Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1261
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Same for me. So many good things are being said about this Omni, that I may make it one of my rare blind buys.

Still hoping for a reprint of the Lee/Buscema Surfer, too.
    Itís great. Highly recommend it. Itís a fun read. I too really want the Lee/Buscema one.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading the Winterworld Better Angels/Colder Hearts TPB written by Chuck Dixon. It started off extremely strong with the Butch Guice drawn arc "La Nina" followed by the pretty good "The Stranded" story drawn by Tomas Giorello. Following that was the one-shot "Wynn's Story" which was not bad, art duties by Tommy Lee Edwards. The last 3-part story "Frozen Fleet" was a bit of a letdown. I disliked the "lazy" art by Esteve Polls and the story didn't seem to make sense. It also finished on a cliffhanger which was a bit of a downer as there are no further WinterWorld stories. It would seem that the series was cut short for some reason or another (low sales?..) and so IDW decided to put everything they had in one TPB. It's definitely a high quality TPB, physically. All the Variant covers are in the back. The colours by Diego Rodriguez throughout the run/series are beautiful. Overall pretty good, strong start but a weaker finish. Let's hope Chuck Dixon writes some more and produces some sort of satisfactory finish.

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm reading Voltron Legendary Defender vol.1 TPB
    I'm on S8 of the show and I'm finding two issues in that the creative team has done a good job of capturing the characters and universe.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Spent the last week slowly reading Conan the Barbarian Marvel Years Omnibus.

I really liked Conan in the 80s as a pre-teen/teen, but had never read the stories in this volume until this read.

I was surprised early on at how Barry's art wasn't all that great at first, but by the end of his run the art got MUCH better. However, John Buscema is my favorite 60s and 70s artist, and he did the last two issues in this volume, so I can't wait for the second volume this summer.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 02-07-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Ive finally cracked open my Absolute Preacher volumes. The books themselves are beautiful, but some of the art suffers artifacts from being upscaled...

I've started reading Tarzan: Burne Hogarth's Lord of the Jungle HC. It's a beautiful oversized deluxe hardcover and the reproduction is top notch. Lovely to hold and look at. The original Edgar Rice Burroughs text is in the main part reproduced and there are no word balloons but the art is extremely "lush" and dynamic. It's quite a "meaty" but enjoyable read. I highly recommend it to any Tarzan and/or Burne Hogarth fan.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was unfamiliar with Hogarth but have now ordered the Tarzan volume after checking it out.

Just finished Silver Surfer by Slott & Allred.

Honestly, It was one of the best stories I have ever read. So emotional!

I've read the first four issues in Wonder Woman by George Perez omni 1, man this art is incredible! I love the paper in this also, and the colors are really soft and understated at times. Very pleasant on the eyes. Great omni so far, can't wait to keep reading.

Also, is the New Teen Titans by Wolfman/Perez omni volumes good as well? Feel like I should pick those up while I can.

Bought the Walt Simonson Orion Omnibus but I'm going back and reading Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus before I start it. Every time I read through it I have a different favorite part. I used to like New Gods the best, then I liked Forever People and now the Jimmy Olsen issues may be my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I've read the first four issues in Wonder Woman by George Perez omni 1, man this art is incredible! I love the paper in this also, and the colors are really soft and understated at times. Very pleasant on the eyes. Great omni so far, can't wait to keep reading.

Also, is the New Teen Titans by Wolfman/Perez omni volumes good as well? Feel like I should pick those up while I can.
    It's beautiful for sure! I really want the other two

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    It's beautiful for sure! I really want the other two
    I have vol. 3 cause I got a deal on it, just need to grab vol. 2 sometime. Enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

Bendis's New Avengers Omnibus, Grant Morrison's Batman omnibus, along with the commentary "The Anatomy of Zur-en-Arrh: Understanding Grant Morrison's Batman"
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

I finished reading Tarzan: Burne Hogarth's Lord of the Jungle OHC. A beautiful book and a good read. Very nice art indeed. The second part of the book is in black and white and only highlights how good the art is.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    "The Anatomy of Zur-en-Arrh: Understanding Grant Morrison's Batman"
    Where can this be found? Is it in the first Morrison Bats Omni? I don’t remember seeing that.