Page 19 of 220 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Recently finished reading the Spider-Man: The Other OHC. It was pretty average. The story was ok but I disliked the art by Mike Wieringo and especially the Marvel Knights issues by Pat Lee. The ASM issues by Mike Deodato Jr weren't bad.

Anyone read this Spidey event and can comment as to whether there were any further consequences for Spidey with regards to "the Other" down the line?
    I read it and I don't recall any further consequences. Didn't he get the ability where he could shoot out a wolverine stabber from his wrists or something? I think that was used one time by another writer and then retconned out.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I read it and I don't recall any further consequences. Didn't he get the ability where he could shoot out a wolverine stabber from his wrists or something? I think that was used one time by another writer and then retconned out.
    Yes, that's right regarding the spike which I thought was quite strange. And from what I've read of Spidey later on, I can't remember anything regarding "The Other" but I thought I'd ask because I thought I might have missed something Thanks for the reply.

Recently finished reading the Spider-Man: The Other OHC. It was pretty average. The story was ok but I disliked the art by Mike Wieringo and especially the Marvel Knights issues by Pat Lee. The ASM issues by Mike Deodato Jr weren't bad.

Anyone read this Spidey event and can comment as to whether there were any further consequences for Spidey with regards to "the Other" down the line?
    Yes most of the danglers from 'The Other' were picked up by PAD in his subsequent Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man run. He did use his new powers in that run and PAD even explained who 'The Other' was. I'm not 100% sure but I think the point where all of those powers were retconned out was in 'One More Day' a couple of years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    Yes most of the danglers from 'The Other' were picked up by PAD in his subsequent Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man run. He did use his new powers in that run and PAD even explained who 'The Other' was. I'm not 100% sure but I think the point where all of those powers were retconned out was in 'One More Day' a couple of years later.
    Thanks for the info. It just seemed to be too "big" of a matter to ignore . I might have to check out those later issues of FNSM.

I finished Wytches. I liked it more than I thought I would. I'm surprised it hasn't had a deluxe really.

I'm now starting the Gotham Central Omnibus. It could be a while before I post in this thread again! It's the biggest book I've ever read.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I finished Wytches. I liked it more than I thought I would. I'm surprised it hasn't had a deluxe really.

I'm now starting the Gotham Central Omnibus. It could be a while before I post in this thread again! It's the biggest book I've ever read.
    I flew through Gotham central. it's like binging a good tv series. LOVE that book.

Thanks for the info. It just seemed to be too "big" of a matter to ignore . I might have to check out those later issues of FNSM.
    No Worries! Handily, all of the post-Other issues of FNSM were collected in one fat trade last year:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spider-Man-...dp/1302904361/

Astonishing Member

There is a letter in the Amazing Spider-Man letters section that asked what hapened with the new powers Spidey got in the Other storyline,and if i remember correctly it was answered that Spider-Man new powers were not forgotten but Spider-Man have just not used them again.Either way the last time Spider-Man had the new powers was in the One More Day storyline.

Not sure why I never read this as singles as I collected pretty much every Vertigo title (or did this come out as regular DC?) but I have just started trade book 1 of doom patrol, I can normally tell pretty early if I’m going to like something and having read the first issue....I’m intrigued, not a massive Morrison fan like some are on here but the first issue makes me think I may be in for a descent ride

No Worries! Handily, all of the post-Other issues of FNSM were collected in one fat trade last year:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spider-Man-...dp/1302904361/
    Yeah, I remember the TPB from a few solicits back. If I see it for cheap, I may pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    There is a letter in the Amazing Spider-Man letters section that asked what hapened with the new powers Spidey got in the Other storyline,and if i remember correctly it was answered that Spider-Man new powers were not forgotten but Spider-Man have just not used them again.Either way the last time Spider-Man had the new powers was in the One More Day storyline.
    Thanks for the info.

I finally got around to reading the Daredevil/Black Widow: Abbatoir GN. I've been filling in some loose ends to my complete chronological reading of Daredevil. This is one little story that got away from me back when I was reading Daredevil (1964) Vol. 1 but I finally caught up to it.

The story by Jim Starlin is nothing really special. It's basically about Matt and Tas (that's how Nick Fury and Matt refer to Natasha) tracking down and taking on two serial killers that are killing off telepaths. It's extremely brutal and bloody. I found it a little pointless and I really didn't take to it. The art and colouring, on the other hand, by Joe Chiodo is absolutely breathtaking at times with some beautiful panels.

Reading through the Simonson Thor omnibus now. About halfway through!

On one hand I love it, as I am reading some great stories and I know it was money well spent. However on the other hand, it is motivating me to read more Thor and am craving to purchase some other omnibus' which will surely place me outside my budget.

Anyways, excellent writing & art. I highly recommend!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

On one hand I love it, as I am reading some great stories and I know it was money well spent. However on the other hand, it is motivating me to read more Thor and am craving to purchase some other omnibus' which will surely place me outside my budget.

I really like Silver Age Thor. Kirby is great on it. I have Simonsons Thor but I only read through a few issues to check it out. I liked it so far. Just need to finish some things before I go back to it.

Just finished Infinity War and forgot how poorly this trade was put together.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

I'm just finishing that up...glad I bought it.