Page 170 of 220 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3296

Alternating between Usagi Yojimbo Saga volumes and Sweet Tooth collections. I am a third of the way through the second Saga edition and 2 volumes into Sweet Tooth, about to start the third.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I'm know reading Daredevil by Bendis omnibus 1.
    I recently read the entire Bendis run and the Brubaker run that followed. Very good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I recently read the entire Bendis run and the Brubaker run that followed. Very good stuff.
    Brubaker is next, then Shadowland and Waid. And the Soule run will follow when it's released.

Brubaker is next, then Shadowland and Waid. And the Soule run will follow when it's released.
    Yeah I started on Shadowland myself today.

I think I'll stop after that however, as what I read from Waid's run didn't impress me previously.

Amazing Member

Waid’s run was great and a million times better than Diggle’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Yeah I started on Shadowland myself today.

I think I'll stop after that however, as what I read from Waid's run didn't impress me previously.
    I'm gonna find out. I think I'll like it though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm gonna find out. I think I'll like it though.
    Just be prepared for the change in art style. That's what knocks you a little for six when you start reading Waid after all that gritty art in the previous runs. At the end of the day, Waid's run is as deep and heavy as they come. I quite enjoyed it, the second part in San Francisco lesser so. I would suggest you read the Daredevil #0.1 issue between the two Waid runs as it takes place exactly at that moment between New York and San Francisco. Unfortunately, they've placed it in publication order instead of chronological order and IMO, the collections editor was very sloppy in putting the second Omnibus together. The same with Daredevil #1.5. It should really be read at the end of Waid's second run but it's placed again in publication order. The two Indestructible Hulk issues are well placed in the first Omnibus.

The art in Waid's run is suddenly veeeery colorful, taking away from the usual gritty representation. And at the same time, Daredevil suddenly starts fighting werevolves, mummies and other weird classic monsters, which really took me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Just be prepared for the change in art style. That's what knocks you a little for six when you start reading Waid after all that gritty art in the previous runs. At the end of the day, Waid's run is as deep and heavy as they come. I quite enjoyed it, the second part in San Francisco lesser so. I would suggest you read the Daredevil #0.1 issue between the two Waid runs as it takes place exactly at that moment between New York and San Francisco. Unfortunately, they've placed it in publication order instead of chronological order and IMO, the collections editor was very sloppy in putting the second Omnibus together. The same with Daredevil #1.5. It should really be read at the end of Waid's second run but it's placed again in publication order. The two Indestructible Hulk issues are well placed in the first Omnibus.
    I'll keep this in mind when reading it.

Arrow

One small correction and clarification - the Indestructible Hulk #9-10 issues appear in the second omnibus not the first one and as I wrote earlier, they are well placed (between Daredevil (2011) #30 and #31).

Daredevil #0.1 (Road Warrior) should appear and be read between Daredevil (2011) #36 and Daredevil (2014) #1. In the omnibus and the OHCs it incorrectly appears after Daredevil (2014) #5 as does Daredevil #1.50. The latter was released as a celebration of 50 years of Daredevil and consists of stories set in the future or What If. I would definitely read this after finishing all of Waid's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    One small correction and clarification - the Indestructible Hulk #9-10 issues appear in the second omnibus not the first one and as I wrote earlier, they are well placed (between Daredevil (2011) #30 and #31).

Daredevil #0.1 (Road Warrior) should appear and be read between Daredevil (2011) #36 and Daredevil (2014) #1. In the omnibus and the OHCs it incorrectly appears after Daredevil (2014) #5 as does Daredevil #1.50. The latter was released as a celebration of 50 years of Daredevil and consists of stories set in the future or What If. I would definitely read this after finishing all of Waid's run.
    You mean reading this one, Daredevil #1.50, after Waid's run?

You mean reading this one, Daredevil #1.50, after Waid's run?
    Yes, Daredevil #1.50 after Waid's second Daredevil (2014) run.

Ok, I'll look it up. Thanks.

What are your thoughts about the Namor by Byrn omni?

Incredible Member

Spider-Woman by Dennis Hopeless- spread out over 6 TPBs, this is a pretty good read. I'd never read a Jessica Drew series before (though of course I've read her in places like New Avengers, etc.). These volumes form a pretty good arc with character development for Drew and the supporting cast. Overall, a fun read. 7.5 out of 10.

Incredible Member

Superman- the Black Ring v1-2- Man, I wish Paul Cornell would come back to comics. Although this kinda goes off the rails towards the end, for 95% of this it's the best Luthor I've ever read. An awesome run! The issues with Death and later Joker are fantastic. 8 out of 10.
    Last edited by newparisian; 05-27-2021 at 02:15 PM.