Page 16 of 219 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i bet those are easier to handle too
    Yeah they are! They're really nice books with thick paper and sewn binding so they open completely flat too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I recently finished reading the World War Hulk Omnibus. Not a bad read at all. In addition to the 5 issue event, the Incredible Hulk issues and a couple of WWH one-shots, there's a ton of crossover issues. I would say the most relevant and interesting ones are the Iron Man, WWH:Front Line and Heroes For Hire issues. Ghost Rider has a couple of good moments. WWH: X-Men was pretty forgettable. Also, the WWH Aftersmash: Warbound issues were very good. There was some pretty decent art in the majority of the Omnibus, in particular the Incredible Hulk (Gary Frank, Carlo Pagulayan) and Iron Man (Butch Guice) issues.

Uncanny Xmen Omnibus vol 1

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I recently finished reading the World War Hulk Omnibus. Not a bad read at all. In addition to the 5 issue event, the Incredible Hulk issues and a couple of WWH one-shots, there's a ton of crossover issues. I would say the most relevant and interesting ones are the Iron Man, WWH:Front Line and Heroes For Hire issues. Ghost Rider has a couple of good moments. WWH: X-Men was pretty forgettable. Also, the WWH Aftersmash: Warbound issues were very good. There was some pretty decent art in the majority of the Omnibus, in particular the Incredible Hulk (Gary Frank, Carlo Pagulayan) and Iron Man (Butch Guice) issues.
    Glad you liked it - may I ask if the reading order is good? I read Infinity Gauntlet a while ago and there was a lot of content after the main event but by then it wasn‘t so interesting anymore.

Incredible Member

Followed on from Green Lantern Omnibus Vol 2 with Brightest Day and now Green Lantern Vol 3.

Just started my journey in to the Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Glad you liked it - may I ask if the reading order is good? I read Infinity Gauntlet a while ago and there was a lot of content after the main event but by then it wasn‘t so interesting anymore.
    No, unfortunately the reading order is similar to the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. Only the beginning of the Omnibus is chronological i.e. IH #106, WWH Prologue: World Breaker. After that is the 5-issue event, IH #107-111 and all the crossover issues. The WWH Aftersmash: Warbound issues are correctly placed at the very end. It would of been very hard to do a true chronological order as there is a lot of overlap in the long event issues and the crossover issues.

I use ComicBookReadingOrders which is a great site and has always got reading orders spot on for me. That is with the exception of WWH in which the Omnibus is correct regarding the first 3 issues. I read through till WWH #2 (4th issue in the Omni) and then picked up from the Comic Book Reading Order list. I hope that helps a bit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by runwithit View Post
    Just started my journey in to the Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run.
    Have fun, it's great!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    No, unfortunately the reading order is similar to the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. Only the beginning of the Omnibus is chronological i.e. IH #106, WWH Prologue: World Breaker. After that is the 5-issue event, IH #107-111 and all the crossover issues. The WWH Aftersmash: Warbound issues are correctly placed at the very end. It would of been very hard to do a true chronological order as there is a lot of overlap in the long event issues and the crossover issues.

I use ComicBookReadingOrders which is a great site and has always got reading orders spot on for me. That is with the exception of WWH in which the Omnibus is correct regarding the first 3 issues. I read through till WWH #2 (4th issue in the Omni) and then picked up from the Comic Book Reading Order list. I hope that helps a bit.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Foxy; 01-09-2018 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typo

Incredible Member

Read book 2 of Seven to Eternity. Loved it. Probably one of the best things I have read in a while. I would rebuy this in an oversized format the day it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Read book 2 of Seven to Eternity. Loved it. Probably one of the best things I have read in a while. I would rebuy this in an oversized format the day it came out.
    Being a Remender book, I'm sure it will come out in a big OHC eventually. I'll be getting that too.

I started Hadrian's Wall last night. I didn't read this in singles. It's nice to see the C.O.W.L. team back to together.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Began reading the Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnibus yesterday.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Began reading the Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnibus yesterday.
    How is it so far? I may read that next.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    How is it so far? I may read that next.
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit...I had never read ST before, but so many people were saying good things about this I decided to take a chance and buy it. Only about 7 issues in so far...