Page 176 of 182 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2728

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    We were chatting about MEWL in a Near Mint Condition stream. Pretty good reviews all around
    which stream? I usually only watch the ones with Maddie cause I'm mostly interested in books she talks about.[/QUOTE]

They (Omar and Melanie) do a weekly Saturday stream, just general chit chat
    ďWe have a saying, my people. Donít kill if you can wound, donít wound if you can subdue, donít subdue if you can pacify, and donít raise your hand at all until youíve first extended it.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    which stream? I usually only watch the ones with Maddie cause I'm mostly interested in books she talks about.
    They (Omar and Melanie) do a weekly Saturday stream, just general chit chat [/QUOTE]

ah okay, I watch that sometimes, depends on if I'm in the mood for a lot of superhero talk

Just finished Usagi Yojimbo Saga Vol. 4 and now am reading the Ultimate Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection Vol. 2 featuring the original Eastman/Laird Turtles material.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Just finished Usagi Yojimbo Saga Vol. 4 and now am reading the Ultimate Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection Vol. 2 featuring the original Eastman/Laird Turtles material.

-M
    I'm reading Usagi Yojimbo Saga #9.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I'm reading Usagi Yojimbo Saga #9.
    I'll get there sometime later this year.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

Incredible Member

Currently reading the X-Men Revolution Omnibus by Chris Claremont. I've read so many negative comments I guess I went in with zero expectations and halfway through, I actually don't think it's so bad. It is certainly not worse than some of the stories that came before. Of course it's entirely possible that it will become a train wreck in the second half of the book

Iron man omnibus by Kurt Busiek. Enjoying this so far. Just finished the 'Live Kree or die...' mini.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Iron man omnibus by Kurt Busiek. Enjoying this so far. Just finished the 'Live Kree or die...' mini.
    I enjoyed that omnibus - I read it together with his Avengers run, which made for a nice experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I enjoyed that omnibus - I read it together with his Avengers run, which made for a nice experience.
    Oh, I believe you. I'm reading it as a stand alone. And that's not a problem. It's a good read!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

The Madmaniverse Library Volume One. This has been a super re-read. The art is gorgeous from day 1 and Madman still feels modern and ahead of the moment. Especially the main character and his constant self exploration. Also finished Barry Windsor Smiths Monsters book. Itís gorgeous to read and I am surprised how much he reminds me of Greg Capullo at times. Brutal stuff about domestic abuse disguised as an Incredible Hulk origin.

Incredible Member

X-Men: Eve of Destruction OHC - just started with a Magneto-centric miniseries. Off to a good start . This is the final oversized collection of X-Men / Uncanny X-Men before Grant Morrison takes over (can't wait to read his run).

This means that this year I have read most of the 90s X-Men/Uncanny X-Men stuff:

- X-Force Omnibus
    - X-Cutioner's Song OHC
    - Deadpool & X-Force Omnibus
    - X-Men Shattershot OHC
    - X-Men Fatal Attractions OHC
    - Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix OHC
    - Cable & X-Force Omnibus
    - Phalanx Covenant OHC
    - Legionquest OHC
    - Age of Apocalypse Omnibus (this was a re-read for me)
    - Road to Onslaught Omnibus (custom omnibus collecting the three Road to... TPBs)
    - Onslaught Omnibus
    - The Trial of Gambit Custom Omnibus (includes Onslaught aftermath and Trial of Gambit TPBs)
    - X-Men Operation Zero Tolerance OHC
    - X-Men Blue TPB
    - X-Men Gold TPB
    - X-Men The Hunt for Professor X TPB
    - Magneto War TPB
    - X-Men vs Apocalypse: The Twelve Omnibus
    - X-Men Revolution Omnibus

When I'm done with Eve of Destruction, I think I will take a break from X-Men

I'm doing a nineties 're read of batman. Bane just broke the bat. I think I will go right through to war games. I just 're read Morrison's run so after war games I'll take a break from batman. Knight fall so far is better than I remember when I read it back in the 2000's. I'm enjoying these 25th trade paperbacks. I do wish contagion/legacy/cataclysm/road/no man's land would get new printings because finding a copy of cataclysm is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    X-Men: Eve of Destruction OHC - just started with a Magneto-centric miniseries. Off to a good start . This is the final oversized collection of X-Men / Uncanny X-Men before Grant Morrison takes over (can't wait to read his run).

This means that this year I have read most of the 90s X-Men/Uncanny X-Men stuff:

- X-Force Omnibus
    - X-Cutioner's Song OHC
    - Deadpool & X-Force Omnibus
    - X-Men Shattershot OHC
    - X-Men Fatal Attractions OHC
    - Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix OHC
    - Cable & X-Force Omnibus
    - Phalanx Covenant OHC
    - Legionquest OHC
    - Age of Apocalypse Omnibus (this was a re-read for me)
    - Road to Onslaught Omnibus (custom omnibus collecting the three Road to... TPBs)
    - Onslaught Omnibus
    - The Trial of Gambit Custom Omnibus (includes Onslaught aftermath and Trial of Gambit TPBs)
    - X-Men Operation Zero Tolerance OHC
    - X-Men Blue TPB
    - X-Men Gold TPB
    - X-Men The Hunt for Professor X TPB
    - Magneto War TPB
    - X-Men vs Apocalypse: The Twelve Omnibus
    - X-Men Revolution Omnibus

When I'm done with Eve of Destruction, I think I will take a break from X-Men
    Impressive read-a-ton!

Though I kinda feel sorry for you, if you really stop with X-Men right when it's about to get good again - after having gone through all that late 90's drivel...

I haven't read the Revolution stuff myself though (apart from the trade near the end where you-know-who sacrifices himself). Is it better than the material preceding it, or much in the same vein?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

X-Men: Inferno

This is the original OHC (not the recent omni) which collects the Uncanny, X-Factor, and New Mutants issues, as well as the X-Terminators mini series. I haven't read any of these issues in like 25 yrs, and most of it doesn't hold up that well. I appreciate it in broad strokes for what it did for the overall X-narrative and realize it was kinda important to the franchise in general, but there's sooo much filler here! Louise Simonson writes 80% of the material, and while I like her in general, it seems like she got stuck filling in the blanks to Claremont's larger plot. The only decent art here is Silvestri's, and even then he was still a long way from peaking here. It's rough. Even Walt Simonson - whom I usually like - falls flat.

If I never read the X-Terminators mini (or assault my eyes with Bogdanove art) ever again, it will be too soon.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    X-Men: InfernoIf I never read the X-Terminators mini (or assault my eyes with Bogdanove art) ever again, it will be too soon.
    This pretty much sums up my feelings on that series as well. Worst X-related series I've read.