Page 207 of 221 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3301
    Incredible Member

4 Sherlock Holmes novels adapted by Edginton/Culbard.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Lol! It wasn't my cup of tea.
    I watched a preview which showed the interiors. The amount of graphic sexual content was a bit much, even for me. Beautiful art, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I finished the Unwritten and it may be recency bias, but this is a top Vertigo book for me.

I also have been reading Bitter Root and that has been a blast, I just got to the essays and I wish they were at the end, they’re good, but I was loving the action!
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 07-12-2023 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I finished the Unwritten and it may be recency bias, but this is a top Vertigo book for me.

I also have been reading Bitter Root and that has been a blast, I just got to the essays and I wish they were at the end, they’re good, but I was loving the action!
    I'm definitely thinking about getting The Unwritten once all of the compendiums are released. Carey and Gross are an awesome combination.
    I was really hoping to get Bitter Root but every review I saw mentioned the bad binding. I hope they reissue it in better quality soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I think the Unwritten might be in my top 5 favorite Vertigo books, early and late. Bitter Root was great, it feels like a whole new universe with really deep characters. There are a ton of academic essays, I started reading 2 after every issue but I’m not done. I need to finish some EC comics essays on the oversized Bradbury book. The book does have an EC Horror vibe to it, they must be fans! I wonder if this is being used as a textbook?

Onslaught omnibus

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Superman Earth One
    Volumes 1-3

SupesE1.jpg

There are things here that are different, new takes, fresh takes and a dash of just new. I can see where this material would be for someone who knows of Superman but isn't entrenched in his lore. Even for someone whose never really read comics.
    I've had all the Earth One books sitting in my "to read" pile. The reviews had read near/just after the initial release of the books let me know they weren't urgent reads.
    That said JMS has written an engaging set of Superman stories here with art by Shane Davis that is really nice to look at. This art would look great in an OHC and all 3 volumes collected into one such volume would be around 400ish pages for just story.

I recommend these. Now, on to Batman Earth One vol.1-3
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I've just finished reading Jonathan Hickman's Pax Romana. I bought it a bit randomly as I don't think I had ever read something from him before.

I think it's an incredible book. It's certainly not for everyone, it might be an acquired taste as the theme can be considered a bit complex and dry, plus the art is quite minimalistic, but for me it totally worked, I think it's 5/5 stars - it's a great sci-fi, time travel, let's go to the past to change the future graphic novel.
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-17-2023 at 09:45 AM.

Wonder Woman Historia The Amazons! This was amazing! Black Label hits it out of the park now and then! Catwoman Lonely City and this we’re both awesome.

I'm currently half way through Night Fever by Brubaker and Phillips. Just as good as always.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Reading my brother's Death Note. I watched the anime some 9 years ago, so it's really cool to re-visit this story. Currently enjoying it as much as the anime (and I certainly dig the manga's ending more)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm currently half way through Night Fever by Brubaker and Phillips. Just as good as always.
    Point of order: that's an original graphic novel, not a collected edition.

Still really good though.

I smashed through Superman: Camelot Falls by Kurt Busiek and Carlos Pacheco over the last few days. It's just as good as you'd expect it to be with those two creators' names in the credits.

It's basically Busiek's in-depth take on Elliot S! Maggin's early 70s story, Must There Be A Superman? with added Trolley Problem, an issue that's basically an Astro City story, and lots of Superman being super.

Rereading department of truth.

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 5
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver