Page 73 of 221 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3305

Just finished Winterworld and I'm mostly disappointed. I liked the story, but I wasn't keen on the artwork. There were too many panels where it took me a while to figure out what I was looking at...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

In the middle of a Sub-Mariner MMW binge. So far through Vol 3 and this series just does not disappoint on art or story. If this is what Thomas writes Conan like I am snapping up that Omni this week.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Just finished Winterworld and I'm mostly disappointed. I liked the story, but I wasn't keen on the artwork. There were too many panels where it took me a while to figure out what I was looking at...
    I haven't yet read the original series, only the majority of the 2014 series which has Butch Guice on art duties for the first four issues which I quite like. When I get around to reading both collected editions, I'll share my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I haven't yet read the original series, only the majority of the 2014 series which has Butch Guice on art duties for the first four issues which I quite like. When I get around to reading both collected editions, I'll share my thoughts.
    Please do, I'm curious if I just 'don't get it'
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I just finished Before the Incal by Jodorowsky. Is it sacrilege to suggest i may have enjoyed it more than The Incal?

Moved on to Spaceman Deluxe by Azzarello and Risso. A bit of a tough one. Love Rissos work, but its a bit of a tough nut to crack with all the pseudo-speak. Its an interesting approach but does kinda ruin the flow. It also continues a pet peeve of mine about Azzarellos scripting where he insists on continuing his dialogue -

- onto the next page.

Can be a neat technique but he does it ALL THE TIME.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    In the middle of a Sub-Mariner MMW binge. So far through Vol 3 and this series just does not disappoint on art or story. If this is what Thomas writes Conan like I am snapping up that Omni this week.
    The Sub-Mariner MMWs are on my to-read list, so your review will push it closer to the top. Thanks.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Currently reading the first Excalibur Epic Collection “The Sword Is Drawn.”

I can’t believe I ignored this title when it came out while I was a teenager. Written with humor, and Al Davis’ pencils are beautiful. Really enjoying this!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post

I can’t believe I ignored this title when it came out while I was a teenager. Written with humor, and Al Davis’ pencils are beautiful. Really enjoying this!
    I love that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Yes, definitely the worst thing Millar has ever written...although strangely enough he followed it up with a bunch of the best stuff he's ever written (Jupiter's, Starlight, Huck, etc).

Absolutely....I feel some of Millar's best work has been in recent years. Jupiter's Legacy, The Magic Circle, etc....I haven't read Huck, so I can't comment on that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post

I suggest reading every issue Alan Davis penciled the artwork in. Unfortunately, any issue not drawn by Davis (Be it written by Claremont, Davis, or anyone else) was horrible....But when Davis performed the art chores, the book was pretty good. Every story segment involving Davis on art is connected, but, aside from a select few issues/chapters (Like the conclusion of the Nazi Excalibur two-parter), you can pretty much ignore issues where they had guest-artists fill in for Davis.

Also, Davis did a good job when he took over the writing portion. He followed up on all the open-ended story segments which lingered after Claremont left the title. I always assumed Davis knew what Claremont had in store with Excalibur, because Davis tied everything together so neatly, but, surprisingly enough, on his message board, years back, he mentioned that he didn't know what Claremont ultimately had planned so he tied it all up on his own.

And if you haven't read ClanDestine, you might want to follow up on that title after finishing Excalibur.

I know this was mentioned a few pages back from a few people, but I just finished reading the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer omni. Read the first half in one sitting yesterday and the second half in one sitting today. Absolutely loved it from start to emotional finish. Really exceded my expectations and I'd highly recommend it to anybody. Just an excellent love and life story that requires little to no prior knowledge of the characters. The last few issues do an amazing job of tugging on the heart strings.

Just read Injection deluxe 1. What a read. It was a blind buy for me, but a good one!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I know this was mentioned a few pages back from a few people, but I just finished reading the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer omni. Read the first half in one sitting yesterday and the second half in one sitting today. Absolutely loved it from start to emotional finish. Really exceded my expectations and I'd highly recommend it to anybody. Just an excellent love and life story that requires little to no prior knowledge of the characters. The last few issues do an amazing job of tugging on the heart strings.
    Loved this. I do have a few issues left. I have been reading a few issues before bed each night. It's just a lot of fun and I was never bored reading it. There are no filler issues. It felt like every issue was as good as the last. I laughed throughout. I would also recommend it. I will definitely re-read it again at some point.

Incredible Member

Just finished the second Knightfall Omnibus. Man was I glad when Bruce Wayne finally showed up!

Taking a little Batbreak now and just started Sanctum by Xavier Dorison and Christophe Bec.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Just read Injection deluxe 1. What a read. It was a blind buy for me, but a good one!
    Me too. A bit slow to start, but definitely left me wanting more. Lets hope Ellis actually finishes it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Me too. A bit slow to start, but definitely left me wanting more. Lets hope Ellis actually finishes it.
    Fingers crossed!