Page 131 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    The third and final HC is scheduled to come out in the Fall
    Good news, cheers

Spectacular Member

Just finished up the Seven Soldiers omni by Grant Morrison. Didn’t care for it much. Definitely going straight on eBay.

Fantastic Member

Just started my Hellboy/BPRD universe read-through with the first Hellboy Library Edition. I actually read the first two Library Editions like 3 years ago but I forgot everything so now I'm starting again from the top.

Using this reading order: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/an...ng-order-2019/

Baltimore, actually enjoying something for a change

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Personally, I like it better than the Ennis run. Then again I'm a fan of Delano's more cerebral writing style in general. If you like "Original Sins", I'd highly recommend the next volume "The Devil You Know".
    I finished Original Sins, maybe my 3rd reading of the book and it hit me. I found it scary and in the past, I couldn't take all the text but this time around, I really enjoyed it. I was going to skip up to volume 5 of Hellbalzer but now I am tempted to read the original Delano Run first or maybe instead of the Ennis run.

I am so glad I went back, Constantine has felt 2-dimensional to me lately, but reading this book, I feel like I know the character better.

Hellblazer Original Sins is a great horror comic. I was unsettled more than once! I love the old Vertigo style!

Also reading "Wanted" the DC book about Super-Villains. Has me wanting to buy the Worlds Finest hardcover that just came out.

Currently reading Rachel Rising Vol. 6 : Secrets Kept. This series was my introduction to Terry Moore. I know for many Strangers In Paradise was theirs and that it's considered his crowning jewel but I just had to give this series a shot first after seeing the wonderfully dark covers. Glad I wasn't disappointed. Such an awesome series.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Currently reading Rachel Rising Vol. 6 : Secrets Kept. This series was my introduction to Terry Moore. I know for many Strangers In Paradise was theirs and that it's considered his crowning jewel but I just had to give this series a shot first after seeing the wonderfully dark covers. Glad I wasn't disappointed. Such an awesome series.
    Rachel Rising was also my first Tony Moore book and so far my only one, but I will definitely read more of his work. I thought RR was awesome.

Some Silver Age goodness:
    Showcase Presents: Adam Strange.
    astr.jpg

Fantastic Member

WIll start reading Hellboy: Into The Silent Sea tonight as part of my Hellboy read-a-thon.

Amazing Member

About 2/3 of the way through Wonder Woman by Gail Simone Omni and loving it. Good blend of real world action with mythology. Once that finishes I picked up all the Brubaker Cap run and plan to jump into that full force. Have never read it and so excited for it. Had to do TPB in place of the Death of Captain America and Captain America Lives omnibus (not interested in dropping $500 - $600 on eBay for those) but still excited for a great run!

X-Force by Rick Remender. Fantastic read so far in, I'm really enjoying the dark and gritty storytelling. Actions have consequences and you really feel how the killing, even though they mostly agree that it is necessary, takes a toll on the members. The art is decent - not bad, not great - but I wish the coloring wasn't quite as dark and gritty as the storytelling, as I prefer a more colorful presentation.

After this, I may have to look into some more of Remender's work.

Fantastic Member

Starting on Hellboy Library Edition 4 this evening. This world really speaks to the imagination. Fantastic so far!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    X-Force by Rick Remender. Fantastic read so far in, I'm really enjoying the dark and gritty storytelling. Actions have consequences and you really feel how the killing, even though they mostly agree that it is necessary, takes a toll on the members. The art is decent - not bad, not great - but I wish the coloring wasn't quite as dark and gritty as the storytelling, as I prefer a more colorful presentation.

After this, I may have to look into some more of Remender's work.
    His X-Force is awesome! Love that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Starting on Hellboy Library Edition 4 this evening. This world really speaks to the imagination. Fantastic so far!
    Yeah, the Mignolaverse is quite remarkable. If you finish Hellboy and are looking for more, I would recommend BPRD and the other books in that verse.
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

“Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

“I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Finished Shadowland and although Waid's DD would be next, I don't love it. It's mostly good, but there are some silly parts so I'm going to skip it and I just started Soule's DD v1 tpb.
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

“Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

“I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yeah, the Mignolaverse is quite remarkable. If you finish Hellboy and are looking for more, I would recommend BPRD and the other books in that verse.
    Have BPRD lined up to read after this Library Edition . Following a reading order, which includes BPRD and the other titles: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/an...ng-order-2019/