Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183
Results 2,731 to 2,733 of 2733

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I read the Umbrella Academy library editions over the weekend. While they were fun, I think the show is much better in many regards (shocker!!!).

Tonight I will start on Al Ewing's Ultimates run, which I happen to have in a custom oversized omnibus that I bought off ebay once.
    maybe it just depends on which one you read/seen first. The show felt bloated, missing the energy of the comics and lacking the crazyness (due to it being stretched out probably). Haven't even tried se2, even tho I'm kinda interested how they resolve the se1 cliffhanger, but not that much.
    Haven't read Vol 3 yet but I just ordered it so should read it soon and I'm very curious.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm about halfway through the AvX: Avengers vs X-Men collection. I read it in singles when it was being released, and didn't care for it. Years of build-up for Hope as the mutant messiah all just kind of fell flat, and the whole event ended up being about Cyclops daddy issues.

However, I'm enjoying it more this second time around. Maybe because there are no higher expectations...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    maybe it just depends on which one you read/seen first. The show felt bloated, missing the energy of the comics and lacking the crazyness (due to it being stretched out probably). Haven't even tried se2, even tho I'm kinda interested how they resolve the se1 cliffhanger, but not that much.
    Haven't read Vol 3 yet but I just ordered it so should read it soon and I'm very curious.

I prefer the TV series. It had far better characterization, the comic feels rushed in comparison. The bonus for the comic is more superhero fare, and the story has progressed further.