Page 75 of 220 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3296

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    especially considering the third army arc makes absolutely no sense without issues not included in the omnibus.
    Really? I don't remember struggling to understand anything
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Astonishing Member

Finished Marvel Fanfare:Strange Tales.And story wise as well as art wise was a great read.Each story of Marvel Fanfare was divided in at least two stories and there is a interesting cast of Marvel Super Heroes in the first seven stories.The main story by Chris Clameront that is in the first four issues of this series was the best but i enjoyed reading all the other stories as well.
    And currently i am reading Batman:The Dark Knight Detective Vol:1,and enjoying reading those first post crisis Batman stories that are collected in this TPB,because the stories collected from this era are some of the first Batman stories i have read.Did not knew Alan Davis had illustrated the Batman stories.When i started reading Batman stories it was Norm Breyfogle the artist of Detecive Comics.I just remember reading the first stories with illustrations by Alan Davis from Excalibur.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Currently reading The Amazing Spider-Man Epic collection “Ghosts of the Past.”

Covers ASM 259-272, a couple Annuals, and two issues of Web of Spider-Man.

I read all of these when they came out while I was 12 and 13 years old, and they are so fun to revisit.

The Great and Secret Show, a pretty good adaptation with really nice art, would of been nice if the follow up books had been done as well

After spending some time to catch up on my monthly comics, I'm now reading Ghostbusters: Interdimensional Cross-Rip.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

I got back to JSA omnibus, vol. 1 after a disappointing James Robinson&David Goyer run, Geoff Johns came and the stories started to get better. I'm at Injustice be done part 4, and it's the best adventure so far, really nice stuff.

Incredible Member

About halfway through the Metabarons and it’s wild in just about each regard

Currently reading Nexus Omnibus Vol. 1 and absolutely loving it. The characters, the story, the art...everything's just right.

The sixth gun deluxe vol 5 = most excellent

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    The sixth gun deluxe vol 5 = most excellent
    I was holding out for Vol 6 to re-read/binge the whole series, so I haven't read 5 yet, but this series is great. This makes me want to go ahead and read it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

halfway through the Grayson Superspy omnibus and I'm really enjoying it. Even the Tom King penned issues and the Future's end one. What happened to King between this and his Batman run? Maybe he needed Seeley to make it work.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Started to read the Avengers: Standoff OHC. It's a decent read. Before reading it , I read a few runs leading up to it. The Uncanny Avengers line-up felt a little forced but wasn't bad. The idea was that Steve Rogers puts together "regular" heroes, mutants and also an Inhuman "Synapse" to show that they can work together. Of all the various post Secret Wars Avengers runs, I found the New Avengers the least "edible". Al Ewing is a fantastic writer and is one of the best Marvel have at the moment but I felt he forcibly pushes his liberal agenda in New Avengers. There were two runs that only made 7-8 issues or so but i found quite enjoyable: Howling Commandos of SHIELD (made up of various monsters) and The Illuminati. The latter is written by Joshua Williamson and is well written and quite fun. It's focused on the Hood putting together a crew and I went in thinking it to be a Superior Foes of SM copy, but it's not and well orth a read.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    About halfway through the Metabarons and it’s wild in just about each regard
    So I finished Metabarons and will start on the third Knightfall omnibus tonight.

I finished the Avengers: Standoff OHC. Not a bad read. So it's during this event, Steve Rogers is back to his youthful self and the seeds of Secret Empire are sown.

Started to read the Winterworld HC by Chuck Dixon and Jorge Zaffino.