing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A Knight technically can be a "Master" to a Padawan, but I think the more formal rank comes when you've trained a few (although Obi-Wan pretty much only trained Anakin, and was a council Master by ROTS).

Although Anakin does call Obi-Wan Master in ROTS, I think it's more of a term of a respect than anything else.
    That's basically it.

Hard to really resent something who made you completely free of any financial worry for all you life i dare to presume.

I can imagine that he was disappointed that his prequels, despite being financial successes, weren't welcomed by a part of the fans and most of the critics. That being said, those movies are also well loved, especially among the younger audience. Something some people are always very eager to forget.

So in the great scheme of things, i would say he didn't do so bad for himself.

What must have been more difficult to deal with was the insane, irrational and quite frankly pathetic, amount of hate he personally was the target of.

Cause he made movies....yeah....