Page 68 of 220 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3287

Just finished Absolute Green Arrow by Kevin Smith, not much to it but as it was so crap it felt like a right slog getting to the end

Spectacular Member

Just finished the Attack on Titan Colossal Edition 4 which covers volumes 16-20; I had read the first 3rd ed, and 4th ed had been listed but repeatedly pushed back so it ended up falling off my radar. I had to re-read much of 2nd and 3rd eds to get back up to speed, but I read all of these in the matter of a week. I've gone ahead and ordered the next 6 volumes (21-26) last night, doubt they'll arrive before Christmas but I cannot wait to see how the story develops.

Incredible Member

Finished Action Comics Rebirth Vol 3 which I thought was really good. The whole storyline with Oz which led into a Booster Gold team up kept my interest.
    Also enjoying Batman rebirth Vol 3. I like it much more than the previous volumes (which I still thought were ok). I seems Tom King can do a better job at smaller character type stories rather than villain centric stories.

Incredible Member

Wrapped up Mort Cinder tonight. Fantastic. Between The Eternaut and this one Oesterheld was a master of dramatic, human Sci-Fi. These books read like classic Twilight Zone episodes and I dig it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Astonishing Member

I am halfway through Tintin-Explorers on the Moon.The art for example is outstanding.And i am enjoying the story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Wrapped up Mort Cinder tonight. Fantastic. Between The Eternaut and this one Oesterheld was a master of dramatic, human Sci-Fi. These books read like classic Twilight Zone episodes and I dig it.
    I was thinking about reading Mort Cinder mainly because I really liked the Eternaut and that book had a heavy winter vibe (due mainly to the snow) but I don't think Mort Cinder is that wintery. Started Injection instead, so far really damn good.

Is it just me or Mort Cinder has a very unusual cover material? It's kinda...puffy?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was thinking about reading Mort Cinder mainly because I really liked the Eternaut and that book had a heavy winter vibe (due mainly to the snow) but I don't think Mort Cinder is that wintery. Started Injection instead, so far really damn good.

Is it just me or Mort Cinder has a very unusual cover material? It's kinda...puffy?
    Gonna have to get Injection.

The prelude part of Mort Cinder would be great for a stormy night kinda read if you are looking for ambiance. The remainder vignettes are kind of all over the place thematically, not in a bad way all very well written.

Yeah I really don't care for the cover material. The HC of Myth Adventures graphic adaptation is the same way.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Some questions about Injection. Has it finished? Is the deluxe the whole thing? Or is Ellis going back to it?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Some questions about Injection. Has it finished? Is the deluxe the whole thing? Or is Ellis going back to it?
    It's not finished, the deluxe is just the first 3 tpb's. Hopefully Ellis gets back to it (and Trees) sooner than later.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Think there's supposed to like 2 more arcs. I believe shalvey mentioned it'd be finished around issue 25

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    It's not finished, the deluxe is just the first 3 tpb's. Hopefully Ellis gets back to it (and Trees) sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Think there's supposed to like 2 more arcs. I believe shalvey mentioned it'd be finished around issue 25
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully that would mean there would be another deluxe to finish it all off then. Injection has been one of those books that I've sort of had my eye on for a while but never taken the plunge.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Flash Gordon: On the Planet Mongo and I'll be picking up Prince Valiant Vol. 1 from my local library today.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

After finishing the Daredevil Epic “A Touch of Typhoid” I went directly to the one that followed called “Heart of Darkness.” Romita junior’s art was just crap in this, and I know he was capable of way better. Whatever style he was looking for was lost on me. The stories also weren’t as solid as Typhoid, despite being written by the same person, Ann Nocenti. Over all, I was pretty disappointed.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    After finishing the Daredevil Epic “A Touch of Typhoid” I went directly to the one that followed called “Heart of Darkness.” Romita junior’s art was just crap in this, and I know he was capable of way better. Whatever style he was looking for was lost on me. The stories also weren’t as solid as Typhoid, despite being written by the same person, Ann Nocenti. Over all, I was pretty disappointed.
    Ann Nocenti is one of my least favourite Daredevil writers. She has some moments but generally she seems all over the place mixing a lot of elements with no real endgame.

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 3
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”